Sponsored

MGW Install

OKC S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black PP GT
Has anyone gotten an MGW or Barton shifter installed at a shop in the area? Not sure what this would run but I am guessing ~$200?
Sponsored

EastTNMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 3
Or you can have MGW install it for free...it's what I have scheduled for in November (earliest appointment available.)

cwrx82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I looked in to having Dusold Designs do it, but ended up doing it myself. Are you opposed to doing it yourself? It's not bad at all. I did it on jack stands in the garage.

OP
OP

OKC S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black PP GT
I looked in to having Dusold Designs do it, but ended up doing it myself. Are you opposed to doing it yourself? It's not bad at all. I did it on jack stands in the garage.
Not necessarily opposed to doing it myself but it would be the most involved install I have done on my car thus far so it makes me a little nervous.

cwrx82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Not necessarily opposed to doing it myself but it would be the most involved install I have done on my car thus far so it makes me a little nervous.
It's not bad at all. I did my MGW, headers, exhaust, and will do most other stuff, if it comes to it. Watch the MGW videos on their website and it isn't bad at all.

Do you already have a shifter? When are you planning on having it done? I don't mind helping out if it fits our schedules.

Sponsored

OP
OP

OKC S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black PP GT
It's not bad at all. I did my MGW, headers, exhaust, and will do most other stuff, if it comes to it. Watch the MGW videos on their website and it isn't bad at all.

Do you already have a shifter? When are you planning on having it done? I don't mind helping out if it fits our schedules.
I'm going to order it soon, really hoping for a memorial day sale.

I might see what Vorshlag would charge but may end up tackling it myself. I appreciate the offer! I may take you up on it :cheers:

B0SS603

@dib_5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacques
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Or you can have MGW install it for free...it's what I have scheduled for in November (earliest appointment available.)
It's about a 13 hr drive from the DFW area to GA where MGW HQ is located. Not sure if that's much of a savings just to get a free install.

MaverickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I installed mine. There's also a forum thread that has plenty of installation tips. Also, have their install videos available and watch them a couple times before the install.

MaverickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Has anyone gotten an MGW or Barton shifter installed at a shop in the area? Not sure what this would run but I am guessing ~$200?
I was quoted $450 and they have never done an MGW before.

Sponsored

B0SS603

@dib_5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacques
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I was quoted $450 and they have never done an MGW before.
That's pretty crazy, I was hoping to pay a shop. Where did you get the quote if you don't mind me asking? I don't have all the goodies (jack, jack stands, ect.) to do an install like this so when I get the funds together to get the MGW I'll just need to hit up a friend and see if we can tackle this at a dealer where he works. How long did it take you guys that did a self install?

Tcstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium- Ordered
That's pretty crazy, I was hoping to pay a shop. Where did you get the quote if you don't mind me asking? I don't have all the goodies (jack, jack stands, ect.) to do an install like this so when I get the funds together to get the MGW I'll just need to hit up a friend and see if we can tackle this at a dealer where he works. How long did it take you guys that did a self install?
I'd be down to help install at my place. I have everything needed. Never installed this shifter but I've done plenty of car builds.

B0SS603

@dib_5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacques
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'd be down to help install at my place. I have everything needed. Never installed this shifter but I've done plenty of car builds.
Thanks for the offer man, I may just take you up on that once I decide to get it. :cheers:

MaverickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcstang

Thanks for the offer man, I may just take you up on that once I decide to get it. :cheers:
That's a good deal for both of you. He's helped out a few others and they've helped him out in return. :thumbsup: Hope you like Jeeps ;)

MaverickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
The quote was from Dallas Mustangs May last year. I decided to do it myself. I don't have a garage so I take my car up to a do it yourself place in Denton and rent a lift. I take my own tools. Install took 5 hours by myself. Someone who wrenches on cars quite a bit could have that down to a couple hours max.
Sponsored