Sponsored

MGW/trans out ?

bmarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Shelby GT350
Has anyone installed an MGW shifter while doing the cooler trans swap on a Tech pack ? If so, how far can you go with the assembly and still get the trans to go back in without interference ?
Sponsored

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
I installed my MGW (not with a trans removal). Considering the the trans has to be moved reward for disassembly, I would think the only MGW things you could add with the trans out are the linkage rod and shifter support bracket, both of which would be worth it, especially the support bracket, which gets bolted to the trans.

350buyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Taco
I'm confused - do you need to move/drop the transmission or not to install the MGW?

I don't have access to a lift, nor do I want to do anything with the transmission, so I'd assumed I'd have to have an MGW installed at a shop somewhere.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Installing an MGW on the GT350 is fairly easy, you don't need to remove the trans at all. You do need to lower the rear cross member to lower the back of the trans to get the top bolt but that is pretty easy to do on the ground with a floor jack.

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
If you read the original question, the OP is planning on replacing the trans with the cooler compatible version, and want's to know whether some of the MGW can be installed on the new trans before assembling.

Sponsored

OP
OP

bmarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Shelby GT350
Thanks, guys. Was hoping I could save some time but think I will follow Grimace427's advice and do the trans swap first and install MGW after.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Thanks, guys. Was hoping I could save some time but think I will follow Grimace427's advice and do the trans swap first and install MGW after.

Stabbing the trans into the clutch requires as much room as you can afford, anything hanging off the back of the trans will just make it a pain to try to install. The MGW is quite easy to install especially with the driveshaft and exhaust out of the way.
Sponsored