americanaut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Viper GTS
Dear all,

I'm new to the forum, as I recently purchased a 2017 GT350 on the spot after a test drive. It's a Canadian car that was imported to Switzerland, as they were never officially on sale here.

Anyhow, on that test drive already, the orange wrench with the message "See Manual" came up, but also vanished again. I asked the seller (importer of cars from the US/Canada) to take care of this, which he said to do. As I picked up the car today (it needed to be homologated according to Swiss rules), the message came back up after a few minutes of driving. I called the seller, but he just said they had a look, everything seems fine, "service life" is 80% away from a service, oil is new and so on. There's nothing that they can do. Well, at least they could have told me when I picked the car up... šŸ™„

Anyone any idea on what the issue could be? The message pops up, vanishes, comes back up after a few miles, maybe stays for a a minute or just a few seconds, vanishes, might be gone for a few minutes even, comes back up, and so on. Really annoying, especially as I have the speedometer shown in the display.

I already searched the forum, but only found messages that seem to stay. I hope it's just a connection with a hickup... According to the manual, the message indicates a malfunction of the powertrain - car runs, pulls and shifts absolutely normal though.

Can a regular Ford dealership (which never sold any Shelbys) ran diagnostics on it, or would they need specific tools?

Thanks for any helpful input, as I can then maybe guide the mechanics to a specific part.

- James
Sponsored

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Dear all,

I'm new to the forum, as I recently purchased a 2017 GT350 on the spot after a test drive. It's a Canadian car that was imported to Switzerland, as they were never officially on sale here.

Anyhow, on that test drive already, the orange wrench with the message "See Manual" came up, but also vanished again. I asked the seller (importer of cars from the US/Canada) to take care of this, which he said to do. As I picked up the car today (it needed to be homologated according to Swiss rules), the message came back up after a few minutes of driving. I called the seller, but he just said they had a look, everything seems fine, "service life" is 80% away from a service, oil is new and so on. There's nothing that they can do. Well, at least they could have told me when I picked the car up... šŸ™„

Anyone any idea on what the issue could be? The message pops up, vanishes, comes back up after a few miles, maybe stays for a a minute or just a few seconds, vanishes, might be gone for a few minutes even, comes back up, and so on. Really annoying, especially as I have the speedometer shown in the display.

I already searched the forum, but only found messages that seem to stay. I hope it's just a connection with a hickup... According to the manual, the message indicates a malfunction of the powertrain - car runs, pulls and shifts absolutely normal though.

Can a regular Ford dealership (which never sold any Shelbys) ran diagnostics on it, or would they need specific tools?

Thanks for any helpful input, as I can then maybe guide the mechanics to a specific part.

- James
They can run a diagnostic, but if the wrench isnā€™t currently displayed, Iā€™m not sure if theyā€™ll see a stored code or not. It may be worth it for you to carry a code reader with you (wired or wireless) and check codes as soon as it comes up. I also recommend a code reader that supports advanced diagnostics. I have a few different Bluetooth readers, but this is my better one thatā€™ll run dianoistics on all modules: https://www.amazon.com/BlueDriver-B...ocphy=9016164&hvtargid=pla-405661045648&psc=1

Best of luck!

hdaniel85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
You should be able to take it to a Ford dealer and have them check it out, if it's throwing any codes they should be able to read them.

What I noticed is you'll start seeing phantoms things like that and it could just be a sign of a battery waiting to fail (nearing the end of its life).

Definitely take it in for a proper diagnosis.

OP
OP
americanaut

americanaut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Viper GTS
Thank you all for the first inputs, I guess Iā€˜ll have the mechanics look into the battery first then.

OP
OP
americanaut

americanaut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Viper GTS
Alright, a little update as this might be of use to other members with a similar issue. My problem seems to come from a faulty transmission oil temperature sensor. That was one of the codes. After the codes had been cleared, the message only appeared once for a fraction of a second. Also, I was able to monitor transmission oil temperature in the gauge cluster, it went up and down (and kept doing so) about 100Ā° C (ca. 212Ā° F) in split-seconds, which cannot be at all, as the car was just warming up. So the mechanics assume a faulty sensor, which would make sense. We'll take care of this soon.
Sponsored