Sponsored

Made a custom grille for my 2018 Mustang

myjaja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
Had issues with cervinis so I went with a different route. Lower grille is from the bullitt mustang. Looks good?
20180911_134620.jpg
20180911_134759.jpg
20180911_135219.jpg

Edit: New pic! Blacked out the crash bar inside and new smoked out vinyl for the turn signals
20180918_180507.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Weasel1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Looks good to me!

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
Can't tell, but are a lot of those holes on the bottom grill still plugged up? Or are they open? Only thing I would've done maybe (lotta work though) is open up the entire honeycomb. Probably changing out my lower grill at some point. Upper isn't too bad but I need to open up all the holes.

boos550t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GT PP Old : 2017 Base GT PP 2015 EB Premium PP @ismgt
Looks great

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
Can't tell, but are a lot of those holes on the bottom grill still plugged up? Or are they open? Only thing I would've done maybe (lotta work though) is open up the entire honeycomb. Probably changing out my lower grill at some point. Upper isn't too bad but I need to open up all the holes.
There’s a reason Ford has holes blocked off on the GTs and GT350s

Sponsored

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
Looks good! The Cervinis upper and lower combo is on my list. What issue did you have with them?

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
It is to reduce drag to squeeze more MPGs. The very open RTR grills I had on my 15 reduced IATs significantly. Here in Texas that is more important to me than a very slight improvement in drag coefficient.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
It is to reduce drag to squeeze more MPGs. The very open RTR grills I had on my 15 reduced IATs significantly. Here in Texas that is more important to me than a very slight improvement in drag coefficient.
Drag doesn't just hurt mileage, it hurts acceleration and top speed too.

OP
OP

myjaja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
Most of them are covered, as I saw it a pain to open them up or changing the mesh out.

Looks good! The Cervinis upper and lower combo is on my list. What issue did you have with them?
I made a thread about it if you want to read why. At the end, I resorted to paypal to get a refund.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/dont-buy-directly-from-cervini-rant.109517/

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Most of them are covered, as I saw it a pain to open them up or changing the mesh out.
Instead of cutting the back out of each individual "cell", you can just grind thru the backside for all the cells in an area. Those cells will be a little shallower that way, but its black and in shadows so nobody will notice.

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
Drag doesn't just hurt mileage, it hurts acceleration and top speed too.
It does, but I don't think it will make a big difference in speeds most people will hit. The 200 mph GT500 came with a grill delete because heat was a bigger enemy than drag (I know the blower makes it a bigger issue). In some places it may not be as big of a factor but in the hot South temps really climb and timing starts to get pulled making less power.

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Gentlemen ... Since you are discussing 2018/19 Mustang grilles, I would like to ask a couple of questions. I have a 2019 Mustang w/PP2 on order w/an ETA late October. On arrival, I am planning on having the dealer install the Bullitt grille (upper & lower). From what I have seen, non-Bullitt Mustangs come w/a flat black grille (upper & lower) & gloss rear panel. Is this a correct statement? And the photos I have seen of the new Bullitt appear to show a gloss rear panel AND grille. Again, is this correct? Also, has anyone seen the upper Bullitt grille up close? If so, is the chrome strip removable? And, if so, how "damaged' does it look sans the chrome strip? Thank you for your assistance.
Sponsored