Sponsored

May have finally figured out my vmp issues?

Gabefuu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
So I’ve been just having issues for the last 4-5 months chasing what we thought was tuning issues. But I recently decided to switch to Lund for tuning and he hinted that the injectors I had were not that great. I said cool no problem I wanted to upgrade eventually anyway. So I’m in no way a “mechanic” I can take stuff apart and put stuff together, but I couldn’t name a part of you pointed one out. So I’m taking the supercharger apart threw in the fic1000 I purchased and while I had the lower half of the supercharger lifted a bit I decided to reach under and check the gaskets make sure they were still seated properly and to my surprise there was no gaskets… the shop forgot to install them. Does anyone know if that’s what could have been causing the issues? Because I did notice before when I would remove the battery the car ran great, but after a while it would slowly get worse. I ordered gaskets either way and hopefully I can finally get it running properly. Also the shop is called Fastlane in Houston tx. Half assed job honestly as I was double checking everything today. I would have done the install myself but wanted it done quick and correctly. Didn’t get either one apparently. Took almost a month and didn’t even get the install correctly.

97A16496-828D-4650-8183-A7F5AF68C8E5.jpeg
Sponsored

Memphisraines

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2013 Caddilac ATS
Oh wow, damn that’s a paying customers nightmare, not many who didn’t dig into it themselves would have caught it and spent untold dollars. Hope the rest from now on goes smoothly.

OP
OP

Gabefuu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Oh wow, damn that’s a paying customers nightmare, not many who didn’t dig into it themselves would have caught it and spent untold dollars. Hope the rest from now on goes smoothly.
Thanks bud. I’m really hoping this was the problem. 🤞 if not I’m back to square one…

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
No Gaskets on the lower intake? Wow! I bet yours are still stuck in your intake manifold.

Sponsored

Mantis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Did you feel around to see if they were stuck to the lid as you lifted it?

Mantis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Did you feel around to see if they were stuck to the lid as you lifted it?
I see now in the picture the use of a mirror to look up. I still struggle on the idea that they missed this key step.

OP
OP

Gabefuu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I see now in the picture the use of a mirror to look up. I still struggle on the idea that they missed this key step.
I know. Tell me about it… I reached out to them and of course no response.

JLTH2183

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
I did install myself. With those gaskets not installed it definitely would cause vacuum leaks/ driveability issues.

20210611_092941_copy_3197x4263.jpg

OP
OP

Gabefuu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I did install myself. With those gaskets not installed it definitely would cause vacuum leaks/ driveability issues.

20210611_092941_copy_3197x4263.jpg
Those are it. Hopefully everything I need shows up in the mail this week so i can have my car running again by next week 🤞
Sponsored