OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
That is damn fucking impressive!

139mph terminal, that has got to be one of the best terminals for essentially a bolt-on kit with what I suspect is a factory tune and its on 20" wheels too.

Very impressive and boy does that car launch so well.

Nice and see its a TVS 2300 so its essentially the Roush blower but of course further improved and re-engineered a but like VMP also do with the Roush, but I will give you this looks like Harrop done a great job.

Would be great to be able to drive a GT 350, Roush, Whipple and Harrop back to back!

Driven Mac's a few times and I love how docile and stock like the Whipple drives but once you get on it oh boy does it scream and Whipple puts power down well too, Mac will take it to the Pod at some point to see what terminal its running, should be 130+ :)

666mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT cars name (HAMMER)
130+ for sure with the new tune MGW shifter + other recent upgrades and no broken finger should help dramatically
I'm seeing massive gear change improment and less fear on launch with the new drive line

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
130+ for sure with the new tune MGW shifter + other recent upgrades and no broken finger should help dramatically
I'm seeing massive gear change improment and less fear on launch with the new drive line
But what is the dyno saying?! :cheers:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
E46 arrived today - all the way from bonny Scotland (on a transporter, not driven!).

Bloody awesome bit of kit. Pulls like a train - really hard all the way up to 7800. Stops extremely well, rides unbelievably well on the road for a track car thanks to the clubsports. Really pleased with it, however no time to mess with it at the moment .... hopefully over the weekend I can give it a clean and take it for a little ride around .... then get it booked on a track day asap! :thumbsup: I'm sure a few videos will follow :cheers:
Front.jpg
Rear.jpg
Interior.jpg

Sponsored

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
E46 arrived today - all the way from bonny Scotland (on a transporter, not driven!).

Bloody awesome bit of kit. Pulls like a train - really hard all the way up to 7800. Stops extremely well, rides unbelievably well on the road for a track car thanks to the clubsports. Really pleased with it, however no time to mess with it at the moment .... hopefully over the weekend I can give it a clean and take it for a little ride around .... then get it booked on a track day asap! :thumbsup: I'm sure a few videos will follow :cheers:
Er, wrong forum. :D

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
GT350 round the ring. By a guy from the UK
1st time I have seen the HUD shift lights. The want is real!!

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80846
Well at least one extra year of production, videos of the 'ring ..... what next, I wonder? ..... euro GT350R I hope! .... I currently have a Mustang shaped hole in my life that I fear can only be filled with a FPC N/A V8 version!

Er, wrong forum. :D
Gibbo's fault :thumbsup: ..... busy with work for the next week or so but hoping to get on a shakedown trackday in May probably at Donnington, then a day at Silverstone on the GP circuit for some serious high speed stuff (with video) :headbang:

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
Better lap:

Just watched this. WOW! ..... what a noise! This is why I love a N/A flat plane crank and manual 'box. I really wish Ford would sort themselves out and give us a Euro version because realistically (although never say never) it seems like this is almost your last chance for a big power, big revs, N/A engine - they won't be around much longer ..... as we all know it'll be small capacity turbos :( ..... how s:censored:it is that .... even the Top Gear team were moved to suggest a Mustang instead of the new Cayman!

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just watched this. WOW! ..... what a noise! This is why I love a N/A flat plane crank and manual 'box. I really wish Ford would sort themselves out and give us a Euro version because realistically (although never say never) it seems like this is almost your last chance for a big power, big revs, N/A engine - they won't be around much longer ..... as we all know it'll be small capacity turbos :( ..... how s:censored:it is that .... even the Top Gear team were moved to suggest a Mustang instead of the new Cayman!
This is why the Mustang has done so well in Europe!

I drove the entire Porsche range last week in Leipzig at the Porsche test circuit by myself, beauty of working with Porsche.

The new Boxster / Cayman actually sound horrible, really unpleasant sound and the turbo lag on the none S was horrendous and for 300HP they felt slow. The S variants were better but still laggy.

The 911's are not as bad, still being 6 cylinder and with 420HP my god did they move, put the Mustang to absolute shame, something like 7.6s 0-100mph which was very impressive but still the sound was all a bit meh.

They were all PDK but I really enjoy that transmission to the point I'd take it over a manual as it offers seemless smooth auto shifting and manual mode is really good and interactive.

The handling was beyond amazing on all the cars and the Boxster/Cayman very playful at the limit whereas the 911 just grips like poo to a blanket.

Still I came away thinking, the engines have lost response and sound well muted and tame. :(
As such if I was buying Porsche I'd either buy a Cayman GTS from the 981 generation as they were incredible and fun bits of kit, a really true sports car that also is comfortable and fine as a daily or I'd look for a 997.2 or 991.1 Carrera S or GTS.

I'd of loved to put the Mustang on their test track though, as the Porsche test circuit was great fun, amazingly long straight where I was seeing around 140ish in the 911 and fast corners, tight chicanes and even banked corners, such fun and I know the Mustang would of done well and of being fun like the Cayman no doubt. :)

This is why Mustang is a huge success, V8, High revs, stick, RWD and back to basics handling, in fact they are so similar to an E46/E92 M3 in the way they drive just a bit heavier.

I think MY18 will do very well for Ford in EU as its gone more EU, styling wise and for those who don't want a manual an EU rivalling auto will be available thats every bit as good as the ZF 8-Speed and DCT type offerings, along with DI, PI and more power the new car will probably do very well indeed.

The moment Ford drop the V8 or downsize it for turbochargers is where the EU/UK will lose interest at which point there will probably be no V8 NA car on sale.

It is also why the Audi R8 V8 and V10 are so popular as they are one of the last super cars with a big powerful high revving NA engine and can be purchased with manual gear boxes and are predominately RWD, but they cost north of 100k, though you can get an M6 V10 R8 now for a touch over 50k which for something that hits 60 in 3.5s, sounds insane and has super car looks is good value, plus they are rather reliable things too and not your typical dull understeer Audi, if anything they do not drive anything like an Audi, praise really. :)
Sponsored