Mother lovin stealerships!

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
So, my son's Ranger finally gave it up, and the car shopping has begun. Looked at an Eco Premium A10. He was not a huge fan. He wants more power than the eco, but less than the gt.

So... We go look at a Camaro (I know). A v6 1LT 1LE. I would say trim wise it would be like a gt with the 301A but a V6. He loved it. The color was a second choice color, but there aren't many (2, and the other is black) in the area. Stealer is advertising it at 25.6k with all kind of incentives. Now, my son is EXTREMELY tight with his money, so we came home to discuss the cost. After much debate, he wanted to go back and buy the car. So back we go. The salesman brings in some young guy, who apparently is the go-between between us and the guy who actually makes the decision (utter bs, but whatever). He comes back with a bunch of numbers, and nome of them are the 25.6. He came with 29 and change. We didn't have a 2009 or newer trade, so there was $2000, then they had another 1500 in gps tracking and 3M film. Neither of which are listed on the window sticker. After 10 minutes of arguing, we got up and left.

This shit just pisses me off. So tired of dealers thinking they can just pull crap like this. "It says on the website..." You've got the price of the car advertised in bold red numbers. If that's not the price, then just put the damn price on there. Quit making customers jump through hoops and try pull this crap. I don't care if a guy is making money. We all have to eat. But don't try and steal from me. F%&kers.

Sorry, rant over.
Sponsored

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Let me guess, Chevy dealer on Noland Rd (I won't mention names). I test drove an '18 SS 1LE there. They had $250 worth of crap on the car and wanted an extra $2,500 for it. I told them I didn't want all that crap on the car and they'd have to take it off if I was going to buy it. I finally followed the sales guy up to the manager and just started talking to him. He finally took all the additional addons out of the price and shot me a really good price ($38K). It was a second choice color or I'd probably bought it on the spot. Told him I still needed to test drive a Mustang and the rest is history. That's what I like about Thoroughbred Ford. They don't push any of that crap including extended warranties.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
On a separate note, the Eco is pretty stout and welcomes a tune and minor mods pretty much without worry. You can get them pretty quick for less than a $1K.

Just checked and their inventory is pretty low. They do have a '19 Eco premium M6 in Magnetic.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Weird post. Go over to the Camaro6 forum to complain about a Camaro buying experience.

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Car dealerships show why monopolies are bad. Just about ever state has a law that restricts Manufactureres from selling to the public. The opposite of the free market. Yeah that fourth generation dealer cares about service or you. s\

Try emailing the dealership. No emotion or games can be played over email. Use a fake name. Create a new email and email everyone of them that have the car trim you want. Pit one against the other. Forward multiple emails to each other. Plus the internet division generally has the most leeway to slash prices. Don’t think for a second you are a good negotiator in person compared to someone that does it all day everyday.

Look up “four square system” if you want to see have they operate.

Sponsored

Mattneedforgreen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
They get away with it with the fine print not all buys will qualify for all rebaits. They will add rebaits that you can not get both of at the same time like college and military

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
I've run into the same thing in my area. The dealer lists the price with every conceivable incentive to lure you in. Then to qualify for all of those incentives you have to be wearing blue suede underwear on a Tuesday before a full moon between the hours of 1:47 and 1:48pm. Your birthdate must fall upon February 29th, your mother must smell of elderberries, your father must be a monk, and the planets must be aligned with the exception of Saturn which must be hiding its rings. Oh and you have to be a college student.

Buy a used car. Save the over the curb cost. Find one a year old someone traded because they wanted more power. Will still have warranty and you'll save a bunch.

I just finished changing my oil on my 99 F150. Went to back out of the driveway and the brake pedal went clear to the floor. Found a blown brake line on the rear driver's side. I think I'll stick with my problem rather than trade you problems. LOL! i'm just thankful I had enough pedal to get it stopped and parked. Man upstairs was watching over. Had I not changed the oil this could have happened on the way to work at 60mph on the interstate monday morning.

Good luck in your quest.

Emrys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
They get away with it with the fine print not all buyers will qualify for all rebates. They will add rebates that you can not get both of at the same time like college and military
That's exactly it. If you happen to be a member of the Dairy Council, an employee of Cingular, and a retired postmaster, THEN maybe--maybe!-- you, too, can qualify for the amazing price listed on the website (some restrictions apply).

Add that to the hidden fees that you have to root out (fabric protection), and it makes finding the honest dealer a worthwhile endeavour. Not everyone plays these games, but dealerships that do rely on customers that don't have the time or patience to do their homework.

I know that every dealership is different, but I wonder if some states are worse than others for car buying as a general rule. Or if some makes/models are more prone to worthless add-ons and largely unattainable pricing rebates.

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I've run into the same thing in my area. The dealer lists the price with every conceivable incentive to lure you in. Then to qualify for all of those incentives you have to be wearing blue suede underwear on a Tuesday before a full moon between the hours of 1:47 and 1:48pm. Your birthdate must fall upon February 29th, your mother must smell of elderberries, your father must be a monk, and the planets must be aligned with the exception of Saturn which must be hiding its rings. Oh and you have to be a college student.

Buy a used car. Save the over the curb cost. Find one a year old someone traded because they wanted more power. Will still have warranty and you'll save a bunch.

I just finished changing my oil on my 99 F150. Went to back out of the driveway and the brake pedal went clear to the floor. Found a blown brake line on the rear driver's side. I think I'll stick with my problem rather than trade you problems. LOL! i'm just thankful I had enough pedal to get it stopped and parked. Man upstairs was watching over. Had I not changed the oil this could have happened on the way to work at 60mph on the interstate monday morning.

Good luck in your quest.
I call that some built up good karma right there. You keep building that karma.

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
I've found negotiating online or via email less stressful and very successful
Find what your son wants exactly online. Negotiate from there. They will likely deliver to your door. The internet sales folks seem to be more straight up in my experience.
In person on the lot is a day of life waisted....
Good for you to walk on them
They will likely be calling you back

Sponsored

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
So, my son's Ranger finally gave it up, and the car shopping has begun. Looked at an Eco Premium A10. He was not a huge fan. He wants more power than the eco, but less than the gt.

So... We go look at a Camaro (I know). A v6 1LT 1LE. I would say trim wise it would be like a gt with the 301A but a V6. He loved it. The color was a second choice color, but there aren't many (2, and the other is black) in the area. Stealer is advertising it at 25.6k with all kind of incentives. Now, my son is EXTREMELY tight with his money, so we came home to discuss the cost. After much debate, he wanted to go back and buy the car. So back we go. The salesman brings in some young guy, who apparently is the go-between between us and the guy who actually makes the decision (utter bs, but whatever). He comes back with a bunch of numbers, and nome of them are the 25.6. He came with 29 and change. We didn't have a 2009 or newer trade, so there was $2000, then they had another 1500 in gps tracking and 3M film. Neither of which are listed on the window sticker. After 10 minutes of arguing, we got up and left.

This shit just pisses me off. So tired of dealers thinking they can just pull crap like this. "It says on the website..." You've got the price of the car advertised in bold red numbers. If that's not the price, then just put the damn price on there. Quit making customers jump through hoops and try pull this crap. I don't care if a guy is making money. We all have to eat. But don't try and steal from me. F%&kers.

Sorry, rant over.
He wants more power than an Ecoboost, so he looks at a Camaro that is slower than an Ecoboost? That must be Kansas math. It sounds like your son actually wants more exhaust note from the car and not more power or a faster car.

There is nothing wrong with wanting more sound from your car, but don't confuse sound or the number of cylinders with more power, that is ridiculous.

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I've found negotiating online or via email less stressful and very successful
Find what your son wants exactly online. Negotiate from there. They will likely deliver to your door. The internet sales folks seem to be more straight up in my experience.
In person on the lot is a day of life waisted....
Good for you to walk on them
They will likely be calling you back
This. It’s 2019, you can do all the negotiating by email. Once a price has been agreed to, you’re going to the dealership simply to look over/test drive the vehicle and sign the already prepared paperwork.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
IF you were in Pennsylvania or for those reading this in central PA, one of the best dealerships I ever dealt with was Stuckey Ford. I traded them my 13 GT for a 14 GT auto. They told me they only mark up $1500 on their used cars. The price on the car they sold me was very good and a one owner. Two weeks later when I found my old car listed on their site it was marked up $1497.00 more than they gave me for it. I drove 8 hours each way and committed to buying that car site unseen. It was exactly as advertised. No add-ons no surprises. May be work looking at what they have or can do for you used or new.

green97probe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Edge
Vehicle Showcase
When I bought my 2010 GT in 3013, the dealer screwed me from four square all the way to paying for "VIN etching " on the glass that they did before I set foot on the lot.

When I bought my 2018, I told my salesman "I'm not playing the four square game, here is the out the door price I'd like. "

OP
OP
samd1351

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Let me guess, Chevy dealer on Noland Rd (I won't mention names). I test drove an '18 SS 1LE there. They had $250 worth of crap on the car and wanted an extra $2,500 for it. I told them I didn't want all that crap on the car and they'd have to take it off if I was going to buy it. I finally followed the sales guy up to the manager and just started talking to him. He finally took all the additional addons out of the price and shot me a really good price ($38K). It was a second choice color or I'd probably bought it on the spot. Told him I still needed to test drive a Mustang and the rest is history. That's what I like about Thoroughbred Ford. They don't push any of that crap including extended warranties.
Not on Noland Road, off of 435 & Wornall, but I know who you're talking about.
Sponsored