Mods vs. LE value

PONY1370

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50th Anniversary White 6spd
My first car was a '65 coupe. It held it's value based on condition, factory options and being original. That's held true on Mustangs up to today.

If you are looking for an investment, do you consider what you get out of it when you drive it and show it? It's your car and if you want to mod it out, go for it. I advise keeping to the highest quality parts and craftsmanship on mods you can afford.

And oh yeah, post lots of pictures!
Sponsored

RoninRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Prem. (PP) Magnetic
You mentioned not liking the chrome? How about the tail lights? I have a 16 model GT with stock lights id love to trade for some nice blingy chrome 50 years ones!

GreenHornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Limited Edition Wimbledon White
Sounds like you bought the wrong car. I'd leave it alone. Keep it original. You have a real special car!

xMAUIxxWOWIEx

"Always go full racecar"
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oz
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Won't matter if you had a LE when you are dead, you still won't be able to drive it.
So like I always say. Go. Full. Racecar.

OP
OP
rusrec00

rusrec00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th LE Kona Manual #1155
No Hornet, I bought the right car. It was between several choices, including the 16 models. In fact I was intent on buying a red 16 when I saw it and changed my mind. The mods have already begun, MTF.

Maui, I like the way you think sir!

Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
You can do a procharger or vortech setup that is completely reversible back to stock. If resale is your concern keep in mind you'll be lucky to get 50% of your money back on your parts alone, and less for the car depending how long you keep it. But you definitely will lose money on both if you try to sell a modified car, so keep all your stock parts and store them away.

y2ksilverbullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 GT 5M, 2001 DHG Bullitt, 2015 GT 50 YR LE A6
I put a cat-back on mine and will probably throw in a K&N drop in air filter. Maybe, after warranty expires, I will do a tune and call it a day. To each his own though. Just do whatever you feel comfortable with and don't mind undoing, should you want to bring it back to stock down the road. That's why I'm keeping my mods minimal. Otherwise, enjoy! :D

GreenHornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Limited Edition Wimbledon White
No Hornet, I bought the right car. It was between several choices, including the 16 models. In fact I was intent on buying a red 16 when I saw it and changed my mind. The mods have already begun, MTF.

Maui, I like the way you think sir!
I didn't mean it literally. just the fact that it brought the question to mind. Its a great car either way. I prefer mine factory.

I know I'm in the minority when it comes to modifications.

MKW

2015 LE 50TH Kona Blue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 LE 50TH Mustang Kona Blue #320 6 speed
I didn't mean it literally. just the fact that it brought the question to mind. Its a great car either way. I prefer mine factory.

I know I'm in the minority when it comes to modifications.
I'm with you. I prefer mine factory/original. :ford:

Sagacity

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang LE, Kona Blue #146, Manual
Mod vs Value

I say Mod away.
I bought mine because it was special and different but ultimately I still want to customize it and make it my own. What is more special then a limited edition that has been customized. It may be the only one on the planet that is Kona Blue with a manual transmission, Racing stripes with Roush louvers and a full BMR suspension for a lowered aggressive look.

attachment.jpg

Make it your own.

Sponsored

RalphHood3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
50th LE #1087 WW Auto
I say Mod away.
I bought mine because it was special and different but ultimately I still want to customize it and make it my own. What is more special then a limited edition that has been customized. It may be the only one on the planet that is Kona Blue with a manual transmission, Racing stripes with Roush louvers and a full BMR suspension for a lowered aggressive look.

attachment.jpg

Make it your own.
Sagacity, what stripes are those? Do you mind telling me the brand and where you got them? I'm wanting to do the reverse (blue stripes on my Wimbledon white LE), and the width and pinstripes on yours are perfect. There's lots of options out there in various widths, so I'd love to get the specifics on yours and see if I can get the same thing, but in metallic blue.

Thanks
Ralph

Sagacity

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang LE, Kona Blue #146, Manual
Stripes

I had the stripes painted on and clear coated by a body shop.

Funny story, I had been thinking about doing stripes for my car while I was on deployment and my car was sitting in the garage for 5 months waiting for me to come home. The dealer drove it to my house and parked it in my garage for me and my wife. When I got home I noticed the rear license plate seemed out of place. I looked down and realized that the dealership had not used the factory mounting holes and instead screwed the plate into the bumper under the factory holes. Long story short the dealer agreed to pay me $1,000 vice having them get a new bumper and I used that money towards having stripes put on and to have the holes fixed.

I can't remember the exact measurements at the moment but I could measure them. they are around 9 inches wide I think and an inch and a half gap down the center with 1/4 inch pinstripe. I'll double check tomorrow