Sponsored

Motor Trend Channel World's Greatest Drag Race 6!

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Its 2WD as noted above..

So? It doesn't take away the fact a car only 500lbs lighter yet at a deficit of 106hp is still quicker by quite a bit of a margin. Its the total package..very impressive. The 911S is a Supercar-light that can actually be driven everyday with a back seat, not much of a backseat but it does have one.

Not hating on the GT350R, it was a .1 quicker around the track..very impressive. Its just for my money I would be taking the 991.2S when you add in the ADM you will be paying.

Dave
Two very different cars. I test drove a new 17 Carrera S a couple of times and it is an extremely nice car. But, I also found it very isolated and kind of boring. If you want luxury, 0-60 and a track all star it is one of the ultimate cars to own. But, unless you special order it will come with the PDK transmission and probably quite a few other drivers aids.

Two very different driving experiences and it is up to the individual which one they prefer. I decided to save 60 plus grand and bought my GT350.
Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Two very different cars. I test drove a new 17 Carrera S a couple of times and it is an extremely nice car. But, I also found it very isolated and kind of boring. If you want luxury, 0-60 and a track all star it is one of the ultimate cars to own. But, unless you special order it will come with the PDK transmission and probably quite a few other drivers aids.

Two very different driving experiences and it is up to the individual which one they prefer. I decided to save 60 plus grand and bought my GT350.

I drove one as well, the exhaust is almost whisper quiet without the PSE but I didn't find it boring at all. There is quite a bit of noise as those big 305 tires are right behind your ears. That being said if I had a choice between a GT350R with the ADM or a 911S for a similar price...Im going with the PCar.

I would order the car, 7MT, sportseats, sport PASM and thats it.

Either way, probably just going to hang tight in my E92..

Dave

Last edited:

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
I drove one as well, the exhaust is almost whisper quiet without the PSE but I didn't find it boring at all. There is quite a bit of noise as those big 305 tires are right behind your ears. That being said if I had a choice between a GT350R with the ADM or a 911S for a similar price...Im going with the PCar.

I would order the car, 7MT, sportseats, sport PASM and thats it.

Either way, probably just going to hang tight in my E92..

Dave
I found it very quiet in in almost all modes, especially when compared to my GT350. That is good and bad IMO.

A 911 Carrera S even lightly option like your build is still going to be around 105-110k. I think you can find an R for 80-90 fairly easy right now. That is quiet a price delta. I guess I wouldn't call it "similar money," but to each his own.

An E9x M3 isn't the worst car to be in right now either though. It's still a great car. :cheers:

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I found it very quiet in in almost all modes, especially when compared to my GT350. That is good and bad IMO.

A 911 Carrera S even lightly option like your build is still going to be around 105-110k. I think you can find an R for 80-90 fairly easy right now. That is quiet a price delta. I guess I wouldn't call it "similar money," but to each his own.

An E9x M3 isn't the worst car to be in right now either though. It's still a great car. :cheers:
Thanks...I owned a 997.1S before and I loved the car. I just can't pay an ADM for a car...won't do it. Its either MSRP or I won't get the car., I have feelers everywhere. Soutbay Ford still wants $110k for their GT350R...

Dave

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
Its 2WD as noted above..

So? It doesn't take away the fact a car only 500lbs lighter yet at a deficit of 106hp is still quicker by quite a bit of a margin. Its the total package..very impressive. The 911S is a Supercar-light that can actually be driven everyday with a back seat, not much of a backseat but it does have one.

Not hating on the GT350R, it was a .1 quicker around the track..very impressive. Its just for my money I would be taking the 991.2S when you add in the ADM you will be paying.

Dave

Take a pill dude, I'm not shitting on the 911, i wish the gt350 was 500lbs lighter, i'm simply making the comment that weight plays a significant role in its ability to achieve these performance numbers.

Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Weight is key... look at the NSX. So important for performance. Overweight... now underachieved. For the price and hype of that caliber, i.e. supercar level, it's amazing (actually disappointing) it didn't clearly exceed the cars it was benchmarked against.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Take a pill dude, I'm not shitting on the 911, i wish the gt350 was 500lbs lighter, i'm simply making the comment that weight plays a significant role in its ability to achieve these performance numbers.

I am chill dude, its you getting your panties in a wad...:D

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Weight is key... look at the NSX. So important for performance. Overweight... now underachieved. For the price and hype of that caliber, i.e. supercar level, it's amazing (actually disappointing) it didn't clearly exceed the cars it was benchmarked against.
I think most importantly the NSX lost its SOUL. It was a light, simple, and elegant machine that was based around an experience and not a lap time. Now it's a science project.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Here from what I read I thought that Honda just tamed the NSX down a little too much. It's supposed to be super comfortable on the road. I wonder if the Honda guys will still buy it?

TTony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 M5
Here from what I read I thought that Honda just tamed the NSX down a little too much. It's supposed to be super comfortable on the road. I wonder if the Honda guys will still buy it?
Not too many Honda guys are buying $175k-$225k cars.

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Seems like the super high-end performance cars since the GT-R are all about the car doing the "heavy lifting" when it comes to high performance driving and the driver just points the car and presses the gas peddle.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Seems like the super high-end performance cars since the GT-R are all about the car doing the "heavy lifting" when it comes to high performance driving and the driver just points the car and presses the gas peddle.
You can spin a GTR very easily. It's not impervious. Cars like that just do that much better when you're just that good.
Sponsored