Sponsored

Magnetic Gray Aftermarket Wheel Photos

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Please post your magnetic gray 350 with your wheel setup. I can't decide on what I want to go with and could use a lot of your help.
Sponsored

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Please post your magnetic gray 350 with your wheel setup. I can't decide on what I want to go with and could use a lot of your help.
whats your budget if you have one?

OP
OP
NoXiDe

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
No budget, I just want to add some color so preferably not black wheels so the magnetic gray will pop during the day along with the wheel set.
SV 701 is what I was thinking

Last edited:

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
No budget, I just want to add some color so preferably not black wheels so the magnetic gray will pop during the day along with the wheel set.
SVE 701 is what I was thinking
DId you mean SV701? If so Thats one of my favorites.

Check out this post by @50 Deep. Its not a 350 but same color and several options.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/signature-wheelā€™s-gt500-adventures.125598/page-36#post-2888400

in my opinion, those brushed bronze finishes really look amazing on magnetic

OP
OP
NoXiDe

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
image.png

image.png

image.png

SV 701 is a beautiful wheel. I'm just having a hard time with the wheel color choices and being satisfied with the color combo. Truth be told, the only reason I'm in the market for a wheel set is these would be for the summer running pilot cup 2 and OEM running NT555G2 during the winter. Maybe, I'm overthinking it and it may not be too much of a PITA to just swap the tires out once in the spring and once in the winter every year?

Sponsored

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
lol I would say it wouldnā€™t be too much but then again Iā€™m planning on having a winter set myself to avoid swapping tires. Really depends on your trust in your wheel/tire guy. I vote to have two separate sets. Peace of mind too that you have another wheel in case anything were to happen on the road.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
If you donā€™t trust your tire guy to do a good job, go somewhere else.
Even if you have two sets of wheels for summer and winter, youā€™ll still need to eventually have tires replaced. Like when you order wheels and have tires mounted
I here you though, some are very heavy handed and not to concerned about messing up your nice wheels.
I have a very good relationship with a few tire stores because of my work. When something ā€œspecialā€ comes in they put their best guys on it or management does the job.
Just make your concerns known without being ā€œthat guyā€ and see how they respond. My work truck gets different attention than my family vehicles.

OP
OP
NoXiDe

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I have no issues going to my discount tire guy. They work with carbon fiber wheels. However, there is always a risk involved right? I was actually thinking of the inconvenience/process of having to swap my tires out.

Copied from online:
An Extra Set of Wheels: Pros
Many people who live in wintry regions of the country buy an extra set of steel wheels for their car and have snow tires permanently mounted on these wheels. If you choose this option, it means that twice a year you'll jack up your car or truck and swap out the entire wheel and tire assembly, one assembly at a time. The main benefit of doing this is cost and convenience. It doesn't cost anything to swap them out yourself, and you won't have to spend an hour or more in the tire shop waiting room while a technician swaps out your tires.

An Extra Set of Wheels: Cons
The downside to buying four whole wheel/tire assemblies is the initial cost. Additionally, if you're not mechanically inclined and/or don't want to jack up your car and mount them yourself, you'll need to find a way to transport all four assemblies to a tire shop, then pay for a service person to mount them. You'll also need enough space in a garage or shed to store the wheel/tire assemblies during the summer months. Finally, some people argue that since you only get a few seasons out of snow tires anyway, the cost of buying a whole new assembly every couple years or even every year will quickly add up.

Scoobs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MG GT350 sold, 2019 MG GT350R KR569
I have no issues going to my discount tire guy. They work with carbon fiber wheels. However, there is always a risk involved right? I was actually thinking of the inconvenience/process of having to swap my tires out.

Copied from online:
An Extra Set of Wheels: Pros
Many people who live in wintry regions of the country ...

An Extra Set of Wheels: Cons
The downside to buying four whole wheel/tire assemblies ... Finally, some people argue that since you only get a few seasons out of snow tires anyway, the cost of buying a whole new assembly every couple years or even every year will quickly add up.
LOL you get more than a "few seasons" or a " couple years " out of WINTER tires ( who says SNOW tires any more ? ) unless you are the driver who drives around on them after the temps have gone up over 45 F and you burn them up. Most Michelin winter tires are rated for 6 years or 30,000 to 40,0000 miles depending on the tire model.

Sponsored
OP
OP
NoXiDe

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
LOL you get more than a "few seasons" or a " couple years " out of WINTER tires ( who says SNOW tires any more ? ) unless you are the driver who drives around on them after the temps have gone up over 45 F and you burn them up. Most Michelin winter tires are rated for 6 years or 30,000 to 40,0000 miles depending on the tire model.
Sorry, I was really lazy when I posted that. The only relevant parts of the pros and cons were the processes. My winter set will still see some spirited driving but I'd like to keep the pilot cup compound above 60*.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
( who says SNOW tires any more ? )
Up here in the sticks (Northern New England) we call them Snows.

Ex. ā€œDamn, itā€™s July 4th and supposed to get up to 50 today, got to get the Snows off.ā€

Ex. 2 ā€œDamn, itā€™s Labor Day and itā€™s supposed to snow, got to get the Snows on.ā€ :like: