Sponsored

MBRP Street Catback Installed

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Sounds great at low RPMs but sounds like ass at WOT. My hope is that once the inside of the Catback gets coated with carbon that is will sound better. If not I will have a catback for sale.
Sponsored

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
This is the exact reason why I bit the bullet and bought the Corsa the first time.

Oxwhite5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford white 2015 GT
Mine got a little louder, the WOT sound never changed though, i hated it so much i cut the mufflers out and welded in bullets.

r1lovin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
The rasp sound won't change. Have a friend drive the car to see how it sounds outside before selling it.

OP
OP
Doctor Fishtail

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I will install some resonators it looks like. This is the worst sounding exhaust at WOT that I have ever owned. And here is the kicker. I still have cats!! Wait til headers!! Oh God.

Sponsored

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
The rasp sound won't change. Have a friend drive the car to see how it sounds outside before selling it.
This. My gibson w/headers has a buzz/rattle/rasp sound from inside the cabin, but outside it sounds awesome.

OP
OP
Doctor Fishtail

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
This. My gibson w/headers has a buzz/rattle/rasp sound from inside the cabin, but outside it sounds awesome.
LOL. Yea it just sucks to hear this in the cab. Maybe with fingers crossed the sound will turn to bass instead of the cheap tin can rasp. Will update.

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/Perf Pack, 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
It's a preference I guess. I installed mine last Friday and I love it.

Azzurro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium. Race Red
Yes Corsa is top on my list. Expensive, but get what you pay for.
Borla ATAKs sound awesome and cost less. It's all the loud you would ever need. Especially with the AT in Sport +. You can easily spin a Prius 180 degrees :)

Sponsored

NEED2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT base PP Borla s-type H pipe
This is the reason I sold mine.
[ame]https://vimeo.com/157674786[/ame]

I went with Borla s-type with H pipe.
[ame]https://vimeo.com/157674930[/ame]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toplesstripcruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 50th Mustang GT vert, '03 yellow Evo
Borla ATAKs sound awesome and cost less. It's all the loud you would ever need. Especially with the AT in Sport +. You can easily spin a Prius 180 degrees :)
ATAK is too loud and raspy. Same reason I am not going for Corsa Extreme. Also Borla only in 2.5 inch. I know they make a 3inch but not for convertibles.

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Im sure that WOT ass sound which is demonstrated perfectly in need15gt's video is cause by the stock headers with cats. heres a video of a MBRP with headers. Not my car.

[ame]

I have the streets and watching the videos before I heard it in person I thought it sounded good. In person need15gt's video is an accurate representation of how bad it sounds at WOT. Re watching the other videos I can clearly hear what it sounds like in person. Other cat backs mask it better, but I still hear it. The only videos I don't hear it in are cars that have headers.

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
May I suggest the Solo Mach XV? I have one thats just arrived and will be installed next weekend.

I have not tried it, but was on the market for a sub 800 catback. I simply cannot justify a $1000 (in the case of Corsa 1300+) catback - but thats just me.

For what its worth, from the videos I heard online, I felt the Solo Mach and Thunder also sounded the best. The sweet balance between a deep sound and an exotic touch at the high rpm. No drone, absolutely no rasp (from what I heard).

I find the Magnaflows too deep and old school. PRobably drone-y but I cant dont know for sure.
Corsa Sport was a good choice and so was the Borla S-Type. The Corsa Sport had no rasp and great consistency through the rpm range- but I simply couldnt enjoy the tone although it was a close second for me. Also price. But as many folks will attest, Corsa (and Borla) make great systems.
Corsa Extreme sounded great/very exotic but too loud and not deep enough. Too expensive.
MBRP, while having a great price was simply horribly tinny at WOT - it also seems that there is a lot of variance between the units, meaning, QC is not great. Need 2015GT's video above really exemplifies this.

Ping me in a few weeks and I'll be happy to share my thoughts on the XV. I hear you can also change mufflers with it easily.

Sick03L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang Premium Automagic
I have the RACE.... wont ever look back. No rasp...just mean
Sponsored