Sponsored

Mods needed for a Bullit?

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
I have had hot rods...sports cars...pu s . Always loved cars....guns...woman. kind of an adiction!
Been thinking of modding the Bullitt a bit. Lowering springs....i dont like the choises. Want l lowered springs with similar rates to stock....not progressive. Cant find them.
Wheel spacers to move the oem wheels out an in. Maybe?
Exhaust? Drove the river rd on sports plus helmut. Think i scared people when i passed them.
I have a buddy who has an 18 with active exhaust removed the resonator. Very loud...want to drive on sports...or plus. Think it may be too loud ....
All said...very impressed with the Bullitt. Ford did a great job on this car. Mods needed? Any thoughts would be helpfull.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Shibaman

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
I have had hot rods...sports cars...pu s . Always loved cars....guns...woman. kind of an adiction!
Been thinking of modding the Bullitt a bit. Lowering springs....i dont like the choises. Want l lowered springs with similar rates to stock....not progressive. Cant find them.
Exhaust? Drove the river rd on sports plus helmut. Think i scared people when i passed them.
I have a buddy who has an 18 with active exhaust removed the resonator. Very loud...want to drive on sports...or plus. Think it may be too loud ....
All said...very impressed with the Bullitt. Ford did a great job on this car. Mods needed? Any thoughts would be helpfull.
Did i say that the magneride is the real deal? Owned 3 miatas....damn fast on the corners..all said...love the Bullitt. Impressed!

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
You can check out our build at www.steedavehicles.com for a list of parts that make-up the McQueen Edition:

http://www.steedavehicles.com/#/stevemcqueeneditionbullittmustang

McQueen Racing Performance Suspension Upgrades by Steeda:
  • Front And Rear Sway Bars With “Welded-In-Place” Solid Billet Ends

• Billet Aluminum Front and Rear Sway Bar Mounts

• IRS Subframe Bushing Support System

• IRS Subframe Alignment Kit

• IRS Subframe Support Brace

• Dual Rate Ultimate Handling Springs

• Bump Steer Kit

• Performance Tuned Struts & Shocks (NA with MagneRide Suspension)

• Performance Wheel Alignment

• Camber Plates

• Ultra-Lite Chassis Jacking Rails

• Extreme G-Trac K-Member Support Brace

• Billet Aluminum Vertical Links

OP
OP
Shibaman

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
You can check out our build at www.steedavehicles.com for a list of parts that make-up the McQueen Edition:

http://www.steedavehicles.com/#/stevemcqueeneditionbullittmustang

McQueen Racing Performance Suspension Upgrades by Steeda:
  • Front And Rear Sway Bars With “Welded-In-Place” Solid Billet Ends

• Billet Aluminum Front and Rear Sway Bar Mounts

• IRS Subframe Bushing Support System

• IRS Subframe Alignment Kit

• IRS Subframe Support Brace

• Dual Rate Ultimate Handling Springs

• Bump Steer Kit

• Performance Tuned Struts & Shocks (NA with MagneRide Suspension)

• Performance Wheel Alignment

• Camber Plates

• Ultra-Lite Chassis Jacking Rails

• Extreme G-Trac K-Member Support Brace

• Billet Aluminum Vertical Links
I would like to see a 1" drop on linear springs...maybe just a little stiffer than oem. Not much....unless you are going to track the car....sport + and track are plenty stiff . Beyond most drivers abilities.

1966 2+2 289

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
supercharged V8 Jaguar
I am not a fan of the black wheels, has anybody had the wheels polished out for a bright finish? The other thing I would like to see in photos is over the top stripes. Has anyone added stripes to a Bullitt. I am not ready to do it myself but I would like to see photos if one of you guys has the inspiration.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG

1966 2+2 289

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
supercharged V8 Jaguar
Welcome aboard the BULLITT Train!! Some here say yes....some say no!! I say Hell yes!! Check my “Changes”.... https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/voo-doo’s-2019-dhg-bullitt-um-changes.119326/
I love the Roush Spoiler!! Flows with the Mustang trunk!!
777CB79D-A476-4F6C-8C78-0BB8697E64B5.jpeg
Hi VooDoo Wow the polished wheels look better than I thought they would. But the spoiler! That never crossed my mind. I think I will copy your ideas. Thanks Larry aka 1966 2+2 289
PS from your name it looks like you have a GT350 as well. I had a 2018 but a senior citizen lost control of his car and sent it off to never land. I miss my 350 but I love my Bullitt.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Shibaman

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
Did i say that the magneride is the real deal? Owned 3 miatas....damn fast on the corners..all said...love the Bullitt. Impressed!
I have about 900 mi on the car...my thoughts are that the bullitt with the magnaride is beyond my skill set. I would like to drop it a bit for looks ....but not at the expence of compliance. Linear springs slightly stiffer than stock would be perfect for me. I drive on bad roads...need to stick..not bounce.
That said...i bought a h pipe to put on the car. Think it will be a match for the car.
This car needs to be fast and loud!

OP
OP
Shibaman

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
I have about 900 mi on the car...my thoughts are that the bullitt with the magnaride is beyond my skill set. I would like to drop it a bit for looks ....but not at the expence of compliance. Linear springs slightly stiffer than stock would be perfect for me. I drive on bad roads...need to stick..not bounce.
That said...i bought a h pipe to put on the car. Think it will be a match for the car.
This car needs to be fast and loud!
Didnt say what i think of the motor. At first i wondered why ford didnt put short gears in the bullitt like my 15 pp stang. I get it....the long gears are perfect for a motor that pulls to 7500 rpm. It is damn fast from about 4000 plus. My favorate local road is 2nd...3rd gear driving fast

OP
OP
Shibaman

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
Did my first mod today. Had a shop install a mrt h pipe. Sounds great in normal and sport. Track may get me busted
Nice deep sound. Perfect!