Sponsored

If you're looking for a new 2019 Bullit

murphyrg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'60 Corvette, '63 E Type
Yep, that's called the 'Hold Back', or HB. And it's typically 3% on domestic cars, and 2 to 2.5% on foreign ones. I have the exact figures on a $51,880.00 Bullitt: HB=$1,524, and invoice=$49,334.48.

I'm working on a deal on a late build one (always inside showroom) for $44K, and the highest figure I wanted for my immaculate truck (nobody else gave me that), so the new car number is real. Still have to see the final deal on paper, but told the salesman if I see anything other than TTL, and a doc fee of $150 max, I walk. We'll see. It's a shame some of the more aggressive dealers are not anywhere close to my house. The best one was an OH car with only 8 miles (from their service department), in absolutely perfect shape, and the latest possible build (Sept '19), for an honest $41K even out the door. The one I'm negotiating now is an Aug '19 build, so the second newest I've seen (and I've researched A TON. Ha ha). I'd had spent almost the difference in getting it shipped... but if it was local, then I'd have made an even exchange. Oh well. Can't win all the time, but it's still a good deal for what I wanted. Just don't like the miles, but at least the interior looks almost perfect. We'll see what happens.
Sounds like we're of one mind about the Recaros and trying to find the latest build. The best I've been able to find within 300 miles (Central California) has been late July builds. What amazes me is how long some of these cars have been on dealer lots - I've seen some with 11/18 builds and I'm really not comfortable with cars that have been sitting outside that long. I'm trying to decide if I'm uncomfortable enough to pay the extra $5K to get a 2020 - probably not.

Ford must have extended the flooring terms on these cars past the usual 1 year or the dealers would being much more willing to let these go even at a loss rather than buying them outright. I still don't understand why the prices are so much better on the East Coast.
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I just closed the deal verbally on mine for $43K ($51,880 MSRP). There were some lower, but they were actually losing money on them. At least this one is less than 2 hours away, so no shipping or flying involved (just driving 100 miles). Has more miles than I'd have liked, but it's hard to find them with less. At least it was never left outside, which I wanted. Still have to drive it and find everything fine, but don't anticipate any issues.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Polski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marek
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2 401A
Vehicle Showcase
I just landed a 2019 for $45,725. MSRP 53,475.

I used the 0% financing for 84 months, didnā€™t get the other ford rebates or else it would have been Around 42k. I tried to reach out to koons multiple times over the last 3 weeks and no one ever called me back. If you can score that car for 42k, thatā€™s insane
Yes, with 84 months and 0% down you wont get it for 42K.
If I was looking now, I would most def just go and buy it, such a nice car - or maybe Recaro's would stop me from buying it :)
I got my car a week before Ford rolled with the 0%, they mentioned it at the dealership but my PP2 would be much more, and since I did trade my 2015 GT for 23K (bone stock, 18K miles and was rear-ended once, so no clean carfax on it) I only had to pay I believe $1200 in taxes (not 100% sure but wasn't much) + 8K cash down payment, so I got it out the door for about $43500 (and I think it was an amazing deal) 401A, B/O Audio - which isn't the greatest etc. The only thing missing is the active exhaust which I can live without... Roush cat-back is ordered and should get it at some point :D

murphyrg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'60 Corvette, '63 E Type
I just closed the deal verbally on mine for $43K ($51,880 MSRP). There were some lower, but they were actually losing money on them. At least this one is less than 2 hours away, so no shipping or flying involved (just driving 100 miles). Has more miles than I'd have liked, but it's hard to find them with less. At least it was never left outside, which I wanted. Still have to drive it and find everything fine, but don't anticipate any issues.
Congratulations; I hope the deal goes smoothly for you. I've had one car shipped across country before and it worked out, but being able to see it before you do the deal is a real plus.

The best I've been able to do so far is $44K plus fees, but the cars I've been tracking are actually selling faster than I would have expected, so I may have to settle for that.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I also think anything below $44K is hard to find. I actually wasn't thinking of buying mine because it looked damaged, and the salesman never sent me photos after detailing it... until today. But that was their rock bottom. They actually lost money, but just a hair. Net cost of a $51,880 car in May is $43,560.48, including hold back, and all other incentives. Incentives might increase or decrease in June; you never know. But at least in May, anything close to that figure is a great deal IMO. Deals are minimal on 2020s, and I didn't want to pay 7 grand more for the same thing.

Sponsored

Tacswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt - Shadow Black
Welp, I was able to find a black Bullitt locally for 47K. Thats with 700 added on because the dealer striped it, which I think is what sold me on the black. I took the 0% financing. Price was 43,300 IF you took the rebates.

murphyrg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'60 Corvette, '63 E Type
I also think anything below $44K is hard to find. I actually wasn't thinking of buying mine because it looked damaged, and the salesman never sent me photos after detailing it... until today. But that was their rock bottom. They actually lost money, but just a hair. Net cost of a $51,880 car in May is $43,560.48, including hold back, and all other incentives. Incentives might increase or decrease in June; you never know. But at least in May, anything close to that figure is a great deal IMO. Deals are minimal on 2020s, and I didn't want to pay 7 grand more for the same thing.
I'm coming to the same conclusion on the 2020's. With the $1K gas guzzler tax and the minimal incentives, they are about $5-6K more than the equivalent 2019. Which is a lot to pay for an almost identical car that in most cases has only been sitting on a dealer's lot for 4 or 5 fewer months. And with this month's incentives for the 2019's, the cars seem to be finally selling, so I'm inclined to try and strike a deal soon.
As far as the dealers losing money on these cars, it's hard to know. I would often have the sales guys in my motorcycle shop sell a bike or two at a big loss at the end of a month or quarter to make a sales quota that got me a bigger holdback on everything I sold during that period. I even had a couple of regular customers who owned car dealerships and knew how the game worked who would be ready to buy bikes at a deep discount on a moments notice. I would make my sales number, and they would be able to resell the bikes 6 to 12 months later for what they paid. Unfortunately, there are usually enough extra layers of staff at car dealerships that the guy doing the selling often has no idea if the dealership owner needs to sell a few extra units to make his sales goal.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I'm sure of the numbers because got them from a friend who works at a different dealership, and he gave me copies. But I clearly said 'for May', since incentives change every month. In there it's included a $300 rebate dealers don't disclose, for instance, called 'Built for Growth Dealer Cash Flat Pay'. And the $1,524 holdback. I got mine yesterday; it wasn't going to get any better than that, at least anywhere close. So happy with the deal. The best price for a 2020 around here was over 7 grand more, so no dice.

triso07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evo X
So do we think 0% 84months on 48k is going to be the best offer available, or does June hit and Ford/Dealerships do better on this car?

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Hey guys, whatever you do, thereā€™s a TSB for defective cam chain tensioners on all V8s built before April xx, 2019, and itā€™s a massive job, so Iā€™d avoid any 2019 leftover built before that date... unless you donā€™t mind potentially having your new baby have the equivalent of heart surgery. Ha ha.

As far as the 0% deal, itā€™s either that, or $1,500 rebate, so Iā€™d shoot for $46K with the 0% deal. But if car has been indoors, has very low miles, AND itā€™s semi local (a day drive both ways), Iā€™d definitely consider that $48K deal... provided no additional ā€˜junkā€™ fees. Good luck.

Sponsored

Usmc341

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullit
Thanks for the heads up, brother, but unfortunately, a deal-breaker for me, due to Recaros. Having said that, it's a heck of a deal, since it has ALL options (Recaros, MR, and car cover), and it's the proper green color :). Sticker is $53,475, and build date is 04/24/19, so a mid build.

Did you inspect it? If you could add condition inside (scuffs, scratches, etc), and mileage, it'd be great. I added what I could find on my end :D. Hope somebody snatches it.
Don't fear the Recaros. I had some doubt also but they are wonderful. Unless you prefer to have the power seats with heating and cooling (or you're a big wide guy), they're far superior in bolstering and quality. On my 400 mile trip I felt like I was on my living room couch. Just my .02.

Tacswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt - Shadow Black
Hey guys, whatever you do, thereā€™s a TSB for defective cam chain tensioners on all V8s built before April xx, 2019, and itā€™s a massive job, so Iā€™d avoid any 2019 leftover built before that date... unless you donā€™t mind potentially having your new baby have the equivalent of heart surgery. Ha ha.

As far as the 0% deal, itā€™s either that, or $1,500 rebate, so Iā€™d shoot for $46K with the 0% deal. But if car has been indoors, has very low miles, AND itā€™s semi local (a day drive both ways), Iā€™d definitely consider that $48K deal... provided no additional ā€˜junkā€™ fees. Good luck.
Hmmm my door sticker says mine was built 4/19. how do I figure out the exact date ?

SD-Harley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K6752
If it helps, here is the pricing I was able to get in Riverside County, CA (West Coast):
2019 DHG w/Electronics pkg, Magne-ride options
MSRP $51,880
Negotiated car price $48,185
After incentives $43,935
They also gave me the highest amount for my trade-in; all the other dealers I contacted wouldn't or couldn't match this.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Hey, that's an excellent deal. Pretty close to mine, and few others. And yes, I got an excellent trade as well; otherwise, I wouldn't have done it. It was basically my last chance to get this car. Glad it worked out at the end. Not exactly what I wanted to pay, since I found one at $41,100 and with only 8 miles, but it was 2K miles away, and no way to trade my truck, so it'd had been more expensive anyway. I just wanted the semi-local guy to match that price, but didn't work. Ha ha.
Sponsored