Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
  • Banned
Hey guys, so I've been contemplating getting along tubes because I still have warranty on my vehicle and know that long tubes require a tune which could mess with that. But on the other end, what are the most common problems that could be Associated to having the long tubes that Ford could not want to cover me for?
Sponsored

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
i dont think there really are any. tuning to take advantage of the extra flow is really all that is done. otherwise its just sound.

Lb353

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
The gain is small from headers.

E85 tune it and put on a 18 manifold with injectors.
BlackandBlue, I have 2017 PP that I just swapped the IM to the 18 IM with Steeda CAI and tune. Can you elaborate more on the impact of upgrading the injectors? Also, which injectors and what brand? Thank you in advance.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra

Sponsored

Armageddon Turbo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leroy
Vehicle(s)
Twin Turbo 2014 Mustang GT

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I'd say the most common problem is the install, lol.

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
I'd say the most common problem is the install, lol.
This x 1000.

I just finished up installing Kooks longtubes on my back this past Monday. The install is the worst part! Now, the problem is that it's too loud (NASCAR loud) and I actually like it loud. Going to add a resonator on mine.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
This x 1000.

I just finished up installing Kooks longtubes on my back this past Monday. The install is the worst part! Now, the problem is that it's too loud (NASCAR loud) and I actually like it loud. Going to add a resonator on mine.
Everyone underestimates that piece. That's why starting out with something like the Borla Atak or Corsa Extreme is a bad idea if you're planning headers.

My Krona is extremely loud still, but a good loud.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Everyone underestimates that piece. That's why starting out with something like the Borla Atak or Corsa Extreme is a bad idea if you're planning headers.

My Krona is extremely loud still, but a good loud.
Ya I think the underestimation of the loudness may be one of the most common issues lol.

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
This x 1000.

Are you running those with or without cats? Seems like cats (even HF, Green, whatever) have a reasonably big impact on the sound level.

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
Are you running those with or without cats? Seems like cats (even HF, Green, whatever) have a reasonably big impact on the sound level.
I was running the Kooks catless headers into a Ford Performance by Borla Extreme catback (includes X-Pipe). Absolutely redonkulous!!! I have since swapped in the Ford Performance by Borla resonator in place of the X-Pipe and the 2K-3K rpm ungodly rasp has been taken care of as well as the E85 cold-starts have been toned way down too. The car is still Loud AF but the sound volume is totally controlled by me now. Before I had to literally putt away from a red light in order to not shatter the windows of whoever was behind me. The sound cancellation of this particular resonator is amazing below 3K rpm.

fordresonator.jpg

Luce202

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luce
Vehicle(s)
2015 fbo/paxton auto, 2015 fbo stick.
Not really any downside other than increase in sound volume like everyone is saying. Common to get false knock from the long tubes touching a/c bracket on passenger side under load. You can just take it off.

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
Kooks is a great brand that won't have any fitment issues, and I assume you would be using cats with them so as long as your dealer isn't a pain in the butt, they won't deny you warranty work just off having headers on the car. Let me know if you would like to see what kind of deal I can do for you on a set of Kooks headers, we sell a ton of them. Lethalperformance.com