Sponsored

MBRP Street Exhuast.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
good man thats how its done just chop a coil :)
Sponsored

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
https://www.direnza.co.uk/ford-mustang-2-3-ecoboost-5-0-v8-15-17-catback-exhaust-system

I have this - if you watch ebay auctions - I actually got full cat-back for ÂŁ245!

stainless etc - not massively loud - considerably louder than stock - - but burbles nicely too (no drone) -

and for the cost of a new tyre I thought it worth a punt -

been on my Mustang for over a year now!
I’m strongly considering this system now. Do you know what design the mufflers are? i.e. straight through/glass pack or chambered? Also, do you have any videos or sound clips? Not been able to find anything online.

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't...but I will try to record something tomorrow..???.

and sorry no idea on the mufflers...

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I haven't...but I will try to record something tomorrow..???.

and sorry no idea on the mufflers...
Thanks, that would be much appreciated. If possible, would be great if you could take a photo (with flash) down one of the tailpipes? Might give me an idea on the muffler type!

Sponsored

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Who's is the grabber blue, and what system does that have on it?

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

Symone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach1 grabber yellow A10
Yeah, will be yours at 1:20
I have roush axle backs , someone on Facebook was selling a set last week for ÂŁ400,
Brought mine back from States with me black tip editions ÂŁ390 new , I like a bargain they are still fairly cheap in U.K. from nemesisuk ect compared to others and simple to fit

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Well I thought I was being clever. Noticed an exhaust on eBay that appeared to be identical to the direnza, but at a buy it now of about £350. I did my research, it was being sold by a different seller to the direnza systems, but the had the same business address. The two versions had a near identical part number (except for the prefix) so thought I’d give it a go. It looks the part, nice polished stainless steel with good quality welds. Put the system on, but where all the pipes join together and clamp, there was just too much slack. Even with the clamps fully closed there was still loads of movement. I fired it up and it sounded great, but I knew part of it would be dragging on the floor after the first speed bump, so I’ve put the stock exhaust straight back on. So disappointing. Don’t know how it can be resolved so I’ll be seeking a refund.

Sponsored

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Well I thought I was being clever. Noticed an exhaust on eBay that appeared to be identical to the direnza, but at a buy it now of about £350. I did my research, it was being sold by a different seller to the direnza systems, but the had the same business address. The two versions had a near identical part number (except for the prefix) so thought I’d give it a go. It looks the part, nice polished stainless steel with good quality welds. Put the system on, but where all the pipes join together and clamp, there was just too much slack. Even with the clamps fully closed there was still loads of movement. I fired it up and it sounded great, but I knew part of it would be dragging on the floor after the first speed bump, so I’ve put the stock exhaust straight back on. So disappointing. Don’t know how it can be resolved so I’ll be seeking a refund.
You need to tighten the clamps with an impact gun on the direnza system, I tried it with just a normal ratchet and it wouldn’t go tight enough either, then got the big impact gun out and she tightened up no problem. I ended up putting a few small tacks of weld on each joint to stop them moving again when I had the system on my Ecoboost. Can’t expect much for that money it’s gonna need a bit of fettling!

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
You need to tighten the clamps with an impact gun on the direnza system, I tried it with just a normal ratchet and it wouldn’t go tight enough either, then got the big impact gun out and she tightened up no problem. I ended up putting a few small tacks of weld on each joint to stop them moving again when I had the system on my Ecoboost. Can’t expect much for that money it’s gonna need a bit of fettling!
Thanks for the tip. I want to avoid welding the mid pipes as they join the H right next to the fuel tank. I’ll try borrowing an impact gun and have a dry run before I attempt to install again. Only reason I didn’t try that before is that I know from experience, once you’ve closed those gaps up, it’s difficult to separate and re join them. Might just have my local garage do it for me.

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Agree (partially) with Adam

I got a small local garage to fit mine... they used small amounts of exhaust paste to seal joints... and tightened up with a gun
But never needed any welding or anything else...
Mines been on for over a year... no problems.....

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yeah, I had a look at the clamps again this morning, there is a few mm left to go on them, so I think it can be done. The only worry is the factory clamps at the down pipe that you have to use. I’m pretty sure I got those as tight as they go. I’m gonna try getting a mechanic to fit it, maybe they can use an exhaust expander if necessary to make the inner joints a bit wider.

How much did your garage charge for fitting @W111BOB?

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
ÂŁ15 to fit it

Took about 20 to 30 minutes all in

Biggest issue was getting the original exhaust back home again....

Luckily it fitted in the garage van and they dropped it off about 3 months later,!!
Sponsored