bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I thought it was funny. When I read the article. That GM was rushing this into production. Like its gonna fix the sales issue.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I thought it was funny. When I read the article. That GM was rushing this into production. Like its gonna fix the sales issue.
The black bar is pretty bad though. The 16-18 looks much better anyways so I don’t think it matters as much as GM does.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
At least they listened to the community and will likely add it as an option. I think the 19 SS can look good with some black elements (like 1LE package), but overall the concept frontend is so much better with such simple changes. Whoever thought the Transformers 5 frontend, that was already disliked when revealed years ago, was a good idea should be replaced.
I can't imagine a focus group that though the new frontend would help get more buyers :facepalm:

But I think the biggest problem of the refresh is that is actually has no big thing that makes it an improvement over the 16-18 models. Ford added tons of new stuff with the refresh (NPP, MR, updated interior materials, updated engine, etc.). If someone wants to buy a Camaro, why should he spent thousands of dollars more for a 19 instead of a 18 on the lot for what, LED headlights and a rear view camera?
And as usual at "we don't know how marketing works"-Chevy to this date they have not released any useful stock footage for their cars, so no journalist or YouTube channel who report about the car can actually show images or footage of the car besides the bad renderings they released on reveal. :facepalm:

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Can't take shit and make apple butter it still tastes the same :asshat:

Sponsored

OP
OP
bluebeastsrt

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
The black bar is pretty bad though. The 16-18 looks much better anyways so I don’t think it matters as much as GM does.
Ive been saying the entire time. Looks arent the problem. So I have to agree with you. Its not going to sell until it gets a complete redesign.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Ive been saying the entire time. Looks arent the problem. So I have to agree with you. Its not going to sell until it gets a complete redesign.
This video backs up pretty much what most of us and you have been saying. The car is amazing on the performance side but not the day to day driving side...thus it will never sell well versus a similar performance car that is much better day to day.

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
This video backs up pretty much what most of us and you have been saying. The car is amazing on the performance side but not the day to day driving side...thus it will never sell well versus a similar performance car that is much better day to day.

Here we go again camaro being a competitor of the bmw :crackup: Most people who are shopping a bmw aren't even going to give the supercar pill box a look.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Here we go again camaro being a competitor of the bmw :crackup: Most people who are shopping a bmw aren't even going to give the supercar pill box a look.
Why not? People are comparing Mustangs to BMWs, and they all perform pretty similar and have similar amenities. I know quite a few people personally cross-shopping a used M3 with a new PP2 or 1LE

OP
OP
bluebeastsrt

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)

Good video. And fair assessment. Ive never driven an Audi. But I have driven the M2 & M3. So I get bmws. I don't have a problem with car rags comparing a Camaro or Mustang to higher end makes. The numbers are there. It just tells you how good the Americans are right now.

JimsFury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT (Grabber Lime), 1996 Ford Ranger
Good video. And fair assessment. Ive never driven an Audi. But I have driven the M2 & M3. So I get bmws. I don't have a problem with car rags comparing a Camaro or Mustang to higher end makes. The numbers are there. It just tells you how good the Americans are right now.

I like the new Camaro, maybe thats just me. If I cant have a Mustang then im going to drive the Camaro hands down. I also know that member "blaqwhole" from other forums and he is a loudmouth and no it all but pretty much he is full of shit.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
On Lightning Lap the Camaro Turbo 1LE got the same time as the current Audi RS3. On Motortrend H2H the V6 1LE was not that far of the M2, even though M2 CTS will be more ahead. The base SS is best compared to the performance of the base M4.
But still you have $37k against $69k entry prices (1SS against M4), you can't really compare that. Nobody will ever look at both cars and say "Ok I spend twice the money to have more daily driver values". Premium car customers will not care about an american car for half the price.

You can basically buy the ZL1 1LE for the same price as the M4 and you have a car that absolutely destroys the BMWs. Or just buy the SS and a second practical SUV for the money.

Same goes for the Mustang, you don't share the same customer base with Audi RS or BMW M.
Sponsored