kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
I went with the steeda adjustable mounts

Install itself went fine. I did it on jack stands so knowing that i would remove the front wheels to make access easier. Loosen nut on top of motor mount. Support motor w/ jack or other means. Then remove the 4 bolts/studs holding the mount bracket to the motor. Once removed then remove the two bolts holding the mount to the frame.

Reinstall new mount to frame. Dont tighten 2 bolts down all the way just yet.

Reinstall mount bracket to motor. Tighten all bolts/studs. Hand start bolt that holds motor down. Once started lower motor down tighten down the 2 loose mount bolts. Leave top bolt loose until other side completed

Repeat all steps on driver side. Add step to remove steering column before loosening motor mounts. Once all mount bracket bolts/studs and motor mount bolts are tight and motor is lowered then tighten top bolts.

Impressions.

I lowered the motor 1/4ā€. Immediately i noticed some increased vibration on start up but no noise. More vibration thru pedals and wheel. Made it seem more muscle car. Didnā€™t seem to be overly intrusive. Got driving down the street. The first mile seemed more vibrations than normal but only until 3rd gear at 20 miles an hour.(if that makes any sense) After that it seemed normal. I would say that it seemed to have similar feel as stock mounts with just a touch more responsiveness. I also think ive been dealing with some false knock and i noticed more timing being added than normal with less instances of pulled timing.

I expected the vibration to be more intrusive than it is. Supposed to lessen with break in.

After a couple more days slight more vibration than i noticed stock only on start up. Does seem to handle marginally better around turns. Idk if thats cause i read it lowers the center of gravity but i cant imagine 1/4ā€ would make that change noticeable. Anyways decent mod for $100. And a couple hours work.

feel free to ask any questions. Happy to help in any way i can.
Sponsored

fuelforfire87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Did you use both red bushings on the mounts or the red and black bushings?

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I just bought these engine mounts for my 2019 Bullitt. I had installed a set on my previously owned 2013 GT and didnā€™t notice any NVH. I ran black/red as recommended for drag racing too. Iā€™m hoping that they work just as well on the Bullitt.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
I run the steeda mounts at stock height with the red/black mix. I have also noticed a slight increase in NVH, which is to be expected. Responsiveness increase is slight with a 6r80, but in conjunction with one piece driveshaft and poly diff inserts it is definitely alot snappier.

fuelforfire87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Nice, been thinking about doing this mod at some point, would love to get a tubular k-member as well but can't see spending over 1000 dollars on one.

Sponsored

chesster51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
I just bought these engine mounts for my 2019 Bullitt. I had installed a set on my previously owned 2013 GT and didnā€™t notice any NVH. I ran black/red as recommended for drag racing too. Iā€™m hoping that they work just as well on the Bullitt.
Looking at these as well for the Bullitt. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts after the install.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Looking at these as well for the Bullitt. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts after the install.
I will definitely report back here once Iā€™m done with mods. Been waiting on LTHs to ship for almost two months now. I will remove the K-member for the install, just as I did on my ā€˜13GT. Iā€™ll also be adding the WL trans insert and lots of other suspension parts. Iā€™ll make sure to get pics of everything.

chesster51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
I will definitely report back here once Iā€™m done with mods. Been waiting on LTHs to ship for almost two months now. I will remove the K-member for the install, just as I did on my ā€˜13GT. Iā€™ll also be adding the WL trans insert and lots of other suspension parts. Iā€™ll make sure to get pics of everything.
I had to remove the WL insert in mine. Caused more NVH than I could live with.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
I had to remove the WL insert in mine. Caused more NVH than I could live with.
where you near Henley by Lake Asbury around 210 yesterday? A gorgeous green bullitt went by, I was left turn lane going onto Henley.

I've got the Steeda motor mounts just have to get them installed. Thanks for the review.

chesster51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
where you near Henley by Lake Asbury around 210 yesterday? A gorgeous green bullitt went by, I was left turn lane going onto Henley.

I've got the Steeda motor mounts just have to get them installed. Thanks for the review.
That's the area I live, but I didn't have the car out yesterday. Mine is also a gorgeous green, might better check my garage and make sure it's still there! I live in villages of fireside

Sponsored

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
That's the area I live, but I didn't have the car out yesterday. Mine is also a gorgeous green, might better check my garage and make sure it's still there! I live in villages of fireside
I was in the Oakleaf area(zip was Middleburg) but sold home in May, having a new one built in Lake Asbury (Supposed to have started in May) finally getting foundation this week. I am stuck in a crappy apartment on Blanding, ugg. You a member of FCMM on the 'book? v

chesster51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
I was in the Oakleaf area(zip was Middleburg) but sold home in May, having a new one built in Lake Asbury (Supposed to have started in May) finally getting foundation this week. I am stuck in a crappy apartment on Blanding, ugg. You a member of FCMM on the 'book? v
Not a member, but would probably like to.

OP
OP

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
Did you use both red bushings on the mounts or the red and black bushings?
my car is a daily and i only drag a couple times a year so i went with both red vs the red/black and lowered only 1/4". so far its been great just a little more vibration noticed real low in the rpms but thats it.
Sponsored