Sponsored

Motor Trend is a joke

Deleted member 35644

I got a renewal offer in the mail from them yesterday. $6.00 for 12 months. It's about $5.99 more than it's worth.

I used to enjoy reading MT, along with R&T and C&D. Used to have stacks of them around the house. They're just not as entertaining, or insightful as they used to be.

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
MT has been a joke for some time now. Never did subscribe to them.

OP
OP
1mic

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
  • Banned
MT has been a joke for some time now. Never did subscribe to them.
I always called them general motors trend. But with the ZR1 getting 2nd to last place maybe not. Or maybe GM will get a 2nd exclusive where MT writes an article about how great the manual ZR1 is (they tested an a8 ZR1 i believe).

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
MT sucks. I used to like C&D but it got obvious as I got older they're all paid off. All of their incompetence led to the numerous YouTube car review "experts" that all same the same shit... and, now, more people listen to than them...

OP
OP
1mic

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
  • Banned
The M2 won the its head to head against the Camaro V6 1LE. The GT350R beat out the ZL1 in its head to head.
This further proves my point on how they are a fucking joke. I just looked up the price
M2, $58k
V6 Camaro 1LE, $32k

SS 1LE is $44k.
LOL

I know the comparison happened a year ago, but the price difference for the v6 and m2 are crazy. Also, im 100% certain you can get a v6 1LE for less than $30k, because lets be honest, nobody is spending over $30k on a v6 camaro when you can get the v8 for a couple grand more.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Ehh, I haven't read the magazine for a while, but I really enjoy Motor Trend's online content. And I'm as sensitive as anyone here when I feel a certain brand hasn't been given a fair shake.

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
If you look at old issues of Motor Trend (and other car mags) from the '60s even through the 90s, they used to have much more complete reviews, with lots of test data, measurements, and charts. Most MT articles now are just "general impressions" of driving a model, with a cool photo and maybe an estimated 0-60 time quoted. It's garbage; it's basically a glossy advertisement.

Also, MT (and some of the other mags) also used to keep a nice reference page/section in the back, with a list of all the cars they tested in the previous several years and the corresponding test data. This let you easily look up their test results on any car, even if you didn't have that particular issue. And it let you easily compare a lot of cars' data in one place. Of course, they took that feature out--to make room for more ads.

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
View attachment 306056
IMG952018092195153918.jpg

On the left is Muscle Mustangs and fast Fords nov 2018 on the right is aug 2007. The articles are short some are good but the biggest part of this magazine is the adds. Once my subscription has run out I'll never renew it I hate a magazine that mostly comprised of adds. All automotive magazines are junks the articles are just fill for the adds. :facepalm:

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I haven't bought any car publications in over 10 years. Motor trend went from trying to sell BMWs to trying to sell GM product.

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
View attachment 306056
IMG952018092195153918.jpg

On the left is Muscle Mustangs and fast Fords nov 2018 on the right is aug 2007. The articles are short some are good but the biggest part of this magazine is the adds. Once my subscription has run out I'll never renew it I hate a magazine that mostly comprised of adds. All automotive magazines are junks the articles are just fill for the adds. :facepalm:
WOW....pretty shocking to actually see the difference side by side like that.

Yeah I'm with you on the whole "ad" business. There's too many everywhere and magazines are some of the worst offenders. You pay for the subscription...and it's like you're paying to see a sales paper instead of anything remotely insightful.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
The only car rag I subscribe to anymore is Automobile. I haven't bothered with the rest for years.