Sponsored

Max MAF Reading

thatonenozz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang GT PP
Does anyone know the max value the stock MAF can read? I just installed the 3.33 pulley on my Paxton and the while datalogging I see the MAF reads up to 87lb/min and then just sits there from 6400 until I shift. It doesn't seem like the belt is slipping, so idk :shrug: Not that it matters really, just curious.
Sponsored

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
86.68 is the max the LB/min will show. You need to look at MAF frequency or period to make sure its still going up. In the tune values go much higher than 86.68, you would need to have access view the tune to correlate what MAF frequency or period to what LB/min you have in the tune.

OP
OP

thatonenozz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang GT PP
Thanks a lot man! That makes a lot more sense. The MAF frequency is still going up, so that’s good!

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
The limit is in the PID, not the MAF. The PID limit is 86.68.

Jn2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
The PID's limit is a hair over 86#/min but the MAF will continue to work and the ECM will keep applying fueling corrections as needed. This is not limitation in the MAF, but a limitation in the SAE MAF PID. You can look at your MAF period and you will see that it continues to move even though MAF PID stays still....
Sponsored