OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
Anyone running the MF Comp axle backs? I love the sound but am hoping the suitcase left in place can take out some of the MF Droooooone ?
Sponsored

BBB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Premium GT Poverty Snack
Anyone running the MF Comp axle backs? I love the sound but am hoping the suitcase left in place can take out some of the MF Droooooone ?
There's only a bit of drone at 65 in 6th with my CB, other than that it's awesome. I would buy it again

JoshMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2003 Mach 1, 64.5 Coupe
I made my own similar setup. Used Magnaflow Magnapack mufflers and 4" tips. Has quite a bit of drone at 55-70 mph in 6th. I DD the car and I'm tired of it, gonna replace it with another setup.

DanDglassman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Deep Impact Blue
I have the full cat back and had to work on the drone. Sixth gear was bad. I dynamatted the trunk, spare tire well, and inside fenders. I then layered Home Depot denim insulation across all of the inside surfaces. One additional layer under the trunk mat and I am now a happy camper. It took the edge off of the drone and made it bearable.

I went in a little more detail in post 13 of this thread: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41903

texag70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Prem
Have it on my 15 GT for a year now. It's deep and sounds great. Only have 4300 miles on the Pony but I believe the system has broken in and the sound is slightly tamer. Haven't had an issue with drone. The 4" tips look great.

Sponsored

MagnaFlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
Our complete systems usually have little to no drone. Drone tends to occur more when people put our universal mufflers on a custom exhaust setup which isn't optimized for that muffler sizing/placement.

The Comp axleback is great for daily driving, and gives you a big improvement in tone!

Last edited:

Beachfun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Airbus A380
I have the Magnaflow Competition Axle back on my 2016 and love the deep deep base sound!

Question .. Has anyone had just the axle backs and then gone on to fit an "H" Pipe as well?
I know it's going to get louder
But what I would like to know is... do you loose any of the deep base tone or does it get even deeper??
Many thanks

Last edited:

XDsm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I have the AB on my daily. 95% of driving there is no drone. The only time I have got drone was going up slight grades during highway cruising in 6th gear. Outside of that, the exhaust sounds great. I wanted a deep, non-raspy tone and that's what it delivers.
Sponsored