MGW race spec or xspec?

Chad1986

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Getting ready to purchase a mgw shifter from lethal. I'm not sure if I want the x spec or race spec. The car has had some bad high rpm lockout issues and stock setup isn't liking me cobra jet manifold, and really wont like it once I install my cams. I bought a rst and aluminum flywheel yesterday, along with to bearing, and pilot bearing and arp bolts. Already have a steeda clutch line. I was seeing if anyone has experience with both shifter and which one they like more. Thanks!
Sponsored

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
Only difference is height. I opted for the x-spec standard (3rd-shortest) and then added an extra knob spacer for my Billetworkz so my entire hand would grab the shifter and not part of the boot. It's still a really short throw though. Depends how short you want it and what type of knob you're comfortable with.

OP
OP

Chad1986

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Well I pulled the trigger on the xspec and am going to use the factory ball. Should feel like a whole new car with drag radials, rat clutch, mgw shifter. Before it did nothing but spin in first and second and I couldn't shift above 6800 and that was pushing it. Now shifting at 7600 or so and hooking up, can't wait!

LethalBlake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F150
Chad,

XSPEC FTW! Cant go wrong with anything MGW, but i personally prefer the X over the Race and that seems to be the general consensus of most other people as well!

Feel free to shoot me a message with any questions!
Sponsored