RobZ71LM7

RobZ71LM7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 F-150
I don’t get what you mean all this work? It’s spoiler, splitter, fender molding, springs and a sway bar. The actual HP parts were installed in a weekend (minus the spoiler and splitter), the rest are upgrades. For instance I would’ve been dropping the rear subframe anyways to install the cradle lockout kit and upper control arms-so the springs and sway bar came out same time. Up front i ended up taking out the struts to replace the junk HP camber plates with real camber plates and enlarging the strut tower hole. I can get way more negative camber than a factory HP car. The labor was the same either way. I’m guessing you weren’t trying to buy one in late ‘21 or early ‘22. A lot of HP cars in ‘21 were cancelled by ford and ‘22 production was delayed. My October order was still not scheduled as of April the following year. If you wanted an HP car in late ‘21 or early ‘22 you either couldn’t find them or you were paying $10k markup if you didn’t order the car. I also ended up with a set of lighter and better wheels than the HP car.

All this work...why didn't you just order the HP when you bought it or buy one with HP? I mean, it's great that you get to have some fun with it, just wondering.
Sponsored

Nickel

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Handling Package TR3160 w/Recaros
I don’t get what you mean all this work? It’s spoiler, splitter, fender molding, springs and a sway bar. The actual HP parts were installed in a weekend (minus the spoiler and splitter), the rest are upgrades. For instance I would’ve been dropping the rear subframe anyways to install the cradle lockout kit and upper control arms-so the springs and sway bar came out same time. Up front i ended up taking out the struts to replace the junk HP camber plates with real camber plates and enlarging the strut tower hole. I can get way more negative camber than a factory HP car. The labor was the same either way. I’m guessing you weren’t trying to buy one in late ‘21 or early ‘22. A lot of HP cars in ‘21 were cancelled by ford and ‘22 production was delayed. My October order was still not scheduled as of April the following year. If you wanted an HP car in late ‘21 or early ‘22 you either couldn’t find them or you were paying $10k markup if you didn’t order the car. I also ended up with a set of lighter and better wheels than the HP car.
Nope. I do remember seeing them marked up back then but not as bad as the 350R's at the beginning.

OP
OP
RobZ71LM7

RobZ71LM7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 F-150
This might not be your "cup of tea" yet but these coil-over spring set-ups are more cost effective, in the long run, and easy to change ride height and spring poundage. I have a front and rear set up. If you do a lot of track work you'll eventually want something substantially stiffer that what many of the big retailers offer. These are the only two companies I know selling these kits. Both are high quality and reputable.
Have fun installing those toe link bearings, they are a bit challenging.

https://ajhartmanaero.com/s550-chassis-rear-adjustable-spring-perch-kit/
https://ajhartmanaero.com/magneride-front-coilover-conversion-kit/
https://mikemaierinc.com/products/2...stang/2015-mustang-mod-rear-height-adjusters/

Looks like Steeda has one too.
https://www.steeda.com/steeda-555-8176-mustang-hardcore-rear-adjustable-ride-height-system

1710078342663.jpeg

I've considered them, but really not ready to go that hardcore. At that point I would probably go MCS coilivers. I'm also not looking forward to installing the toe link bearings, but I know they are a huge bank for the buck.
Sponsored