Master rear spoiler thread -- Post yours here!

T123456

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible, Kona Blue
Just added the California Special rear spoiler from ebay with factory color match to my 2020 GT Convertible.. Came out pretty nice. Looks as if it was OEM.

IMG_9451.jpg

TurboNub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
Just added the California Special rear spoiler from ebay with factory color match to my 2020 GT Convertible.. Came out pretty nice. Looks as if it was OEM.

IMG_9451.jpg
How is it fastened? oem bolts or just tape? also can I ask for a few more pics I kinda like it!

T123456

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
How is it fastened? oem bolts or just tape? also can I ask for a few more pics I kinda like it!
Bolts. Comes with everything needed. Bought it on ebay for $249.88, took about 10 days to arrive. It comes with a rubber like material that goes under it to create a gasket so no water will into the trunk. Ignore the missing emblem, they broke it off installing the PPF and ordered a new one.

MustangBack4.jpg

MustangBack3_LI.jpg

MustangBack2_LI.jpg

MustangBack1_LI.jpg

T123456

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Also, this is the "Convertible" one. There is another one for $20 less but that's for the coupe. It's a different fitment because the trunk is shaped slightly different.

TurboNub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
Also, this is the "Convertible" one. There is another one for $20 less but that's for the coupe. It's a different fitment because the trunk is shaped slightly different.
So I have a 2017 vert I wonder if its the same holes or not as I really love this spoiler...thanks for more pictures!

T123456

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
So I have a 2017 vert I wonder if its the same holes or not as I really love this spoiler...thanks for more pictures!
It says 2015+

T123456

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Just to clarify, you have to drill the holes.

T123456

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Bolts. Comes with everything needed. Bought it on ebay for $249.88, took about 10 days to arrive. It comes with a rubber like material that goes under it to create a gasket so no water will into the trunk. Ignore the missing emblem, they broke it off installing the PPF and ordered a new one.

MustangBack4.jpg

MustangBack3_LI.jpg

MustangBack2_LI.jpg

MustangBack1_LI.jpg
Hey where is the GT emblem ..........?......... just kidding

Silverstone03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Anyone have an issue with paint coming up when the stock GT spoiler is removed? I had my Ford dealer remove the stock spoiler and replace it with the MMD V-series and it left small paint chips on both ends that are now visible. Nowhere did my research in advance indicate this would be the case. I watched numerous videos and read many install threads and never came up. Anyone else have this happen? Dealer doesn’t seem interested in fixing it.

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Anyone have an issue with paint coming up when the stock GT spoiler is removed? I had my Ford dealer remove the stock spoiler and replace it with the MMD V-series and it left small paint chips on both ends that are now visible. Nowhere did my research in advance indicate this would be the case. I watched numerous videos and read many install threads and never came up. Anyone else have this happen? Dealer doesn’t seem interested in fixing it.
Guessing they got impatient with removing the tape and were over aggressive with some type of tool.

Mustang Maverick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible; 2006 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Guessing they got impatient with removing the tape and were over aggressive with some type of tool.
Probably went at it with a scrapper instead of removing the double side and residue from the original spoiler.
I installed mine and took the time and used the removal tool and my drill at a reasonable speed so I would not damage the paint.

Also, used some flexseal tape to cover the original holes as well as some large rubber washers in the installation holes to try and ensure it would not leak.