mirror vibration on the highway, drivers side and rear view

madsedan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT, PP/Prem
I doa good bit of 70+ mph highway driving for work and the vibrating drivers said and rear view mirror are driving me nuts. So bad over 60 that anything more than about 4-5 cars behind me and I can't tell if its a cop car or a limo.

BUT, the passenger side is perfect, just like the last 10+ cars I've owned, so I know its not just the way it is.

Anyone have any tips? I am going to the dealer about the rear trunk alignment and the vibrating mirror but I'm guessing they will have "no idea, never heard of that issue" and will offer me nothing in the way of a fix.
Sponsored

mculver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang Mach 1, 1969 Boss 302, 2016 GT
I have a 2016 with the same problem in the rear view mirror. I thought it was in my head since I could feel something but could not decipher if it was engine rumble unit I noticed my rear view mirror blurry from the vibration. Not sure what to do. I just PMd Ford Service for advice

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
My rear view and passenger don't do it, but my driver side did before I adjusted it to my seating position. It's good unless I angle it out. So it's good where it is now.

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
I doa good bit of 70+ mph highway driving for work and the vibrating drivers said and rear view mirror are driving me nuts. So bad over 60 that anything more than about 4-5 cars behind me and I can't tell if its a cop car or a limo.

BUT, the passenger side is perfect, just like the last 10+ cars I've owned, so I know its not just the way it is.

Anyone have any tips? I am going to the dealer about the rear trunk alignment and the vibrating mirror but I'm guessing they will have "no idea, never heard of that issue" and will offer me nothing in the way of a fix.
Yup, me too.

Turbo Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost PP
The place to start is to take your car to the dealer and tell them you have a vibration at highway speeds. They will check the balance on your tires and probably offer a road-force balance.
Sponsored