Sponsored

making the mt82 better

Temovic55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 2014, ROUSH II 2018
Vehicle Showcase
I'm on similar combo of ( MGW X -SPEC + Mcloed RST + FR pilot bearings ) and haven't changed my fluid with the motul gear competition 75w140 yet but I'm hoping it will enhance it further more.
I've never encounter any lock out even shifting @8000 rpm!
Sponsored

Last edited:

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I honestly don’t feel this is an issue. If it’s a big deal, buy a tremec car or any other platform with a Tremec, BorgWarner, whatever.

Much like any mass produced item there are variances. That’s just how it is. Things like a better shifter, fluid and bushings all help.

Mine is whiny, kinda like some on this forum but it’ll still do the job and I’ll have to say that most missed shifts on track(where it matters) is due to user error.

Yes there are more refined boxes out there but there are all becoming endangered species. I would suggest enjoying the ride while it still exists or putting more money down for something that fits your preferences. Just my .02

Last edited:

JFBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Anecdotal from my side, but the MT-82 in my 2013 Boss 302 was horrible. Even with a shifter. Refused to shift above 7000rpm on maybe 30% of the shifts.

Haven't missed a shift in the D4 in my Bullitt though, even with the stock shifter.

I wouldn't worry about it to be honest. I don't think the newer ones deserve the reputation from the first iterations. Just put a shifter on it like others have said.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
I do have a 2017 MT82 car. And in 4 years of ownership I fixed oil leaks from it twice,
Why was your MT82 responsible for an oil leak?

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Why was your MT82 responsible for an oil leak?
because it's leaking oil from it :?

First time was the known issue with breather stuck open (this requires taking the trans out to fix),
Second time was shift selector bearing leaking oil all over my trans brace cheap fix but annoying.
MT82 is a piece of shit and we all know that.

Sponsored

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
because it's leaking oil from it :?

First time was the known issue with breather stuck open (this requires taking the trans out to fix),
Second time was shift selector bearing leaking oil all over my trans brace cheap fix but annoying.
MT82 is a piece of shit and we all know that.
I want to understand how a transmission problem causes a motor oil leak. I'm curious - that's all.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I want to understand how a transmission problem causes a motor oil leak. I'm curious - that's all.
not a motor oil leak a transmission oil leak you know the transmission do have oil in it right ?
Sponsored