Mach 1 or GT350…

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
from the numbers it looks like it responds really well to boost. either whipple or twins they make big numbers. the risk is probably the same as the coyote but the downside is if it goes, you empty the bank account repairing it.
I spoke with Gary Patterson, of Shelby Americas about this topic, last year at Mustang Week. He said "they love boost, but it is a short term investment in power and a long term investment in rebuilding or replacing a voodoo engine".
Sponsored

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
it is more risk to boost a vodoo because it is a $20k engine. end of story.

Hoose71

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
84, 13, 13, 21, 22 Mustangs, 72 Nova Rally
I was thinking more about stuff like the hollow valves, the already high compression and the rpms that a supercharger would have to reach because of the top heavy torque curve and high redline on the Voodoo. But yeah, $20k is a pretty big risk by itself.

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer
If going forced induction I would definitely go mach 1

Coyote just too much of a proven motor on boost

I know voodoo makes power on boost but to me that's not the point of a gt350

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
... the bottom is going to drop out on the GT350 market soon...

Can I borrow your crystal ball when you're done with it? Have a couple things I'd like to look in to 🤣

Sponsored

scd603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I'm an outlier who hates alcantara. The GT350 recaros, aside from being alcantara, which is a TERRIBLE material for all practical purposes, the bolsters are more aggressive in the 350. Makes long trips much more nagging and you end up with swamp ass and trucker nuts from your legs being forced together for hours on end. That and getting in/out of the car wears on the left bolster. I actually favor the "regular" recaros which to me are the perfect balance of stationary security but not to the extreme of the 350 recaros. That and I wanted leather.

Alcantara is one of those materials that briefs well on paper. It looks great in brochures and on test drives, but if you use the car a lot, it's awful. The steering wheel mats down from oil and sweat off your hands (I couldn't tell if it was dye or gunk coming out, but shampooing mine yielded black nastiness). The black alcantara is just like carpet in that it shows EVERYTHING, so you constantly have to clean/vacuum it if you're an OCD type person. And it just doesn't hold up to wear like leather. Yeah, it feels luxurious and looks cool, but the automotive industry has had a century to figure out which materials are best and that's why leather is widely used and alcantara is not. If it's an exotic car that you drive 1000 miles a year, it makes sense. If you drive 15,000 miles a year and get in and out of it often, not so much.

Anyway, I prefer the regular/FRPP Recaros. But admittedly, I'm a very minor minority in that area. I actually swapped my steering wheel for leather as well.
I'm with you. I replaced my Alcantra seats in my GT350 with Katskins. At some point I'll do the steering wheel too. My tainted view is it is marketing hype for microfiber cloth.

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
I'm with you. I replaced my Alcantra seats in my GT350 with Katskins. At some point I'll do the steering wheel too. My tainted view is it is marketing hype for microfiber cloth.
TBH I don't think it's even a minority view, or at least not a significant one. Alcantara is pretty terrible for daily use, and there are better synthetics if grip is your goal

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
I never owned the leather seats, but whenever I sit in one, I always felt them the least practical out of the three (cloth, alcantara, leather). They were hot in hot, cold in cold, slippery with cloths on and sticky with cloths off ;). And I am not even talking about wear and tear. I never understood why anyone would want them in their car.

Incidentally, when visiting my dealer, I was "test sitting" one GT with premium leather seats and was disappointed. Then I test drove another GT (the first one was not for a test driving, but had a manual) with alcantara seats, which were, at least here, only available in GT and in "Sport package", and if they were available for Mach 1 I would optioned them in a heartbeat. They were perfect. I could not even choose the cloth seats as Ford decided that leather is all we want here.

Sponsored
OP
OP

BrakeFade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E39 M5, '21 CFTP GT500
Can I borrow your crystal ball when you're done with it? Have a couple things I'd like to look in to 🤣
That’s one reason I’ve been so delayed in pulling the trigger. Most 350’s are selling near their original sticker, ‘20’s with low miles are going $5k over, minimum.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
That’s one reason I’ve been so delayed in pulling the trigger. Most 350’s are selling near their original sticker, ‘20’s with low miles are going $5k over, minimum.
Nobody can say with any certainty what is going to happen, or how soon - everything is jacked up right now.

Is a low miles, practically new '19 or '20 GT350 worth the sticker price? I happen to think so. Something else to consider: the clock is already ticking on those GT350s - if you want to enjoy it with a factory warranty don't wait around too long. Get an ESP to extend the warranty out a few years, call it good and enjoy the car.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Get an ESP to extend the warranty out a few years, call it good and enjoy the car.
This was one of the several reasons that I waited for the Mach 1 instead of buying a used GT350 - I called to arrange for an ESP and was told it wasn’t available for Shelby’s anymore.

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer
This was one of the several reasons that I waited for the Mach 1 instead of buying a used GT350 - I called to arrange for an ESP and was told it wasn’t available for Shelby’s anymore.
That's not correct. I just bought an ESP for my 19 gt350r few months ago... did 84 months 48k miles

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
I think you got bad info
Sponsored