MBRP Street Exhuast.

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
Anyone in the UK run one? They look quite reasonable at just over £700. I've watched a few videos and the sound seems lovely, not t0o neighbour unfriendly just deeper. Can people confirm the sound volume and fitament? Do they fit well and are they a bolt on mod? I dont fancy cutting up my exhaust for an axle back
Sponsored

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
maddog1982

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
OP
OP
maddog1982

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
They can be had for £349 brand new on Ebay! Whats the quality like? I have never heard of them personnaly.

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
oh - yes... brand new

I took it to my local garage and said "fit this - if it sounds like shit - bin it and put the original back on"

an hour later the garage guy called and said - "listen to this!"

I kept it!

to be honest - this is nowhere near as loud as some cat backs or axle backs - but it fits well - cheap as chips and is pretty robust

Adam83 (on here) had an ecoboost (now he has a very nice GT) .... and told me about this Direnza exhaust system- he got his for £195! again on Ebay

I see they are selling at about £500+ now -on the Direnza site - but check out Ebay auctions

they put a few up every month at £99 in auction

Bob

Sponsored

OP
OP
maddog1982

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
oh - yes... brand new

I took it to my local garage and said "fit this - if it sounds like shit - bin it and put the original back on"

an hour later the garage guy called and said - "listen to this!"

I kept it!

to be honest - this is nowhere near as loud as some cat backs or axle backs - but it fits well - cheap as chips and is pretty robust

Adam83 (on here) had an ecoboost (now he has a very nice GT) .... and told me about this Direnza exhaust system- he got his for £195! again on Ebay

I see they are selling at about £500+ now -on the Direnza site - but check out Ebay auctions

they put a few up every month at £99 in auction

Bob
That's awesome thank you for the heads up! I'll set a watch on eBay. Do you have any sound clips?

Lowrider Lincoln

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang - Shadow Edition, Triple Yellow '72 Lincoln - Lowrider '72 Gran Torino Sport '79 Firebird
I've got the MBRP Street. Personally I think it sounds good. Nice deep burble on tick over, then loud when revved, not too raspy. I may change to the Race version in the future but not actually heard one yet. The fitment is good, no problems with assembly. I have noticed some surface rust appearing already which is described as normal, so if you want show quality shine then go for a system that is made of higher quality 409 stainless. They are a budget system but sound just as good as some that cost twice the price.

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I’ve had an MBRP Street cat back. It does sound great. It is considerably louder inside and outside the cabin. I removed it after about 9 months because it was particularly loud on a cold start. As I often have 6am starts I was worried about annoying the neighbours, and wasn’t massively fond of the extra volume at that hour myself. Other than that, it does sound great. Nice old school burble at low revs and a more exotic bark at the top end.

Interestingly, I recently stumbled upon the Direnza system, but thought it would be too much of a gamble. It looks identical to some unbranded systems on eBay that can be had for really cheap.

Might give that a go for the money

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Anyone in the UK run one? They look quite reasonable at just over £700. I've watched a few videos and the sound seems lovely, not t0o neighbour unfriendly just deeper. Can people confirm the sound volume and fitament? Do they fit well and are they a bolt on mod? I dont fancy cutting up my exhaust for an axle back
I think @benanderson89 had one, but he no longer has his car. Don't remember him complaining however and going by the reviews on CJP the Americans love them! If it's a cat-back you won't need to cut your stock exhaust.
I remember someone saying they used a lower grade steel hence the cheaper price so based on that it may well be worth giving the Direnza a listen too.

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Chris's car (lowrider Lincoln -above) sounds awesome - even better in the flesh - so to speak!

It is much louder than the Direnza on mine

Sorry Chris- I didnt realise that you had that system on yours

Sponsored

Lowrider Lincoln

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang - Shadow Edition, Triple Yellow '72 Lincoln - Lowrider '72 Gran Torino Sport '79 Firebird
Chris's car (lowrider Lincoln -above) sounds awesome - even better in the flesh - so to speak!

It is much louder than the Direnza on mine

Sorry Chris- I didnt realise that you had that system on yours
Thanks for the compliments Bob. For what I paid (£700ish) it sounds great. For what you paid for the Direnza (£350ish) who cares. It was so cheap, and actually sounds good too. There are a lot of Mustang owners who have paid nearly £2K on their exhausts and don't sound any better than ours.

OP
OP
maddog1982

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
Wow the video sounds awesome
Sponsored