Media Launch Reviews

zeeman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
OXFORD WHITE GT AUTO MY17
Ex demo stock - who wants that. The quote makes it seem like you can just walk into any old Ford dealer and drive away in an Ecoboost. That's not really true is it?
Sunbury Ford in Melbourne are getting 4 EB ,stock to sell off.
Dealer told me bonus from Ford they sold 100 units..
Sponsored

SteamPlane

Car, beer & whisky nerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White GT Convertible
Sunbury Ford in Melbourne are getting 4 EB ,stock to sell off.
Dealer told me bonus from Ford they sold 100 units..
Same thing at Blacklocks in Wodonga. 4 additional EB cars coming into stock.

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
Though the article might say to do otherwise I would take the EB over the 86 everyday of the week.
Yeah but it seems like they only bash the EB because it has a bigger brother.
It even says if it was a standalone European Coupe they'd probably like it.

Sponsored

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Yeah they can't help themselves and the big brother analogy is a good one. I mean the EB $hits all over the 86 in my opinion. I get pretty anoyed about the comments about cheap interior plastics, i don't even notice or care when I drive mine. Also i think they like to perpetuate the EB as not popular among enthusiasts...... seriously people can get what they like, i wanted the V8 but i don't turn my nose up at the EB, it a chioce.

PG68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Oxford white GT Fastback 6speed
Yeah they can't help themselves and the big brother analogy is a good one. I mean the EB $hits all over the 86 in my opinion. I get pretty anoyed about the comments about cheap interior plastics, i don't even notice or care when I drive mine. Also i think they like to perpetuate the EB as not popular among enthusiasts...... seriously people can get what they like, i wanted the V8 but i don't turn my nose up at the EB, it a chioce.
Well said Snake Bite, I agree with every word you said

AusPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang EB (Tickford 270 Power Pack)
Unlike the US, the Australian media just can't grasp a Mustang without a V8 and just feed off each other to dump on the Ecoboost. Holy crap there's no way I'd own an 86 over an Ecoboost Mustang - not even close. Of course the V8 is faster and sounds awesome, it's a 5l V8. But that's totally irrelevant to the comparison with the 86. Apparently being underpowered and having no grip gives the 86 more "character" - WTF!

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
In the Drive section in the SMH today they wrapped up the year 2016 with best drivers car, best improvement, biggest disappointment etc, etc.
One journo said the V8 Mustang was the biggest disappointment.

He rabbited on about cheap plastics, (again) average handling, V8 good but not quite delivering what he expected, overall a disappointment!

I must say if I'm brutally honest, the car in stock form was a disappointment for me as well. The V8 sounded great but needed just a bit more, the power was great but needed a bit more, and the grip & handling was the biggest surprise for me, I thought it was average.

Having said that, for less than $10k you can change most of that. The plastic interior isn't anywhere near as bad as journos carry on about and I can happily live with it. In fact I think the interior is great.
But after installing a set of high quality coilovers, lowering the car 30mm, a CAI and tune, a better set of lungs in the form of JBA axle backs, the car is just a completely different beast and if the journos got to drive one of our modified Stangs I'd think they would be grinning from ear to ear.

And so for less than $75k you have a car that is an absolute bargain, goes real well, handles beautifully, sounds a treat and looks superb.

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
He rabbited on about cheap plastics, (again) average handling, V8 good but not quite delivering what he expected, overall a disappointment!

The plastic interior isn't anywhere near as bad as journos carry on about and I can happily live with it. In fact I think the interior is great.
My last car was an optioned Merc A250 which cost me literally the same as a GT Mustang. The interior/plastics in that were on a par with the GT Mustang. $ for $ the GT Mustang represented significantly better vale to me.

Sponsored

OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
I Love how they bag the handling and lack of power yet in the wheels magazine BFYB shootout last month (Mustang finished 6th) BUT lapped the race track half a second quicker than the much lighter AWD Audi RS3....No easy task.

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
I Love how they bag the handling and lack of power yet in the wheels magazine BFYB shootout last month (Mustang finished 6th) BUT lapped the race track half a second quicker than the much lighter AWD Audi RS3....No easy task.
WOW that is a surprising result, I would have figured the RS3 would have been able to maintain much higher cornering speeds, and I don't think it is any slouch off the mark either. I must read that article if I can find a copy.
Cheers,

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
In the Drive section in the SMH today they wrapped up the year 2016 with best drivers car, best improvement, biggest disappointment etc, etc.
One journo said the V8 Mustang was the biggest disappointment.
Good! I'm getting sick of seeing so many on the roads!
A few more negative reviews is exactly what we're after so we can maintain exclusivity and demand higher resale values in 30 years when we decide to sell to the old gas guzzler collectors :

The RS3s ARE really quick off the mark - was following one the other day and he decided to give it the boot! Zoom crackle pop!

OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
Good! I'm getting sick of seeing so many on the roads!
A few more negative reviews is exactly what we're after so we can maintain exclusivity and demand higher resale values in 30 years when we decide to sell to the old gas guzzler collectors :

The RS3s ARE really quick off the mark - was following one the other day and he decided to give it the boot! Zoom crackle pop!
I blew me away as well....The mustang they said did badly 0-100kph and over the quarter hence the 6th spot yet around the track fairly well smashed the RS3.

Its all on Wheels's facebook pages.

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I blew me away as well....The mustang they said did badly 0-100kph and over the quarter hence the 6th spot yet around the track fairly well smashed the RS3.

Its all on Wheels's facebook pages.
Far from conclusive, but in this: [ame]
The S3 looks much more understeery (expected on AWD vs RWD) which could cost it time - even though in that video the S3 is faster (and yes I know, it's not real)

Couldn't find anything on Wheels mag's FB pages though
Edit: oh, last month... Maybe didn't scroll back far enough :)
Sponsored