MGW RAISES THE BAR ONCE AGAIN....

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjwoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Wait wait wait. So I can buy a shifter and you'll install it for free?

And all I have to do is drive to Augusta, GA?

...and sold.

George, are you still doing this?? I'm sold
Sponsored

OP
OP

MGW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG
yes, just have to call and make an appt.

George

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
yes, just have to call and make an appt.

George
George, I'm not extremely far from Augusta. Matter of fact, a friend of mine/old boss of mine Jack at Crandall has told me he's working with you on his cobra project also. I'll be bringing my car to you as soon as she is road worthy :cheers:

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT & 2016 EB Mustangs
Ordered mine thru Lethal Performance when they had a Labor Day sale and received it late September.

Wanted a plain black knob and it was not an option on Lethal's site so I ordered it direct from MGW while the Lethal order was still in process. Asked on the MGW order if they could hold & ship with the shifter and that is exactly what MGW did ... thank you GEORGE !!

Anyway, finally got around to installing it yesterday and all I can say is WOW ... 100% improvement over stock and really do not notice any added noise with shifter now mounted to trans. Got the obvious and expected engine/trans vibration thru the knob now, but that is how it should be !!

Did a fluid swap to BG Synchoshift about 3k miles ago back in August and this helped quite a bit too.

Thanks again GEORGE for the great shifter AND videos,

:cheers:

Doug

Reactions: MGW
OP
OP

MGW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG
reposting in this thread so people can refer to them later...

[ame]
[ame]

Sponsored

Rig Dawg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT
MGW Quality

Congratulations and thank you to MGW for a quality product – across the board. I just finished installation of my MGW race spec short throw shifter in my 2015 S550 GT dual-purpose (street/ track) car and it is amazing. It’s smooth & precise, changes the personality of the car in the best way possible.
Beautifully machined components, well-engineered, fits perfectly… Couldn’t ask for more!
Yes, you can install it yourself - watch the videos, plan your work and take your time. And BE SAFE under the car.

BTM

I redline at 11,000rpm
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Thunder Roadster GT-R / ST3
+1, best mod ever, excellent piece, and easy enough DIY in the home garage.

While you're under there, throw in a stainless steel clutch line as well - remote mount shifter misalignment is only half of the high rpm shift lockout problem. The other half is that the stock plastic clutch line swells and won't let the clutch fully disengage.

Butter77

Ha....You said Member...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT PP
Just finished mine last night. For someone with bigger hands it was a PIA getting to that 10mm bolt on top with the old shifter. Getting the MGW front section in was a cinch, but trying to drop the shifter base in through the tunnel cutout was a nightmare. Wound up having to drop the transmission cross-member again to get it in, then it went like clockwork. My Dad and I got it done in about 3.5 hours with 75% of that getting the old shifter out.

As far as a quick review, this thing is a beast. I had one in my 2011 GT/CS and I thought that was fun. The RS revision takes it to a whole new level. Shifts are quick and mechanical with a positive feeling that your in gear. I did a quick 1-2-3 run last night that felt great. With the stock unit, I could put it in 5th and move the shifter about 1-1.5 inches side to side. The MGW has MAYBE 1/8" deflection if your really trying to shake it. I put the stock shift knob on it and wasn't exactly happy with how it felt, but then put on my larger white ball and it was much better. Might need to start looking for an Anarchy knob now to go along with it.

Overall its a huge upgrade as many others have stated, and one I would gladly do again in a heartbeat.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I'm temporarily stopped at the 10mm shifter support arm bolt. The longest box 10mm box wrench I have is 6" long and even with both hands on it, it won't break free. It gives but won't come free so I assume the bolt is screwed into something that's flexible or attached to something flexible.

I really hate to lose this time window and have to buy a set of long handle wrenches just for this.

Sponsored
OP
OP

MGW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG
I'm temporarily stopped at the 10mm shifter support arm bolt. The longest box 10mm box wrench I have is 6" long and even with both hands on it, it won't break free. It gives but won't come free so I assume the bolt is screwed into something that's flexible or attached to something flexible.

I really hate to lose this time window and have to buy a set of long handle wrenches just for this.

That's weird as i have never had one that tight. Its not bolted to anything flexible so its most likely the wrench that is bending or flexing. You may have to get a single longer handle wrench from lowes etc. you dont need to buy a whole kit. maybe not even a ratcheting one, just a regular one to break it loose.

George

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
That's weird as i have never had one that tight. Its not bolted to anything flexible so its most likely the wrench that is bending or flexing. You may have to get a single longer handle wrench from lowes etc. you dont need to buy a whole kit. maybe not even a ratcheting one, just a regular one to break it loose.
Yeah, I'll get a single non-ratcheting. Lowes doesn't have one on their web site longer than 6". Home Depot (prefer Lowes) has one that looks to be an extended length for $2 BUT as typical, their website specs says it's .088" long and that its of stewl construction. LoL So may be wasting a trip when my wife gets back with the other car.

BTW I want to say that your videos are VERY complete and easy to understand.

I am a little worried about being able to do the install part within the 1 hour window for the locktite to NOT set up between leaving everything loose until its almost all done.

BigHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt premium Ingot silver
Does the factory reverse camera work with the MGW reverse push down? Also what is a realistic install time if done by ASE certified shop?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.