Made the move to Florida!

TruBlue16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT w/PP
A couple weeks back my wife and myself packed up all our stuff into a 26 ft Penske truck, loaded my stang onto a trailer and made the 1200 mile journey from Chicago to Florida to start a new chapter in life. The drive through the mountains of Tennessee was much more harrowing than we anticipated but we made it w/o any issue at all and not a mark on the stang thank God! I would never do that again though lol. Anyways we've almost gotten settled into our new place now and I have my garage/man-cave mostly setup so here's a couple pics :cheers:

Sponsored

Gigantor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Nice man cave! When I relocated from NJ to AZ, I shipped my F-150 by car carrier.

Epic journey indeed

bbrilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP, 2010 WRX, 1971 BMW 2002
Welcome to sunny FLA. Enjoy the time of year and no snow. I've been down here for 25 years and don't regret a thing. By the way those huge flying roaches are called Palmetto bugs. Your wife will love them. :D

OP
OP
TruBlue16

TruBlue16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT w/PP
Nice man cave! When I relocated from NJ to AZ, I shipped my F-150 by car carrier.

Epic journey indeed
I considered having the stang shipped but just couldn't bring myself to trust anyone else with it.

Welcome to sunny FLA. Enjoy the time of year and no snow. I've been down here for 25 years and don't regret a thing. By the way those huge flying roaches are called Palmetto bugs. Your wife will love them. :D
Yes looking forward to no snow and sitting around in shorts in January! haha Not looking forward to hearing the screams after she sees the flying roaches though :lol:

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I live in S/W Florida,trust me if you live in central Florida,you AREN"T going to be sitting around in shorts in January,I have lived in SOUTH Florida for 16 years, and I have seen frost in January.If you want it warm in the winter, you moved to the WRONG part of Florida.:doh:

Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I just did the same thing last week. Moved back to Florida from South Dakota with a 26' Penske truck and car carrier. Over 1900 miles. Yep going thru the mountains of Tenn was fun. Glad to be back in FLA with the stang. Came back just in time for hurricane Matthew :doh: Much crazier drivers here than in SD :headbonk: My car is lowered 1" so getting in and out of the car on the carrier was a pain in the ass. Door would hit the inner fender of the carrier.

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I moved down from IN to Orlando last December, and have loved every minute of it! Car season year around :)

Welcome!

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
gotta feel great to get out of chicago! welcome to the south. enjoy the heat and hurricanes lol

Sponsored

Blue 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
welcome to the sunshine state.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Welcome!

What part, specifically?

Also, nice garage!

OP
OP
TruBlue16

TruBlue16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT w/PP
Welcome!

What part, specifically?

Also, nice garage!
Thanks! We are in Parrish south of Tampa in a beautiful little gated community. Feels like i'm on permanent vacation now haha :thumbsup:

I will need to swing by your shop sometime for sure!