Sponsored

Machman23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Premium Mach 1 6-Speed with Recaros
Early morning downhill POV driving my 2023 Mach 1 6-speed non-HP with Recaros.

Also, the FPRS Mach 1 School was an absolute blast. I had no idea Motor Speedway was such a great road course!

HL9A0483.jpg

HL9A0121 (1).jpg
Sponsored

VVG_MACH-1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach-1 HP
Looks like a fun road to just hit it hard!

Side note, where did you get your wheel? Do they have heated options (I love the heated wheel early in the morning)

Keep rowing those gears!!

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec

Also, the FPRS Mach 1 School was an absolute blast. I had no idea Motor Speedway was such a great road course!

HL9A0483.jpg

HL9A0121 (1).jpg
Man, I loved your downhill video and thank you for posting it!

Great bit of ā€œspiritedā€ driving too!

Cant believe you didnā€™t encounter another single vehicle going either direction.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I used to drive from Signal Moutain Tn to Dunlap every day. I made it a point to keep it in my lane also. We didn't have video cameras back then.

OP
OP
Machman23

Machman23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I used to drive from Signal Moutain Tn to Dunlap every day. I made it a point to keep it in my lane also. We didn't have video cameras back then.
Yeah, as quick as I'm driving, it is still only 7/8 10ths. I'm obviously okay with risk for myself but not for other people. I've also come around a few corners to various animals and if I was moving at track speed, I wouldn't be able to stop.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Machman23

Machman23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Man, I loved your downhill video and thank you for posting it!

Great bit of ā€œspiritedā€ driving too!

Cant believe you didnā€™t encounter another single vehicle going either direction.
There is a highway that runs mostly parallel to this road so the only people that drive it are locals. This is also at 5-6 am. I do this cruise every weekend, and many times I won't see another soul.

OP
OP
Machman23

Machman23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Side note, where did you get your wheel? Do they have heated options (I love the heated wheel early in the morning)
Ugh, no heat on it unforunately. There are a few heated options but they are relatively expensive. The wheel is: ACCELATEC Steering Wheel Perforated Black Leather Black Stitching Red Stripe Mustang 2018-2023. I bought it from CJ pony parts (not affiliated).

The wheel is great for spirited driving but might be a little too aggressive for daily driving. The rim is considerably thicker than the stock wheel, and grips extend out pretty far.

At the risk of oversharing, I didn't have much choice. I have a neurological disease which can make gripping certain steering wheels painful and unfortunately the stock wheel was one of them so I swapped it out immediately.

Onewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Posting video on public forums of driving 100+ MPH on public roads with 45 MPH speed limit. That could come back to bite you in a major way.

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6

HL9A0483.jpg

HL9A0121 (1).jpg
These cars are such a blast. The money I saved from not going to amusement parks was worth it. Thanks for the video.

Last edited:

First Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach1
Thank you for sharing. Most likely just as fun going uphill as well. Do you have one of those ā€˜deerā€™ whistles to ward off game? Maybe leaving it in track mode is plenty enough of a warning. Your car was made for that road. Happy to know someone out there is having a blast!

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
OP
OP
Machman23

Machman23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for sharing. Most likely just as fun going uphill as well. Do you have one of those ā€˜deerā€™ whistles to ward off game? Maybe leaving it in track mode is plenty enough of a warning. Your car was made for that road. Happy to know someone out there is having a blast!
I don't. I actually put the exhaust in sport mode for the sake of the locals but that is seemingly loud enough. The few deer I've encountered are always aware of me when I come by. I had a pretty funny encounter with one that turned completely around to watch me as I drove by slowly while we made eye contact. Felt like it could have been an advertisement for the car.

That said, I have come around these corners with game in the road, and I haven't had an issue stopping. And the uphill is fun but a good bit slower as I occasionally encounter traffic so I keep a slower pace.
Sponsored