Mantic clutch is EXCELLENT!

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all.
My stock clutch had a disagreement with the Whipple and the Whipple won.
Installed a Mantic cerametallic twin plate and it is BETTER than stock.
No chatter. Excellent pedal feel and weight.
It even has a slightly longer engagement stroke, making it easier to slip it when needed.
Can’t recommend it highly enough.
I’ll be sure to report back if there’s any dramas with it.
Cheers.
Sponsored

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
I've only heard great things about Mantic. Should be great at that price

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I've only heard great things about Mantic. Should be great at that price
Yes, it looks quite expensive over there in the US.
It’s not exactly cheap here in Australia either really but the price is certainly a little friendlier.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Time for an update.
The clutch has developed a VERY mild shudder on take off in first, particularly when using no throttle (parking lots and stuff). It’s not getting better or worse.
It’s not bad, it’s just not EXACTLY OEM. I’m quite sure there are clutches out there that perform much worse than this.
Not complaining, just saying.

Sponsored

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Burkey, what you’re feeling is totally normal and you will feel that from time to time in first gear only. From the Mantic ceramitalics I’ve installed, they have always started clean in first gear for the first couple hundred miles and then revert to that mild chatter. You should never feel that in 2nd and up. As you know I was running the Mantic organic and that was to avoid any chatter at all especially since I dd the car and that means traffic and plenty of first gear on and off. I have plenty of history in my earlier years with non-organic clutches which were far worse than today’s offerings. No doubt any of the metallic versions out there regardless of brand are great for all types of track and high horsepower but we have to deal with the nvh that can follow. It goes without saying though, there are plenty of people on this forum running ceramic style clutches and are happy with that bit of chatter and I get it.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
pedal feel... these are hydraulically actuated.
Just like brakes are, yet by some miracle, you have a certain level of feel though the pedal...
Ok, I probably should’ve phrased it better.
How about “the clutch has a nice progressive feel about it, rather than operating like a hair-trigger”

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Burkey, what you’re feeling is totally normal and you will feel that from time to time in first gear only. From the Mantic ceramitalics I’ve installed, they have always started clean in first gear for the first couple hundred miles and then revert to that mild chatter. You should never feel that in 2nd and up. As you know I was running the Mantic organic and that was to avoid any chatter at all especially since I dd the car and that means traffic and plenty of first gear on and off. I have plenty of history in my earlier years with non-organic clutches which were far worse than today’s offerings. No doubt any of the metallic versions out there regardless of brand are great for all types of track and high horsepower but we have to deal with the nvh that can follow. It goes without saying though, there are plenty of people on this forum running ceramic style clutches and are happy with that bit of chatter and I get it.
For sure.
It’s not like it’s “bad”. It really is barely perceptible and in the scheme of performance clutches it’s really is pretty damn good. I know people who’ve gone in other directions (Not always cheaper) only to pull them out and go Mantic.
If you want OEM, buy OEM. Simple :crazy:

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
I'm considering the cerametalic for my 2018 with a whipple. I was also toying with doing the mantic organic even though I'm above their rated wheel torque for that clutch (they say 500 wheel, I'm at 600 wheel, for now). I love the smooth factory engagement and I would imagine it would hold onto 800-900 hp once it's clamped since my stock clutch can do it (for now) for WOT and dyno tuning.

It would probably self destruct trying to do a burn out I think though with sticky tires, or st least that's my fear. What's your experience been with that mantic organic clutch so far?

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm considering the cerametalic for my 2018 with a whipple. I was also toying with doing the mantic organic even though I'm above their rated wheel torque for that clutch (they say 500 wheel, I'm at 600 wheel, for now). I love the smooth factory engagement and I would imagine it would hold onto 800-900 hp once it's clamped since my stock clutch can do it (for now) for WOT and dyno tuning.

It would probably self destruct trying to do a burn out I think though with sticky tires, or st least that's my fear. What's your experience been with that mantic organic clutch so far?
I’m running the cerametallic...
The organic “might” hold the power. I really can’t comment on what it may or may not be capable of.

Sponsored

VTR16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 400A PP MT82

I’d buy one of each and be everyone’s guinea pig. Just imagine the appreciation :flag:

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual

VTR16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 400A PP MT82

I miss Texas.

:flag:
You’re welcome back but leave those horrid temps up there with you. Pretty sure -25 will grenade any clutch material lol

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
I’m running the cerametallic...
The organic “might” hold the power. I really can’t comment on what it may or may not be capable of.
I'm in the middle of installing my 2018 Mantic cerametallic right now - I'll let you know how it pans out. They didn't put flywheel bolts in the package or a throwout bearing. Apparently those aren't going to be in the kit at $2400 for 2018's... wasn't super excited about finding that out when I opened the box. Sounds like the 15-17 comes with a lot more for a good bit less. I'm still excited to see how it feels and holds after break in!

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
Interestingly enough - for those having the debate over whether the sprung hub clutch option is worth a $1200 premium over say a McLeod RXT or not - it appears the stock clutch is solid hub design.

Its got a snap/lock ring keeping it assembled as a unit from the factory and goes in and out as an assembly. I wasn't expecting that, but it sure made removal simple in case I decide to reinstall it some day!

Just more info for those trying to decide.

My stock clutch after 2500 miles and about 1200 of them whipple powered. It looks to be just fine but I wasn't on sticky tires and I've never done a burn out in it. So with clutch engaged power pulls it seems like a pretty stout piece. Its definitely heavy that's for sure!

908F9AFE-8672-4B92-87D4-DA6FAFB2C994.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: