Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ange
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP, Magnetic Grey
Thats only a simulation. :doh:

Mustang any day, hands down.

Prefer my RWD Mustang to my last Audi A5 AWD anyday.
More fun and better sideway action:headbang:
Sponsored

PG68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Oxford white GT Fastback 6speed
From day one, most journo’s have been banging on about how the Mustang is such a let down by a low cost plastic interior. Well bugger me!!, why did I buy something that is such a let down? How stupid was I. Only the other day I was enjoying that motor, the drive, the sound, the style and the people giving me the thumbs up as I drove passed. Only to look at my dash board and feel so deflated because a Journo told me otherwise.

Maybe it was the overall package, the mechanicals, the style or even the simple fact that this is a 50 year old legend. The best value for bucks this side of $65K.

Maybe some good Samaritan can help these poor journo’s by removing the high quality plastic from their lower interior regions so they can sit in the car properly and enjoy it for what it is.

Last edited:

OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
WOW that is a surprising result, I would have figured the RS3 would have been able to maintain much higher cornering speeds, and I don't think it is any slouch off the mark either. I must read that article if I can find a copy.
Cheers,
Think it was Motor actually....

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
From day one, most jurno’s have been banging on about how the Mustang is such a let down by a low cost plastic interior. Well bugger me!!, why did I buy something that is such a let down? How stupid was I. Only the other day I was enjoying that motor, the drive, the sound, the style and the people giving me the thumbs up as I drove passed. Only to look at my dash board and feel so deflated because a Jurno told me otherwise.

Maybe it was the overall package, the mechanicals, the style or even the simple fact that this is a 50 year old legend. The best value for bucks this side of $65K.

Maybe some good Samaritan can help these poor jurno’s by removing the high quality plastic from their interior regions so they can sit in the car properly and enjoy it for what it is.
Couldn't agree more. I'd have bought the car even if it didn't even have an interior ffs!

Egghead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
From day one, most jurno’s have been banging on about how the Mustang is such a let down by a low cost plastic interior. Well bugger me!!, why did I buy something that is such a let down? How stupid was I. Only the other day I was enjoying that motor, the drive, the sound, the style and the people giving me the thumbs up as I drove passed. Only to look at my dash board and feel so deflated because a Jurno told me otherwise.

Maybe some good Samaritan can help these poor jurno’s by removing the high quality plastic from their lower interior regions so they can sit in the car properly and enjoy it for what it is.
HERE HERE !! It's classic US muscle car for sixty grand !! What fuckin bargain !!!!! And it's brand new !

Sponsored

Bagration

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT delivered 8 May 17
Funny to say but I remember some of the earlier episodes/series of Top Gear and a consistent theme for the European cars that Clarkson drove was that the interior felt cheap. Very cheap (a whole lot of Clarkson facial expressions indicated what he felt about that). But it didn't stop him revelling in the power and majesty of the car.

And for me it's the same for the Pony Car (minus the weird facial expressions). I also seem to recall that a consistent complaint for the WRX was (is?) the plastic interior - because all the money was spent on the engine and the suspension. Well guess what....

Consistent reviews of this car elsewhere on the planet suggest that part of the charm of the car is that the aftermarket world has embraced the car and you can (if you wish) turn it into an M3...or not. I'm getting a great car for $60K and you can bet that I'll be spending another 10 grand (or so) on making it damn awesome. And louder and more sure footed in the quest to leave a bigger grin on my face.

And last (but by no means least), my Dad owned a GT/HO. I talk about that car with my mates. I want my son to do the same about the Pony Car. And he will.

So the serious motoring journalists can bugger off.

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
Last edited:

dtdazza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT TY
:lol: and then a whole bunch of them bagged it: [URL said:
http://m.drive.com.au/motor-news/2016-hits-and-misses-biggest-letdown-20161212-gt9mho.html[/URL]
How "angry" do they want it to be???

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
I don't need some slightly overweight pen warrior saying that my car is amazing, I know my car is amazing. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one

Then again I have the fastest car in the world #iamthebigdog

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe

Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one
Sorry to break this out again, but it's one of my favourite Harry quotes from one of the best films ever made.

:thumbsup:

[ame]

OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
I think where they miss the mark is the Emotions a Mustang brings...I'll be honest the door trims could be better or softer where I rest my elbow up near the window? there are some bits that although perfectly fine they could be better, some panels are not 100% aligned etc BUT....when I push that start button and head out onto the streets the joy and pleasure the car brings is very very hard to beat....Isn't that what a car is supposed to do if you're an enthusiast? to me that's where a Mustang hits the mark like very few other cars...well under 300k anyway. Its very easy to look over a mustang with Jerno eyes looking for faults as you will find them BUT they are missing the passion required to enjoy the car for what it is....More fool them. I cannot take any review of any car seriously as its 99% their opinion which as proven with the Mustang is VERY different to mine. My wife owned a fairly expensive new Lexus and yes that was built to a standard that left my Mustang for dead but driving it felt like I was trapped in a lift in a beige jumper with Ice cream truck jingles playing....NOT a soul inspiring, emotional drive.

w0rt3x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT Fastback Manual Ruby Red
Well said!

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
Yes, it is the emotion.
I owned a Porsche Cayman for three years and thoroughly enjoyed driving it every time, its handling and poise on the road, particularly in the twisty sections was nothing short of phenomenal.
But every time I hop in the Mustang it is an entire experience, an event! Its all consuming, the sound (mine is deeper & louder than stock), the raw power (I've added 37Kws at the wheels) the size, presence and that feeling that your riding a wild beast is just unmatched in any car I've driven. It has a huge grin factor and every new owner instantly joins the Grin Club, they can't help it, plastic bits notwithstanding!!!

trumpeteer_au

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rapid Red GT Auto
I just sat at a set of lights with a truck driver looking over the top of an Audi that cost at least double what my Mustang cost, to ogle the Mustang.

Most cars = Boring sedan, no matter the cost or quality
Mustang = Classic icon!

It doesn't matter what the motoring experts say, the people have voted with their eyes.

Enough said.
Sponsored