OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
Hey everyone!

We are now ready to launch our presale. During this period, you can get our intake at a great discount before the final production kits officially hits the warehouse and the market.
Please check out the details below and please let us know if you have any questions!

PreSale Link

Expected Release: Mid-Late October

Pricing Details:
Full Induction Hose Kit
MSRP: $225.95
PreSale: $124.95

Includes:
(1) Silicone intake tube
(3) CNC ports
(2) Hose clamps
Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty

2rysxso.jpg

af91fo.jpg

213hslz.jpg

PreSale Link

Again, please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns!

14dijvd.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
18 Audi A3, 21 F150
Dang! Really wanna get on this!

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
I've been wondering...should I get this or wait for the full intake?

Anyone else with the same dilemma?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Any qualitative information you can share about how this tube performs vs stock (sound, response, etc.)?

Liber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT - 1971 XY GT
Get this pipe now, and I'm sure it will match in with the full box once released.

Will the new airbox have some sort of heat reflective coating applied to help keep temps down?

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Been really interested in product, at least according to their marketing info, this plus the factory box (with maybe a drop in filter) results in as good of results as a full CAI, but I'd assume less heat soak with the closed OEM intake components.

I guess it will be up to some independent testing.

Here's some additional info from their site:

Direct fit for 2015+ Ford Mustang GT
Installs in under 30 minutes
Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
Estimated Ship Date: End of October
Note: Additional coupons and discounts do not apply to items in pre-sale
Installs with no tuning necessary
Up to 15HP / 15TQ gains over the stock rubber induction hose
Fits with the stock air intake system
Innovative design increases internal volume by 5.3%
Deletes the stock sound symposer port
5-Ply Silicone construction for added durability and long service life
Silicone hose reinforced with steel rings to prevent collapse
CNC emissions ports provide a quick and easy installation
On the bold item, I'm assuming the photo of the product from an earlier pre-production version and not the one we'd receive? i.e., it appears to still have the sound tube connection (the big 4th connector without a metal tip).

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
Get this pipe now, and I'm sure it will match in with the full box once released.

Will the new airbox have some sort of heat reflective coating applied to help keep temps down?
For the full intake kit we are planning to have the airbox powder coated black to help combat that heat. Those temps are something we are closely looking at and it's a priority they stay low!

Been really interested in product, at least according to their marketing info, this plus the factory box (with maybe a drop in filter) results in as good of results as a full CAI, but I'd assume less heat soak with the closed OEM intake components.

I guess it will be up to some independent testing.

Here's some additional info from their site:

On the bold item, I'm assuming the photo of the product from an earlier pre-production version and not the one we'd receive? i.e., it appears to still have the sound tube connection (the big 4th connector without a metal tip).
Hey you're right, great catch! Images of the newer hose are up!

Screwdgie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT 6M
Very tempting... It should pair nice with an upgraded filter and velossatech scoop. I see the sound tube is deleted, does it come with a block off plug for it?

Also, you say no tuning is required. With the much larger diameter bend, how is a tune not required? Is it really only the section where the MAF is mounted that would throw off the scaling if the diameter is increased?

Sponsored

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
Very tempting... It should pair nice with an upgraded filter and velossatech scoop. I see the sound tube is deleted, does it come with a block off plug for it?

Also, you say no tuning is required. With the much larger diameter bend, how is a tune not required? Is it really only the section where the MAF is mounted that would throw off the scaling if the diameter is increased?
In theory, yes...the only thing that matter is the cross section area where you mount the MAF. Unless there's any sharp transitions or dramatic changes on cross section near the MAF, there shouldn't be a need for a tune.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
Any qualitative information you can share about how this tube performs vs stock (sound, response, etc.)?
You will certainly feel a peppier response from the engine. The gains are the most pronounced later on in the power band, but there is a noticeable improvement in both sound and power. If you haven't seen it already, take a look at our dyno video with our prototype installed!

There won't be any extra block off plates for the hose. You will be required to take sound tube off, but there won't be any plates for the cabin side of the tube. Also, since there aren't any changes to the MAF housing, there won't be a tune required. What has changed is how the airflow is delivered to the engine. Hope this helps guys!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
You will certainly feel a peppier response from the engine. The gains are the most pronounced later on in the power band, but there is a noticeable improvement in both sound and power. If you haven't seen it already, take a look at our dyno video with our prototype installed!

There won't be any extra block off plates for the hose. You will be required to take sound tube off, but there won't be any plates for the cabin side of the tube. Also, since there aren't any changes to the MAF housing, there won't be a tune required. What has changed is how the airflow is delivered to the engine. Hope this helps guys!
Thanks. Did you happen to notice any changes to the exhaust note as a result? It's hard to tell that kind of thing on a dyno, but will show up driving around in the real world. I've noticed increased resonance with just a drop-in filter, so while I want intake stuff, I need to stay conscious of that.

Brostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT-350 Oxford & LB
For the full intake kit we are planning to have the airbox powder coated black to help combat that heat. Those temps are something we are closely looking at and it's a priority they stay low!

Hey you're right, great catch! Images of the newer hose are up!
So to clarify your answer to Liber, will the induction hose mate with the new airbox? It doesn't appear to based on intake prototype images.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.