Sponsored

M6G Youtube Video Thread!

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Just watched this. WOW! ..... what a noise! This is why I love a N/A flat plane crank and manual 'box. I really wish Ford would sort themselves out and give us a Euro version because realistically (although never say never) it seems like this is almost your last chance for a big power, big revs, N/A engine - they won't be around much longer ..... as we all know it'll be small capacity turbos :( ..... how s:censored:it is that .... even the Top Gear team were moved to suggest a Mustang instead of the new Cayman!
I know, gave me goosebumps just listening, what an amazing car, love the engine note and that pause in engine note you get with a stick shift! A naturally aspirated stick shift may be a few tenths of a second slower than a 100 speed turbo but I'd take the former any day of the week.
I'm so glad Harris on Top Gear had a pop at Cayman's 4 cylinder, as it needs to be advertised that Porsche have ruined a great car.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
I know, gave me goosebumps just listening, what an amazing car, love the engine note and that pause in engine note you get with a stick shift! A naturally aspirated stick shift may be a few tenths of a second slower than a 100 speed turbo but I'd take the former any day of the week.
I'm so glad Harris on Top Gear had a pop at Cayman's 4 cylinder, as it needs to be advertised that Porsche have ruined a great car.
If you watched top gear last night you will recall how poor the new 718 Cayman S sounded, though the lap time at 1:21.6 is bloody quick, even more so for a manual.

But now watch this:

[ame]

Now you see how Porsche have gone backwards, the last gen GTS sounds 10x better, really lovely sound in the cabin and pretty nice outside too.

Oh wait for it, identical lap time, yes its a GTS and yes the new 718 GTS will be quicker but it will still sound poooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :D

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
When your at Donnington please let me know, I will bring mine up and try to get on track too with you. :)

14k is good price for an 04 car with all that kit. :)
Work finally showing signs of letting me have a life! ..... so booked in at Donington on Monday 15th May for a shakedown day in the M3. I think there are still spaces available if anyone feels like a blast around - check out the Javelin Track Days website. Looking forward to it immensely! :thumbsup:

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Itll drift!

[ame]

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You all know I love a Porka :D

[ame]

Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dream car although feel sorry for those that bought a Porsche R!

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dream car although feel sorry for those that bought a Porsche R!
I don't, you seen how much they swap hands for now? Like 400k !

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes but this is bound to hit the deprecation of the R in the future. In that it's the same format as the R but better

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Yes but this is bound to hit the deprecation of the R in the future. In that it's the same format as the R but better
Isn't the 'R' highly collectible? Doubt it'll take a hit that much, and FWIW, I think they're still so 'high' as Porches 'VIP' programme still have them under a no sell, so people would pay that much to lose their VIP, and potentially lose out on first dibs for "the next 918" and other rare ran cars that future collectors would cream over.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I suppose the point is that the new GT3 offers everything that the R did. Yes, I'm sure the R will still command a premium but maybe not as much as it would have done.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I suppose the point is that the new GT3 offers everything that the R did. Yes, I'm sure the R will still command a premium but maybe not as much as it would have done.
Who knows, the used Porsche car market is crazy, they are all crazy money and just seem massively over-priced for used cars.

Porsche is to blame as they limit numbers so much and only sell to previous customers.

I'd go and order a GT3 tomorrow and live of baked beans for a few years if I knew I'd actually get one because at 110-120k for a new GT3 is quite a bargain for how amazing a car it is and yes its three times more than a Mustang but I'd say in some ways it is three times the car as well.

Hope used prices for Porsche GT cars will flatten and reduce at somepoint in future or buying one new will become a possibility for those who have not already put millions into Porsches pockets.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes I agree the GT3 does appear a bargain if you can get hold of one!

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
More GT3 reviews:

[ame]

[ame]

[ame]

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellcats are now down to 60k in the UK, a lot of horsepower for not much money!

[ame]

Now back to Porsche :D

[ame]

[ame]

Though I will echo the comments of the first youtube video, the acceleration really seems not quite right. Its 500PS, the gears shifts are insanely fast yet my Mustang goes from 60-100mph at about the same speed if not a touch faster and weighs a damn site more, yes I can do it in one gear but it just seems not all that in a straight line and it just seems the gearing is spaced to far apart he changes up at 9000rpm and it drops back to around 7000rpm. I think Porsche need more gears as 5-6 gears with 9000rpm limit seems quite an issue for them. Think 8 or even 10 would benefit them greatly!

However Porsche would answer with, this is a GT3, if you want straight line or drag race, buy a Carrera S or Turbo S as both are faster in a straight line, but on track the GT3 will own your ass and in fairness from that Ring time, bloody hell that is insanely quick, gotta be the quickest sub 500PS road legal car yet. :)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
This thread should be "Gibbo posts porsche videos" ;)
Sponsored