The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
The aforementioned 1:24 Cougar, built to duplicate my car at the time, right down to the Kelsey Hayes wheels and redlines. My woodworker buddy made the wall mount base.

cougar.jpg

Former department store glass case containing more kits that I built.

case.jpg

Buddy-built cabinet containing diecasts.

c1.jpg

Pretty red Italians.

c2.jpg

Cougars and miscellaneous.

c3.jpg

More Mustangs.

c4.jpg

Yeah, it's gotten a little out of hand, and it's spilled into the adjoining room that contains my bar. Sad part is I don't go down there all that much other than during the winter.
Very nice. No such thing as getting out of hand for something you love. Maybe a slot car setup will get you down there more. :)

OP
OP
Sivi70980

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Very nice. No such thing as getting out of hand for something you love. Maybe a slot car setup will get you down there more. :)
I used to love slot cars! Evolved to R/C and then naturally the real thing lol

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I had a nice HO setup once in a past residence many years ago, but I limited it to 4x8'. It's probably a good thing that I don't have room for one currently.

OP
OP
Sivi70980

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I had a nice HO setup once in a past residence many years ago, but I limited it to 4x8'. It's probably a good thing that I don't have room for one currently.
I remember holding the slot cars back so they would do burnouts. Dad never liked that I did that haha!

Sponsored

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Still have all my Aurora HO cars and track from when I was a kid. Haven't looked at in in years...
I'd alternate layouts in my room on a 4 x 8 plywood sheet between cars and HO trains. Wasn't big enough board to run both.
Nowadays I just put out the O gauge Lionel trains for Christmas 😀
I used to have lots of hot wheels. Unfortunately when I got married, I gave all my toys (games, GI Joes etc) to the nephews...who destroyed them. Should have saw that coming. :facepalm:

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
There was a slot car track center around the corner from my house growing up. Must have been at least 5 large setups...had to be 6 lanes each. don't remember the gauge but place was always packed. That was in late 60s. Wonder if they still have those up somewhere

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I spotted the grabber blue Torino. Very cool... I had a 1:1 model :) ....1970 429SCJ, ram air, top loader 4 spd, 3" hooker headers....

Me and Torino 1981.jpg

scan0006.JPG

scan0007.JPG

scan0005.JPG

scan0001.JPG

scan0003.JPG
I've cleaned up a bit since 81 :cwl:

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
never got into RC but has gas powered Cox .049 cars and planes. Got a Stuka JU87D dive bomber one Christmas....on its maiden flight I took it straight up and straight back down to earth! :cwl:
Had to wait weeks for new parts. Learned to fly it after that :crackup: Also had VW bug...never crashed that one as bad since it was already on the ground.

OP
OP
Sivi70980

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Still have all my Aurora HO cars and track from when I was a kid. Haven't looked at in in years...
I'd alternate layouts in my room on a 4 x 8 plywood sheet between cars and HO trains. Wasn't big enough board to run both.
Nowadays I just put out the O gauge Lionel trains for Christmas 😀
I used to have lots of hot wheels. Unfortunately when I got married, I gave all my toys (games, GI Joes etc) to the nephews...who destroyed them. Should have saw that coming. :facepalm:
I grew up with my mom running a day car out of the house. non of my toys were sacred. There were only a handful I could hide away at any time. Nothing lasted with all the day care kids ruining it all. She stopped doing the day care thing when I was like 15 or so. And that's when I started building models. They all got ruined when I moved into my friends house. Came home after work to see my waterbed punctured and leaking and the shelf with my models fallen off the wall and models soaking in waterbed water. Roommate went into my room for something and didn't shut the door before going to work themselves and their dog had a hay day ruining all my stuff.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I still have all my old Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars. Unfortunately, many of them are a little worse for wear. But they're still around, and I have a few of the nicer ones in my "museum", as the room is known at home.

OP
OP
Sivi70980

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
never got into RC but has gas powered Cox .049 cars and planes. Got a Stuka JU87D dive bomber one Christmas....on its maiden flight I took it straight up and straight back down to earth! :cwl:
Had to wait weeks for new parts. Learned to fly it after that :crackup: Also had VW bug...never crashed that one as bad since it was already on the ground.
I never got into R/C planes but tried helicopters. My budget and I both prefer me to keep things on the ground haha!

OP
OP
Sivi70980

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I still have all my old Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars. Unfortunately, many of them are a little worse for wear. But they're still around, and I have a few of the nicer ones in my "museum", as the room is known at home.
I wish I had some of my old hot wheels and stuff but no clue where it went to. Had a TON of He-Man figures that would be worth some money right now but they all went poof. Guessing my parents tossed it all when they moved after my brother and I were both out of the house.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I never got into R/C planes but tried helicopters. My budget and I both prefer me to keep things on the ground haha!
A friend of mine had a really nice RC plane that he had built, fairly large. It was beautiful. We had it out to fly for the first time one summer day, and as he was taking off on the nice, long stretch of county road near my home a huge gust of crosswind slammed it into the ditch and destroyed it in catastrophic fashion.

That was it for planes for him. He built a big replica of an iron ore ship with the servos and a bunch of other parts from the plane. We launched model rockets off it at my folks' lake place one summer while swilling beer. Good times.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
forgot about matchbox! 😣 had lots of those too. I can still picture that orange hot wheels track. Had quite a few steel Tonka trucks too. They were pristine! Man, I could be sitting on a gold mine right now :cwl: If we could only go back!
Sponsored