Sponsored

Modified Exhaust Ticket?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Hey, I just got a fix it ticket for all three also!! What did you end up doing?? need some advice
Sponsored

control4userguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
As previously mentioned, if you received your fix-its within an area you travel frequently, chance you run into the same officer is greater. If you do nothing, and run into that same officer, you will receive non-correctibles for all and wind-up in court.

Your choice.

s550_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I had the same thing recently. fix it ticket for front license plate bracket, modified exhaust, and tint. all were correctable. I ended up borrowing my buddies stock exhaust swapped it out. peeled all my tint off and got a low profile front license plate bracket. the next day i drove over to CHP office to get signed off. MF'er didnt even walk outside to check hahah. I literally walked out with ticket signed off laughing my ass off because they didnt even bother to check. Paid my $25 per fine at the court house and thats it. put all my shit on same day.

OP
OP
Scurd Racing

Scurd Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So, I asked my ticket lawyer about my ticket and he basically told me the exhaust part should be correctable. I got it signed off and paid my administration fee. So, for the exhaust, unless he pass you a slip that requires you to go state ref, its basically a fix it ticket. I was asked to pop my hood and he noticed that my engine is stock, thus, not requiring state ref. If you have a CAI, I'm pretty sure the cop will have your state reffed.

RARR_LS2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I got state reff'd for modified exhaust, no cats, illegal modifications, and tints. went to court and judge asked me, "how do you plee to these charges?" I just said guilty. Then he asked if I corrected them and I said no, I do not have the money or time to change it all. and that I was "moving" in next few months. He just made me pay half my charges which ended up being around $450.

mustang_puppy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
2015 black Ecoboost fastback
Interesting that a few of us California owners have our cars without front license plates when it's required for us to have both. Mine didn't have a front license plate when I bought it, nor was there any repair to the car as the Carfax report didn't have any accidents listed, nor are there any holes in front for a bracket. I was initially concerned about a possible fix it ticket for the missing front plate but I've seen other Mustangs without front license plates, so... :shrug: This gives me pause as I want to also install a modified exhaust which reportedly isn't louder than stock.
Sponsored