samd1351

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
On a separate note, the Eco is pretty stout and welcomes a tune and minor mods pretty much without worry. You can get them pretty quick for less than a $1K.

Just checked and their inventory is pretty low. They do have a '19 Eco premium M6 in Magnetic.
He just missed out
On a separate note, the Eco is pretty stout and welcomes a tune and minor mods pretty much without worry. You can get them pretty quick for less than a $1K.

Just checked and their inventory is pretty low. They do have a '19 Eco premium M6 in Magnetic.
He just missed out an a Kona 201A 6sp at the right price. Tried to save the ranger, missed the deal, lost the ranger.
Sponsored

OP
OP
samd1351

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
Weird post. Go over to the Camaro6 forum to complain about a Camaro buying experience.
Guess you missed the part driving the ecoboost. Mostly complaining about stealerships in general.

OP
OP
samd1351

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
He wants more power than an Ecoboost, so he looks at a Camaro that is slower than an Ecoboost? That must be Kansas math. It sounds like your son actually wants more exhaust note from the car and not more power or a faster car.

There is nothing wrong with wanting more sound from your car, but don't confuse sound or the number of cylinders with more power, that is ridiculous.
V6 Camaro is 338 hp. Mustang eco is 310. Almost a 10% increase. Math is pretty straight forward. And the sound of the eco is, imo, is much better than the Camaro. He drove both, the auto stang and stick Camaro. He said the Camaro felt better. Could be the gearing was different. I know the camaro has a 3.27, not sure what the eco had. Could have been the 3.15.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
V6 Camaro is 338 hp. Mustang eco is 310. Almost a 10% increase. Math is pretty straight forward. And the sound of the eco is, imo, is much better than the Camaro. He drove both, the auto stang and stick Camaro. He said the Camaro felt better. Could be the gearing was different. I know the camaro has a 3.27, not sure what the eco had. Could have been the 3.15.
IMO, only Chevy dealer in KC area that's worth anything is Henry Martens in Leavenworth. Small privately owned dealership that's always been a straight shooter with me. Ordered my 2001 2500HD from them and that's where I get any work done on the Camaro.

Hinzel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
i believe auto EB will be 3.15 unless it is the performance pack which will be 3.55. manual is 3.31, PP is also 3.55

also, in for the dealership hate. and extended warranties in general

Sponsored

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
I’m guessing it’s a numbers game. With a growing population, they’ve done the math and can figure on X amount of people will take it or impulse buy. Kudos for the OP and his son for walking away.

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
Honestly around here (NYC) I've found the import and luxo dealers pull this type of add on stuff; the domestic dealers have always been no pressure

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I’m guessing it’s a numbers game. With a growing population, they’ve done the math and can figure on X amount of people will take it or impulse buy. Kudos for the OP and his son for walking away.
You don’t have to guess. Most car salesmen go to multiple seminars every year on tactics, reading body language, manipulation( they don’t call it that), and pressure tactics. Unskilled people really have no chance at a dealership.

And you are right on the money. 90% of dealer profit comes from impulse buys.

Also I should add the most skilled salespeople are in the finance department. That is were the money is really made. At that point people are committed.

slowrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I'd recommend opening up your search area. About a month ago I opened my search area and even looked in KC (where my family lives), and there were few Mustangs. I live in Texas but found my best deal in Alabama and did the 800 mile drive to save money. Check out Texas, they have a lot of Mustangs in Houston.

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
Probably that ECO had 87oct. The car lose about 20-30HP on 87. Also if he gets one with Performance Pack, it will feel different. I bought the PP and then drove one without it, huge difference.

He could also get the FordPerformance tune and get better HP and Torque, it cost about $500 + installation and keep the warranty. But his power train warranty will go down from 60 to 35k miles.

Sponsored

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
28 HP, that is your response? What about torque? How is that working out for the Chevy V6 exactly(more than 15% less)? And for a few hundred bucks a FP tune will launch the Ecoboost into the next level with even more HP/TRQ.

As others have noted, the Ecoboost requires 93 octane to get full power. On 87 the Ecoboost loses power and feels slow. A test drive at the dealership with 87 isn't going to impress anyone. The Performance Package will also make the car feel tighter.

I am not dogging the Camaro, it is a fine car and if it feels better by all means buy it. Just remember that the only place 28 HP matters is on paper. If you truly want a faster car(sub V8), go Turbo.

Last edited:

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
As others have said the 87 ct gas is a big difference. I also have an auto. I got the CPO Premiuem ecoboost for 22000 just to get me thru couple years of kids college and get me out of a very soon to be expensive Audi TTS. I got the eco for the same price as the Audi got me. At first I was pretty disappointed with the power and especially in D mode. I then ran a tank or 2 of 93 and drive in sport mode all the time and honestly the difference is remarkable. With that said if you try another test drive make sure to try sport mode but unfortunately you can only guess if it has 87 and trust it would give nice gains with 93. BUT it will not be a lot of fun running around near redline without a tune. Will feel flat. But from 2000 to 4500 it should be quite strong. Certainly stronger then the V6 and even the Mighty GT. Also I put on Ford Performance suspension and this Ecoboost is honestly the best handling car I've owned. Also keep in mind though, the ecoboost gets very little respect and many (mostly people that don't even have a sports car) will try and embarrass. So, its best he shops around and test drives a few different cars and get what his heart wants though.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Yea, some Dealerships tack on THEIR so called upgrades...

You wouldn’t believe it unless you saw it for yourself, but some Hyundai Dealerships in NJ tack on nearly $1500.00 for single body side PINSTRIPE and those black plastic stick-on EDGE guards around the wheel well lips that are seen on some cars.

Yea, $1500.00 for shit that literally costs in total $25.00 from WalMart, AutoZone, PepBoys, Autozone, NAPA or (name your other automotive stores here)...

So, if the MSRP was say hypothetically $25,000.00- you have an additional $1,500.00 Dealer add-on that you need to try and negotiate.

Oh and don’t forget about the so called “Paint and upholstery protectant” that is also Dealer tacked on for another $500.00..... yea, you know, the “invisible” product they “supposedly” applied, but you have to trust it was actually applied....NO BS.

Always be weary of too good to be true listed prices online - look for the catch or fine print. Many Dealers will put their list price so it looks much lower or competitive to others, but they’re already tacking on ALL available discounts to the MSRP to lower it - but in many instances, a Buyer will NOT qualify for ALL (or in some instances none)...

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Here in northern Ohio, most dealers say the extras are already put on the car but they are not actually there yet. They use it as a ploy to get you to pay for them and hurry up and apply them while your signing the paperwork. My trick is I find the vehicle I want at another dealer and make them go get it, then when it arrives I hurry up and go sign before they can get a chance to prep the car and add on their crap. They don't seem to fight as hard to get you to take the add ons when the car came from a different dealer.

Last edited:

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
Not sure if everyone here is aware, but if you are a member of the Mustang Club of America you get X-Plan pricing from Ford. Makes it very easy to shop, find your car on the X-Plan site with the EXACT price you will pay take your info to the dealer and walk out after the paperwork is done. Sure they will try and sell you add-ons, some you may want some not....but the price is set. MCA membership is $50....
Sponsored