Sponsored

More bad news for the other guys

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
On Lightning Lap the Camaro Turbo 1LE got the same time as the current Audi RS3. On Motortrend H2H the V6 1LE was not that far of the M2, even though M2 CTS will be more ahead. The base SS is best compared to the performance of the base M4.
But still you have $37k against $69k entry prices (1SS against M4), you can't really compare that. Nobody will ever look at both cars and say "Ok I spend twice the money to have more daily driver values". Premium car customers will not care about an american car for half the price.

You can basically buy the ZL1 1LE for the same price as the M4 and you have a car that absolutely destroys the BMWs. Or just buy the SS and a second practical SUV for the money.

Same goes for the Mustang, you don't share the same customer base with Audi RS or BMW M.
People make those comparisons all the time. I know I looked at Porsche and BMW as well as GM before choosing my Mustang.
Sponsored

OP
OP
bluebeastsrt

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
With the prices of the entry level American performance steadily climbing. The comparisons will be more common going forward. I dont think people would compare a ecoboost to an M4. But I doubt they have an issue comparing a Gt350 or loaded GT. To the M cars.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Nobody will ever look at both cars and say "Ok I spend twice the money to have more daily driver values". Premium car customers will not care about an american car for half the price.
The problems with the Camaro not being daily driver friendly are inherent in the design which cannot be cured with money other than a redesign.
Sponsored