Sponsored

Mach 1 Front Bumper - anyone making one yet?

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I checked out Mach 1 in person and inspected the bumper etc. Some things to be aware of is, the side bezels with a built in giant vane on each side divert into a large radiator on each side which is absent on a regular mustang and will result in the air being thrown into the void of the lower engine area, with no way out. the wheel covers on Mach 1 do have some vents so maybe the remainder of air can try to escape through those vents, but might still have some buffeting effect?

FP did some rounds recently with the Bullitt lower grille and ACC to test it and it was a no go, so the honey comb style lower Mach 1 grille might have same effect, but that is a risk to take for those who want to keep ACC.

The older parking lamps that was used, I saw some paint and plastic chipping at the corners toward the center of both cars where the lamps join the bumper surface, I guess it is not a perfect fit and forces a bit into the paint/plastic of the bumper. Id question that if that was my order :p

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Search the forums - there's a member here that had it done recently. Direct swap no major issues.

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
Yes, that would be djericforbes. And his car is amazing. I screen shot a couple pics from his IG.

684F22E1-3A20-4C57-915B-F9A6A28918F3.jpeg

39DC84F8-26C9-4CB4-91CB-F157B1224F45.jpeg

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Hard to compile info off the what did you do to your mustang thread though,. Yeah needs a separate thread, but his was a damaged complete take off bumper, still need to source some correct parts that complete the front end if buying from scratch.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
If anyone is looking for a Mach 1 Style Bumper looks like MP Concept dropped the ball on their version
I strongly suspect the claim that this is 'mp concepts' product. The real MP Concepts can't sue for trademark violation by a Chinese actor.

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
All the ecoboost mustangs with with that mean front end gonna make GT owners scared or jealous. Game changer

carguy231

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I like my GT500 knockoff from IKON /MRBodyKit.

Front2.jpg

Sponsored

carguy231

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Very nice!! Do you think ikon is a better design then the mp concepts GT500 bumper? ,the one they have looks more like a one piece .
The multi-piece is a lot easier to paint if you want the black as I did. Also the fitment of those pieces allows for some adjustment - and yes that is needed! I had my body shop, Green Tech Collision, in Upland CA do it.

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
The multi-piece is a lot easier to paint if you want the black as I did. Also the fitment of those pieces allows for some adjustment - and yes that is needed! I had my body shop, Green Tech Collision, in Upland CA do it.
They did a great job ,the paint job looks really good ,we're they very expensive to paint the bumper cover?

carguy231

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
They did a great job ,the paint job looks really good ,we're they very expensive to paint the bumper cover?
They did a great job, and they are great painters, from color matching to repairs. Worth every penny [and c-note]... LOL

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
They did a great job, and they are great painters, from color matching to repairs. Worth every penny [and c-note]... LOL
You are Scaring me .Sounds like the paint was more expensive then the bumper cover .

carguy231

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
You are Scaring me .Sounds like the paint was more expensive then the bumper cover .
No, the paint wasn't that much, but the whole thing wasn't cheap.
Sponsored