99gtp

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I have just over 600 miles on mine. I get the thud when shifting to first from a stop. Along with not being able to shift the damn thing smoothly half the time (most likely thanks to the clutch spring), I have noticed some slight trans whine also. Roush axle backs overpower that noise though.

I have noticed a slight rattle? Coming from the front end after the clutch is fully engaged pulling away in first gear.

This trans makes just as many odd noises if not more than my brothers 2000 150k mile Camaro. Kinda of annoying for a brand new car...
Give it some time it will whine louder, need headers to cover it. Mine started at around 14k miles, shifts perfect though! Almost like I got straight cut gears, waiting for someone to ask me what blower im running so I can answer MT82
Sponsored

Screwdgie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT 6M
Give it some time it will whine louder, need headers to cover it. Mine started at around 14k miles, shifts perfect though! Almost like I got straight cut gears, waiting for someone to ask me what blower im running so I can answer MT82
Yea the whine doesn't bother me much. Coming from a built evo, I'm used to it lol. It's the thud and weird rattling noises that concern me more. We'll see if they get any worse by the time I take it in for my free oil change, then I may bring it up to service

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
Have you guys been able to bring this up to your Ford Dealers? If so, what have they said?

Deysha
You guys can add me to the list. I've mentioned this thudding issue in a few threads since I bought the car in February. Just noticed this thread and figured I'd mention it here.

I'm currently at about 10,500 miles on my 2015 GT Premium (non-PP, with 20" wheels and 3.55 gears) and I still get the thudding about the same as I did when I first got the car with 8 miles. I guess I've gotten so used to it that I don't notice it as much but it's definitely still there.

Deysha, while I honestly wouldn't waste my time taking it to the dealer JUST for this (Ford needs to get their dealers to provide loaner cars!!), I do need to take it in for a few other issues so I guess I might as well add this one to the list. I was originally just planning on my oil change and tire rotation but will now have them also look at:

- Why the guidance lines on my screen for my backup camera disappeared and can't be turned back on through any apparent option.

- Why I'm getting a metallic vibration/rattle coming from the rear when starting the car or even revving it once warm. Upon cold start it has the scary rhythmic pattern of valves tapping but is at the rear so I'm guessing it's just coincidence. (I did record a video of the sound happening which I'll have to figure out how to post in another thread).

- Why my driveline is thunking. (Just added!)

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
You guys can add me to the list. I've mentioned this thudding issue in a few threads since I bought the car in February. Just noticed this thread and figured I'd mention it here.

I'm currently at about 10,500 miles on my 2015 GT Premium (non-PP, with 20" wheels and 3.55 gears) and I still get the thudding about the same as I did when I first got the car with 8 miles. I guess I've gotten so used to it that I don't notice it as much but it's definitely still there.

Deysha, while I honestly wouldn't waste my time taking it to the dealer JUST for this (Ford needs to get their dealers to provide loaner cars!!), I do need to take it in for a few other issues so I guess I might as well add this one to the list. I was originally just planning on my oil change and tire rotation but will now have them also look at:

- Why the guidance lines on my screen for my backup camera disappeared and can't be turned back on through any apparent option.

- Why I'm getting a metallic vibration/rattle coming from the rear when starting the car or even revving it once warm. Upon cold start it has the scary rhythmic pattern of valves tapping but is at the rear so I'm guessing it's just coincidence. (I did record a video of the sound happening which I'll have to figure out how to post in another thread).

- Why my driveline is thunking. (Just added!)
I’m happy to get this escalated for you, MSMStannyl. Please make an appointment and PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha

notstok5.0

IG: notstok5.0
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustang6g.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot GT
Vehicle Showcase
Add me to the list. The car is about two weeks old and has done it since day one. I definitely get thud sounds but more worrisome is I'll get actually bounce back against the shifter like the transmission is sliding back. I've found the only way to help is to ride the clutch which I am not willing to do. I'll have to get it checked at some point...

Sponsored

bscn8c

Certified BADASS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I have a 2016 GT that also has this issue from 1-4 and is quite loud (I can often hear it over my FRPP Sport exhaust). Mine feels almost like the syncros aren't slowing the input shaft enough before locking into gear, which causes the gears to hit (also causing it to creep forward when shifting into 1st from a dead stop). No grinding though. I questioned this when test-driving before I ordered and was told it was normal as well.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
I have a 2016 GT that also has this issue from 1-4 and is quite loud (I can often hear it over my FRPP Sport exhaust). Mine feels almost like the syncros aren't slowing the input shaft enough before locking into gear, which causes the gears to hit (also causing it to creep forward when shifting into 1st from a dead stop). No grinding though. I questioned this when test-driving before I ordered and was told it was normal as well.
That sucks, i was hoping that these issues would've been fixed on the 16's . :tsk:

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Add me to the list. The car is about two weeks old and has done it since day one. I definitely get thud sounds but more worrisome is I'll get actually bounce back against the shifter like the transmission is sliding back. I've found the only way to help is to ride the clutch which I am not willing to do. I'll have to get it checked at some point...
Deysha, please add me to the list too.
Be sure to make appointments with your Ford Dealers to get them checked out, guys. Then, PM me with your VINs, dealers, mileage, full names, and best daytime numbers and I’ll get them escalated for you.

Deysha

imissmy2j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
MThud82

Gearbox was 100% silent when left the lot 2 weeks ago, now same exact thing as everyone else. 800 miles on the car and nothing but horrible service either at the dealer or at the customer service line.

To all the people that deem it "normal" - kudos, this is the reason why Ford, among others, will continue delivering subpar cars.

Will keep everyone posted on progress/ lack thereof.

Extremely disappointed in lack of quality control, lack of customer care, etc. This is almost $40k for crying out loud.

ridenfish39

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT PP
MThud82

Gearbox was 100% silent when left the lot 2 weeks ago, now same exact thing as everyone else. 800 miles on the car and nothing but horrible service either at the dealer or at the customer service line.

To all the people that deem it "normal" - kudos, this is the reason why Ford, among others, will continue delivering subpar cars.

Will keep everyone posted on progress/ lack thereof.

Extremely disappointed in lack of quality control, lack of customer care, etc. This is almost $40k for crying out loud.
I and others don't thinks it's ''normal''.....it is just what every dealer will tell you. I have tried to work with 5 different dealerships with my 2 Mustangs and they are all horrible. I love the car but it has it's issues, I should have learned my lesson from my 12 that was a dud but I didn't. Dealers told me a quart of oil every 1000 miles was normal consumption

Sponsored

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
ouch, i would go thru 7.5 quarts in between oil changes if that was the case.

after 14000 miles, my car has consumed 1.5 quarts, and most of it was probably in the first 3k miles. since my first 7500 oil change, my oil is still at the middle of the dipstick, and im at 14000 now.

ridenfish39

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT PP
ouch, i would go thru 7.5 quarts in between oil changes if that was the case.

after 14000 miles, my car has consumed 1.5 quarts, and most of it was probably in the first 3k miles. since my first 7500 oil change, my oil is still at the middle of the dipstick, and im at 14000 now.
It was ridiculous. The car ran like a beast though til I traded it at 45k miles. Sometimes if I was hard on it I would lose a quart in 800 miles. It also had the clutch pack go bad in the diff, 2 o2 sensors go bad (wondering if they got fouled up from all the oil blow by), had the cold start light throttle piston rattle (that the dealer told me was normal LOL) and other problems.
The only issue with my 15 is some slight body panel alignment problems (which I can live with) and the ''thud''. It doesn't bother me at all, and the trans shifts like butter even at high rpm. I just wonder about it's longevity.....

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
i thought ford was good for longevity. they are "built ford tough" they say.

it just sucks when someone has a legitimate issue and ford refuses to acknowledge and fix it. i'm referring to the few with the coyote oil consumption and ticking issues.

this "thud" issue doesn't concern me one bit. i've had a lot of manual cars in the past and most if not all have some sort of noise to accompany it. i'm pretty sure the manuals in my bimmers were getrag as well, and that was before they had a factory in china, lol

John S.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Performance Pack
Be sure to make appointments with your Ford Dealers to get them checked out, guys. Then, PM me with your VINs, dealers, mileage, full names, and best daytime numbers and I’ll get them escalated for you.

Deysha
Deysha, We now have 28 pages of complaints from mustang owners about this thud. Everyone is being told it is normal. I for one and very disappointed in a $40k car that sounds like it has the transmission out of a 20 year old dump truck. What exactly is happening when you "escalate" these cases? It still seems as though Ford doesn't care. They have rubber stamped it as normal so what is really being done? Seems like absolutely nothing to me.

imissmy2j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Deysha, We now have 28 pages of complaints from mustang owners about this thud. Everyone is being told it is normal. I for one and very disappointed in a $40k car that sounds like it has the transmission out of a 20 year old dump truck. What exactly is happening when you "escalate" these cases? It still seems as though Ford doesn't care. They have rubber stamped it as normal so what is really being done? Seems like absolutely nothing to me.
Thank you.
Case number 7822194
Case escalated, customer service line called, etc.
Phone call back , identical vehicle has identical noises and your handbrake lever is supposed to wobble like that. That is normal vehicle operation. Case dismissed.

28000 views on a topic isn't enough, obviously. God, I should've have known better and gotten a slow ass z or sti.:ford:
Sponsored