OP
PC 2015

PC 2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ordered 2019 ruby red pp1 A10 with whipple stage 2
This...
Sounds like 93 is easily available for you, you'll get better mileage and you can still make plenty of power (especially for the street) with lower compression on 93.
I'm running an aluminator sc short block (9.5:1) and still making pretty good power on 93.
Yeah it's not my DD so I keep 50 gallons of E my house. Just didnt have fuel system done yet and was still on whippled tune. But damn 9.5 1 that's low for these cars. The lowest I would drop would be 11 1 but I'm keeping it 12 1.
Sponsored

Old Ickabod

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yeah it's not my DD so I keep 50 gallons of E my house. Just didnt have fuel system done yet and was still on whippled tune. But damn 9.5 1 that's low for these cars. The lowest I would drop would be 11 1 but I'm keeping it 12 1.
When I bought my car (used), it had the stock motor and was on E85. Like you, the nearest E85 station was a fairly long drive from my house, and although mine isn't a dd either, the limited driving range was a rub for me. When one of the head gaskets went out on the factory motor, I decided to change the setup to run on 93. I also initially thought the 9.5:1 was really low, but it is the standard cr for the aluminator sc, which is intended/engineered by Ford to be used in forced induction applications - its currently making over 800rwhp on 93 with way less timing (more boost though) than the previous E85 setup, which was making about 720rwhp. I would agree that 9.5:1 probably is way too low for purpose built E85 setup though. Good luck with your build.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Did you run a whipple tune with your return fuel set up and ID1050X injectors ?

Old Ickabod

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Not sure if that was for me, but my car had a PBD E85 tune, ID, Fore and D1sc when I bought it. When switching to the aluminator sc set up on 93, we kept the ID and the Fore, but the D1sc was sent to Procharger to be upgraded to a D1x, which is what is in it now. The cams are a custom grind from Comp Cams to match the setup and the 93 tune is by my local builder. Although I'm using a Procharger, I would think other blowers would make similar power on a similar set up, and turbos would probably make a bit more.....

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Not sure if that was for me, but my car had a PBD E85 tune, ID, Fore and D1sc when I bought it. When switching to the aluminator sc set up on 93, we kept the ID and the Fore, but the D1sc was sent to Procharger to be upgraded to a D1x, which is what is in it now. The cams are a custom grind from Comp Cams to match the setup and the 93 tune is by my local builder. Although I'm using a Procharger, I would think other blowers would make similar power on a similar set up, and turbos would probably make a bit more.....
Sorry man . Question was for OP .
I know he was all setup to run E85.
But since the failure happened with the whipple tune I was just wondering sequence of events.

Sponsored

OP
OP
PC 2015

PC 2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nooo!!! I would never do that. Just a complete stage 2 kit. When I installed all that and was switching plugs is when I first noticed a very very little dot of oil on cylinder 7 plug. Only had 9 hundred miles at the time. So I was hopping maybe the ring didnt seat all the yet. But I was wrong lol.

Last edited:

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Nooo!!! I would never do that. Just a complete stage 2 kit. When I installed all that and was switching plugs is when I first noticed a very very little dot of oil on cylinder 7 plug. Only had 9 hundred miles at the time. So I was hopping maybe the ring didnt seat all the yet. But I was wrong lol.
So, you found the oil in #7 while installing the plugs that came with the kit while doing the initial install of the whipple?

OP
OP
PC 2015

PC 2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, you found the oil in #7 while installing the plugs that came with the kit while doing the initial install of the whipple?
No had the whipple on for 800 miles or so. When I was done doing the fuel system and some other things the last thing I did was change the plugs. Thats when i found a very very little bit of oil. But was hoping that was my the rings didnt seal yet because I only had 900 mile on the car. But i was wrong

Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
No had the whipple on for 800 miles or so. When I was done doing the fuel system and some other things the last thing I did was change the plugs. Thats when i found a very very little bit of oil. But was hoping that was my the rings didnt seal yet because I only had 900 mile on the car. But i was wrong
Im in the same boat man,closet e85 is about 20 min drive.But mine is not a dd and after i took my 15 motor out running 93 and 93/octanium i decided i was going to do a fuel.system on my 17 and run only e85.I have plastic 55 gallon drums at work and can store some fuel if i want,but so far it has not been that bad filling up when needed.For me its just one less to worry about when running over 12 psi off boost.

OP
OP
PC 2015

PC 2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Im in the same boat man,closet e85 is about 20 min drive.But mine is not a dd and after i took my 15 motor out running 93 and 93/octanium i decided i was going to do a fuel.system on my 17 and run only e85.I have plastic 55 gallon drums at work and can store some fuel if i want,but so far it has not been that bad filling up when needed.For me its just one less to worry about when running over 12 psi off boost.
I have 10 5gallon gas cans in my garage. It's not a big deal. But I will keep a 93 tune for long rides. So I'm gonna pulley back up to 3.875/11psi but tell Lund to make the tune very conservative. And I wont be racing with that tune. It will be more of a point A to point B tune. That's the only reason I'm not doing a 20% overdrive. So the most I'll be able to run is 20psi. But I think that's good for 8's tho

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
I have 10 5gallon gas cans in my garage. It's not a big deal. But I will keep a 93 tune for long rides. So I'm gonna pulley back up to 3.875/11psi but tell Lund to make the tune very conservative. And I wont be racing with that tune. It will be more of a point A to point B tune. That's the only reason I'm not doing a 20% overdrive. So the most I'll be able to run is 20psi. But I think that's good for 8's tho
That sounds like a pretty good plan.

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
So what went bad? Rings? Burnt a valve? Hole in piston? Broken ring land?

OP
OP
PC 2015

PC 2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So what went bad? Rings? Burnt a valve? Hole in piston? Broken ring land?
From what it looks like with the bore scope ring land. But the motor is going to L&M Wednesday as soon as they tell me what's up. I'll post it on this thread.
Sponsored