Sponsored

Aftermarket clutch lines - any experiences? Remedy for a sticking clutch?

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Hello -- I'm wondering if anyone has personal experience with either the Steeda braided, or Ford Performance clutch line upgrades? Have any of you on occasion had your clutch stick at high RPM?
Sponsored

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
I have experience installing both brands and I run the ford performance one. I haven’t experienced any clutch sticking from stock clutch to dual setup that I’m running now. I also run Castrol SRF brake fluid which can have a beneficial factor.

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang, '17 Mustang, '18 F150, '23 Mustang GT
I installed the steeda line but haven't had any high rpm sticking before. It's been cool weather since I installed mine but I'm hoping it helps with a "mushy" or slightly sticking pedal during longer highway/interstate trips. What I have already noticed are much more consistent engagement and release points, along with better feel.

Install was easy and only lost a few drops of fluid, literally. Pull the topside loose first and cap it. The vacuum will retain most of the fluid when you pull the bottom.

Bleeding on the other hand I thought my leg might eventually fall off! Then it still needed more bleeding after a quick few miles.

Already totally worth the upgrade though.

OP
OP
mikeyjobu

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Thanks folks - that’s all helpful. Still trying to determine if it would be worth the additional $200 for the FRPP, or if the Steeda is helpful enough. There’s an SVE one that looks similar to the Steeda from LMR, but would expect that one to be disappointing - I’d rather just do the job once, and be happy with it.

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang, '17 Mustang, '18 F150, '23 Mustang GT
13" long-reach needle nose pliers with 90* bent ends will be your best friend for both removing and installing the bottom of the line...
Sponsored