Sponsored

Motorsport Ranch or COTA

Flyfaster1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Magentic PP GT
After our Three Sister's cruise I've been itching to go to a track or do another cruise. I'd prefer to do without the rock chips (although it was worth every single one), since my OCD drives me nuts.

Would any of you guys want to get together to race at Motorsport Ranch or COTA, or have you already done this before?.. I have no idea how this works but really want to do some track days.
Sponsored

Red2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd be very much interested if it's possible.

shelbydave

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 shelby gt350
I'm in

Ozzmosis86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Conv. w/ PP Deep Impact Blue
COTA would be awesome! A hot lap around COTA would check something off my bucket list!

Sponsored

MaverickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Check out http://thedriversedge.net. Very reasonably priced. They are two day events and you get 8 20 min sessions with an instructor in the car and classroom time. I ran Texas World Speedway in May. It was a blast. I will be at Motorsport Ranch this weekend June 3-4, and also July 9-10. I know they have events scheduled there in Sept - Dec. I plan on going then also.

Reactions: DR_

MaverickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP

MaverickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
COTA would be awesome! A hot lap around COTA would check something off my bucket list!

Found this online.

http://www.edgeaddicts.com/events.html

5 sessions with instructor will run you $645. You'll also need a helmet rental, tech inspection, etc. They may offer parade laps where visitors can take their car out. You'll probably get 20 minutes on track. Or you can get 3 2-day events under your belt and they will let you run solo.

If you come out this weekend to Motorsport Ranch Cressons you can take your car on the track for parade laps.

Red2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm interested for sure. Only day of no rain this weekend though is Sunday. Yuck.

MaverickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I'm interested for sure. Only day of no rain this weekend though is Sunday. Yuck.
Looks that way. We have a late morning start Saturday because of the rain. We still run though. Should be dry in the afternoon. For those interested PM me and I'll give you my cell number. I can text you the times for parade laps. Give yourself some time to check out the other cars. There were a few high dollar Porsches and Corvettes there, along with a GT350. Quite a mix. One lady trailered in two Porsche set up for the track. I took a ride with an instructor in his 2012 Mustang set up for the track. He was doing 150 down the straight and there were faster cars out there.

Sponsored

DeltaMobile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2
I have been to two Track Nights at Motorsports Ranch in Cresson. It is great!!! Sign up and come out.

OP
OP
Flyfaster1

Flyfaster1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Magentic PP GT
Awesome, thanks. I'll PM you and see if you and some others want to meet up out there some time soon.

Lukasha

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Blue Dream
For those of you that can take a day off of work, the annual Hot Rod Power Tour is coming through Austin on 6/13 and is going to be at COTA. For $50 you can join the parade and do a lap around the track. I'll be there because I'm joining the Power Tour from Baytown until Grand Prairie.

Jeff

MaverickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I have been to two Track Nights at Motorsports Ranch in Cresson. It is great!!! Sign up and come out.

Met up with DeltaMobile at Motorsport Ranch this weekend. It was a blast. Definitely interested in the track nights.