Made a custom grille for my 2018 Mustang

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
Gentlemen ... Since you are discussing 2018/19 Mustang grilles, I would like to ask a couple of questions. I have a 2019 Mustang w/PP2 on order w/an ETA late October. On arrival, I am planning on having the dealer install the Bullitt grille (upper & lower). From what I have seen, non-Bullitt Mustangs come w/a flat black grille (upper & lower) & gloss rear panel. Is this a correct statement? And the photos I have seen of the new Bullitt appear to show a gloss rear panel AND grille. Again, is this correct? Also, has anyone seen the upper Bullitt grille up close? If so, is the chrome strip removable? And, if so, how "damaged' does it look sans the chrome strip? Thank you for your assistance.
I wouldn’t recommend trying to remove that chrome trim from the ‘19 Bullitt grille. And the grille’s finish is more of a semi-gloss, I don’t think it looks matte at all.
Sponsored

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I wouldn’t recommend trying to remove that chrome trim from the ‘19 Bullitt grille. And the grille’s finish is more of a semi-gloss, I don’t think it looks matte at all.
Your description is much more concise. Semi-gloss just wasn't bouncing around the 'grey matter' at that point in time. Will most likely just have the dealer paint the upper grille to visually eliminate the chrome strip.

One more question ... I notice that the Bullitt fenders are 5.0 emblem-less. And, the other day, I noticed an S550 (sorry, but cannot confirm year) sans fender emblems & no holes. I know that the 5.0 emblems on the 2018/19 GT have an adhesive (versus retaining clip), but are there locating holes in the fenders also?

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Your description is much more concise. Semi-gloss just wasn't bouncing around the 'grey matter' at that point in time. Will most likely just have the dealer paint the upper grille to visually eliminate the chrome strip.

One more question ... I notice that the Bullitt fenders are 5.0 emblem-less. And, the other day, I noticed an S550 (sorry, but cannot confirm year) sans fender emblems & no holes. I know that the 5.0 emblems on the 2018/19 GT have an adhesive (versus retaining clip), but are there locating holes in the fenders also?
Yes they have locating holes and a double sided tape.

OP
OP

myjaja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
How did you do the upper grill? Love that it matches the lower. Very clean factory look.
Just got an oem grille delete and purchased a honeycomb mesh off of ebay then I painted the mesh gloss black.

Sponsored

OP
OP

myjaja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Yes they have locating holes and a double sided tape.
Thank you!!! I now know that the 5.0 & GT emblems will be replaced w/flat black ones & the Bullitt grille(s) will be painted to match the rear tail light panel ... "As long as the collar & cuffs match" ... right? :sunglasses:

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I wouldn’t recommend trying to remove that chrome trim from the 2019 Bullitt grille. And the grille’s finish is more of a semi-gloss, I don’t think it looks matte at all.
OK, I have my PP2 & the Bullitt upper & lower grilles are in place. Removing the chrome trim, tho tricky, is not impossible. You just have to be careful not to break off any of the mounting studs (for lack of a better word). I merely instructed the dealership to match the grille paint ... which they did by buffing down the 'chrome' & shooting it. It came out a perfect match. I also had the emblems painted the same color as the PP2 wheels ... "dark tarnish". It's very subtle, but that is the look I was going for. The painted Bullitt grille is (IMO) spectacular. Visually, it gives the car a wider, lower & more ominous look. I would gladly provide pics, but I just can't figure out how to do it on this site. Sorry. :frown:

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Had issues with cervinis so I went with a different route. Lower grille is from the bullitt mustang. Looks good?
20180911_134620.jpg
20180911_134759.jpg
20180911_135219.jpg

Edit: New pic! Blacked out the crash bar inside and new smoked out vinyl for the turn signals
20180918_180507.jpg
Looks great!

Sponsored

SVOBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 301A A10, Steeda Stop The Hop, Minimum drop springs, Pro action shocks and struts, UPR Vertical Links, spherical bearings, Steeda Xpipe , VMP Odin 88 MM pulley, Lund Tuned
Vehicle Showcase
Had issues with cervinis so I went with a different route. Lower grille is from the bullitt mustang. Looks good?
20180911_134620.jpg
20180911_134759.jpg
20180911_135219.jpg

Edit: New pic! Blacked out the crash bar inside and new smoked out vinyl for the turn signals
20180918_180507.jpg
looks great. do they sell just the lower?

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
OK, I have my PP2 & the Bullitt upper & lower grilles are in place. Removing the chrome trim, tho tricky, is not impossible. You just have to be careful not to break off any of the mounting studs (for lack of a better word). I merely instructed the dealership to match the grille paint ... which they did by buffing down the 'chrome' & shooting it. It came out a perfect match. I also had the emblems painted the same color as the PP2 wheels ... "dark tarnish". It's very subtle, but that is the look I was going for. The painted Bullitt grille is (IMO) spectacular. Visually, it gives the car a wider, lower & more ominous look. I would gladly provide pics, but I just can't figure out how to do it on this site. Sorry. :frown:
Any pics?