quadfin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Hi Y'all,

I have seen on here that some folks are running 275/40 19 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 (front) with 285/40 19 Michelin PS A/S 3 (rear) on the OEM rims. I'm having trouble find the rear sizing in stock these days. Any folks running the following setup?

275/35 19 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 (front)
285/35 19 Michelin PS A/S 3 (rear)

I know the sizing above is rated for wheel sizing up to 11.5". If anyone can also explain why choose tire wall height at 35 vs 40, that would be amazing!

Thanks fam.

-I'm doing my research for switching to an all season set when summer is over...I frequent St Louis to Nashville so winters aren't too snowy, but still colder.
Sponsored

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I'm running the 275/40x19 Michelin A/S 3 front and 285/40x19 A/S 3 rear setup during late fall and winter. The thing with the 285/40 rears is that they were available in the A/S 3 tires, but when Michelin went to A/S3+, they dropped the size. It's available now in the new AS 4 and in A/S Plus N Spec.

I prefer the 40 series tires because they lift the car up a bit, which is a good thing if you ever encounter snow. Other than that, the 35 series tires are fine - a little smaller diameter than the OEM GT350 tires and a little bigger than the OEM GT350R tires. Looks like Tire Rack is clearing the A/S 3+ tires out so it's a good time to buy them.

OP
OP

quadfin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Thanks for the insights! I think I saw your picture of the tires+vehicle on a different thread. My mechanic is worried about stretching out the A/S tires on the OEM wheel sizing. Personally I love the OEM wheels and don't want to switch rim sets. I would love to just run summer vs winter rubber sets.

Do you feel like there's any worrisome stretch or it is relatively alright (for your setup on OEM)?

I see you're based out of Vancouver. What has your experience been driving in rain / light snow in the fall/winter months?

Thanks man!

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Thanks for the insights! I think I saw your picture of the tires+vehicle on a different thread. My mechanic is worried about stretching out the A/S tires on the OEM wheel sizing. Personally I love the OEM wheels and don't want to switch rim sets. I would love to just run summer vs winter rubber sets.

Do you feel like there's any worrisome stretch or it is relatively alright (for your setup on OEM)?

I see you're based out of Vancouver. What has your experience been driving in rain / light snow in the fall/winter months?

Thanks man!
On the size thing, you can use the rim width range that's on the Tire Rack website with confidence - they're the rim widths that Michelin has approved - you can go to the Michelinman site and download the spec sheet if you want to confirm it. As for how they look, the one word description is "fine". I've got them on OEM 10.5" and 11" rims and they look pretty normal - not stretched.

They're fantastic in the rain including standing water on the highway. I've not had them out in any snow - there's an Explorer for that.
Sponsored