Sponsored

lund tuning says......too much boost.edelbrock S/C

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
I am still running the 91 octane tune from Whipple and I do realize I could pick up a few more HP with a Lund Tune but this my fun street ride.I did run 11.09 Et 131MPH and drove it to track.
Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Good thing is you can pull a lot of those suspension parts and sell them. Put that money towards some other aspects of the build.

Last edited:

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
Good thing is you can sell a lot of those suspension parts and sell them. Put that money towards some other aspects of the build.
And what would those aspects of the build would that be?
My build is :
Weld Racing Wheels 17x10 on MT Drag Radials
BMR Suspension
Viking Crusade Shocks
ShaftMasters DriveShaft
Whipple Stage2 with Whipple Tune with 92 octane with boostane

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
And what would those aspects of the build would that be?
My build is :
Weld Racing Wheels 17x10 on MT Drag Radials
BMR Suspension
Viking Crusade Shocks
ShaftMasters DriveShaft
Whipple Stage2 with Whipple Tune with 92 octane with boostane
Skinnies to begin with, some lighter brakes. Maybe even a PBD tune.

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Thanks for the info again. One thing people might need to understand about the Edelbrock is in the Torque department it's no underdawg to the larger whipple, it actually makes MORE torque quicker...and generically I'd say the whipple pulls a little harder up top. So much more torque than my Edelbrock 2650TVS ( stage 2 goes on tuesday ) comes with a nitrous jet bleeder in the bypass line to delay torque/boost production making it on the street quite literally act like hybrid between a centri and PD....but pull it out for the track and good lord it's well into boost by 1800rpm haha...( just have different hoses for different tires and scenarios, takes literally 30 seconds to change...from their .015 stock on up to nothing whatever the car and track can handle that day...its quite a dramatic difference.)
I do understand the apprehension of his times vs mods and I wish we had more information but running the blower I bet its fully capable if dead hooked of that 1.5x 60ft I'm just real surprised at his mph in the 1/8th and 1/4. I'm not doubting, hell I want it to be absolutely true I have same car gears and blower hehe....but I'm still surprised....
On the street full trim and full tank my car shows to be trapping about a 123mph vis the on board timer with a fresh belt....not spinning a lot using the bleeder...mid 11s 2.1 60ft
I should add I'm on the Edelbrock 93 tune...in cooler weather it gives me up to 17 degrees WOT hovers between commanded lambda of .76 to .81...I have logs but havent been correlating the cam timings yet I'm still learning the coyote platform long time GM tuner, builder, and racer....usually shifts around 7000-7150rpm

Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Thanks for the info again. One thing people might need to understand about the Edelbrock is in the Torque department it's no underdawg to the larger whipple, it actually makes MORE torque quicker...and generically I'd say the whipple pulls a little harder up top. So much more torque than my Edelbrock 2650TVS ( stage 2 goes on tuesday ) comes with a nitrous jet bleeder in the bypass line to delay torque/boost production making it on the street quite literally act like hybrid between a centri and PD....but pull it out for the track and good lord it's well into boost by 1800rpm haha...( just have different hoses for different tires and scenarios, takes literally 30 seconds to change...from their .015 stock on up to nothing whatever the car and track can handle that day...its quite a dramatic difference.)
I do understand the apprehension of his times vs mods and I wish we had more information but running the blower I bet its fully capable if dead hooked of that 1.5x 60ft I'm just real surprised at his mph in the 1/8th and 1/4. I'm not doubting, hell I want it to be absolutely true I have same car gears and blower hehe....but I'm still surprised....
On the street full trim and full tank my car shows to be trapping about a 123mph vis the on board timer with a fresh belt....not spinning a lot using the bleeder...mid 11s 2.1 60ft
I should add I'm on the Edelbrock 93 tune...in cooler weather it gives me up to 17 degrees WOT hovers between commanded lambda of .76 to .81...I have logs but havent been correlating the cam timings yet I'm still learning the coyote platform long time GM tuner, builder, and racer....usually shifts around 7000-7150rpm
2.1 60 ft... so shave .5 off the 60 and that’s good for what .8 +/- in the 1/4? Easy 10’s with a good launch.

18 Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1 400a
93/Boostane to 100 octane. 19 degrees TT and car shifts @7800. Yours would be a lot quicker shifting @7500-7800, especially with boost

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
2.1 60 ft... so shave .5 off the 60 and that’s good for what .8 +/- in the 1/4? Easy 10’s with a good launch.
That's exactly what I'm hoping, if mid 11s on street with a 2.1 60ft if I can load against the brake or flash it hard...hook and move out surely it's high 10s in same trim...then tuesday the stage 2 goes on which is supposed to be another 67rwhp over what I'm at still with the warranty tune! I mean it's a lot of upgrades from 80mm tb to 103mm, 113mm MAF aftermarket sealed air box and cone filter, BAP, 50lb injectors and an 8 rib belt upgrade ( I do dust the belt on the stock setup) improving from 10psi to 13 ( and probably wont fall off with the 8 rib upgrade and taller blower gear ) surely...launching that at track is mid 10s that's all I want...I have the BMR rear upper shock mounts and viking crusader doubles on them and it really helped keep the car out of ditches on the street hehe...
I anticipate even with a 1.7-1.8 and the additional 67whp I'd get down in decent air, around mid 10s. Just fast enough for fun not so fast I'm breaking things and pissing the track off......hehe...

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
93/Boostane to 100 octane. 19 degrees TT and car shifts @7800. Yours would be a lot quicker shifting @7500-7800, especially with boost
I'm going to log the new stage 2 runs with the Edelbrock tune since its heat of the year and high humidity this should be worse case if I see any KR I was going to try some boostane and maybe run it in summer. I've already got it but the stage 1 hasn't pulled any yet....it lowers it based on IAT imho but not KR.....
I could have had twins for what I've paid ( I got hosed and bought stage 1 full kit few months back and so paid thru the nose for stage 2 upgrade...really disappointed I mean under 2500 miles maybe we should have got a voucher or something hehe)

Sponsored

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Btw yes I can tell the early shifts are KILLING it stock it would shift at 7350-7380 like clock work in drag mode....I think based on previous experience with current stand alone and others this pcm must use some predictive shift algorithms....and its shifting sooner or something...I mean I've seen it shift at 6800 before in drag mode adv trac off..its like a mind of it's on but I was forced to average it across smashes I'd say 6900 first then the rest 7000-7100s...with a 28 inch tire and 3.15s shift recovery isnt the greatest when it shifts in the 7000s

18 Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1 400a
I'm going to log the new stage 2 runs with the Edelbrock tune since its heat of the year and high humidity this should be worse case if I see any KR I was going to try some boostane and maybe run it in summer. I've already got it but the stage 1 hasn't pulled any yet....it lowers it based on IAT imho but not KR.....
I could have had twins for what I've paid ( I got hosed and bought stage 1 full kit few months back and so paid thru the nose for stage 2 upgrade...really disappointed I mean under 2500 miles maybe we should have got a voucher or something hehe)
Yeah, I probably could’ve had twins for the money I got in it, but I got what I wanted and it can put me in the 8s, so I’m good. The Boostane obviously won’t help with KR from IAT, but mine pulled 2 degrees @7100 on the dyno, so we stopped there and switched to E85. I then went back to 93/Boostane and it works great. 19 all the way to 7800

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Yeah, I probably could’ve had twins for the money I got in it, but I got what I wanted and it can put me in the 8s, so I’m good. The Boostane obviously won’t help with KR from IAT, but mine pulled 2 degrees @7100 on the dyno, so we stopped there and switched to E85. I then went back to 93/Boostane and it works great. 19 all the way to 7800
Right I have yet to see if the stage 2 is forced to pull any for actual KR ( goes on tuesday ) vs an IAT vs timing curve ( I use them all the time myself ), I will report!
Good info so your saying on 93 it had 19 degrees of timing all the way to 7800 or e85? How much boost and power on 93 vs e85...
Yes they are super capable and look stock there is a lot to like and while I've had some issues with them ( some is my bad luck I just count on having hehe), I'm primarily salty in full disclosure because they have their Stage 2 complete kit on sale for $7600 right now, the stage 1 to 2 upgrade kit is $4750 I bought just 2 weeks ago and the stage 1 $7000 a few months ago with only 2100 miles. I had a string of issues that I used my own MPVI2 to help them sort ( the sct couldnt log the correct fields ) I've only enjoyed the car a few outings...I guess I incorrectly felt someone purchasing that close to release, especially in light of the 4th of July sales and the fact I missed my install window that would have been before the 4th to enjoy the car while the wife was off ( a rarity ), I had even scheduled surgeries around when the car would be upgraded giving me a little time with it before I cant drive or walk...I was only shipped half my stage 2 kit that I messaged shit you not the vendor and Edelbrock account on here twice and then emailed a contact each to make sure it was truly instock and then ordered still didnt get it, missed my window and while I'm setting here licking those wounds...they put the entire kit on sale for 3k more than I paid for my UPGRADE a few weeks ago on the blower with 2100 miles on it and just now, belt slip aside, lined out ( well there is a hot restart after sitting heat soaked a while issue but it's small). So its sour grapes via money only really. 7k plus 4750...$11,750 plus 2 labor sessions vs $7600 and 1....hehe its HARD to swallow because I'm thrifty....but as usual I have pretty had luck....I waited to drive the car when the blower was told to he in stock I set install date and wasnt pushing that back God 6 weeks...and I'm waiting to drive it now on stage 2 install for going on the 4th week ( i think I finally have all my stage 2 parts shipped to me now). That is my decision but the warranty starts at date of service miles...so I'm using my old rides and wifes when she is home and it just sits...if I am going to pay 14k with labor for 650whp I am sure want every mile of that warranty. I DO realize that's my decision.....I also realize that the stage 2 is a lot of stuff but if they could afford to sell a full stage 2 kit this weekend for $600 over what I paid for stage 1 , did they really have to charge such a late adopter $4750 for the difference vs the $1800 between full stage 1 and 2 kits ( when neither is on sale)? Maybe I am unreasonable they told me the price was absorbed in the kit and I'm like I JUST bought a FULL kit there's no difference hehe...I could understand if it was a year later and 15k miles or something hehe...I just feel like FULL KIT BUYERS especially recent ones should get a voucher and pay not more than the retail cost between the full kits ( 1800) vs 4750.
Since it's my money I fully realize I could be biased haha....
Anyway soon I'll be enjoying a nice well rounded kit, that starts good runs cool, gets good gas mileage and has a warranty, I truly feel stage 2 isnt just about power and power potential but will address shortcomings in Stage 1 like slip and no trans tuning so overall its definitely worth it...imho anyone on the fence should have jumped on this weekends sale no way you get more power with a warranty and a better system for less!!!
That's all I want at this point...is to drive and enjoy my first new car while I still can...may not be much time for me to do it...

18 Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1 400a
Right I have yet to see if the stage 2 is forced to pull any for actual KR ( goes on tuesday ) vs an IAT vs timing curve ( I use them all the time myself ), I will report!
Good info so your saying on 93 it had 19 degrees of timing all the way to 7800 or e85? How much boost and power on 93 vs e85...
Yes they are super capable and look stock there is a lot to like and while I've had some issues with them ( some is my bad luck I just count on having hehe), I'm primarily salty in full disclosure because they have their Stage 2 complete kit on sale for $7600 right now, the stage 1 to 2 upgrade kit is $4750 I bought just 2 weeks ago and the stage 1 $7000 a few months ago with only 2100 miles. I had a string of issues that I used my own MPVI2 to help them sort ( the sct couldnt log the correct fields ) I've only enjoyed the car a few outings...I guess I incorrectly felt someone purchasing that close to release, especially in light of the 4th of July sales and the fact I missed my install window that would have been before the 4th to enjoy the car while the wife was off ( a rarity ), I had even scheduled surgeries around when the car would be upgraded giving me a little time with it before I cant drive or walk...I was only shipped half my stage 2 kit that I messaged shit you not the vendor and Edelbrock account on here twice and then emailed a contact each to make sure it was truly instock and then ordered still didnt get it, missed my window and while I'm setting here licking those wounds...they put the entire kit on sale for 3k more than I paid for my UPGRADE a few weeks ago on the blower with 2100 miles on it and just now, belt slip aside, lined out ( well there is a hot restart after sitting heat soaked a while issue but it's small). So its sour grapes via money only really. 7k plus 4750...$11,750 plus 2 labor sessions vs $7600 and 1....hehe its HARD to swallow because I'm thrifty....but as usual I have pretty had luck....I waited to drive the car when the blower was told to he in stock I set install date and wasnt pushing that back God 6 weeks...and I'm waiting to drive it now on stage 2 install for going on the 4th week ( i think I finally have all my stage 2 parts shipped to me now). That is my decision but the warranty starts at date of service miles...so I'm using my old rides and wifes when she is home and it just sits...if I am going to pay 14k with labor for 650whp I am sure want every mile of that warranty. I DO realize that's my decision.....I also realize that the stage 2 is a lot of stuff but if they could afford to sell a full stage 2 kit this weekend for $600 over what I paid for stage 1 , did they really have to charge such a late adopter $4750 for the difference vs the $1800 between full stage 1 and 2 kits ( when neither is on sale)? Maybe I am unreasonable they told me the price was absorbed in the kit and I'm like I JUST bought a FULL kit there's no difference hehe...I could understand if it was a year later and 15k miles or something hehe...I just feel like FULL KIT BUYERS especially recent ones should get a voucher and pay not more than the retail cost between the full kits ( 1800) vs 4750.
Since it's my money I fully realize I could be biased haha....
Anyway soon I'll be enjoying a nice well rounded kit, that starts good runs cool, gets good gas mileage and has a warranty, I truly feel stage 2 isnt just about power and power potential but will address shortcomings in Stage 1 like slip and no trans tuning so overall its definitely worth it...imho anyone on the fence should have jumped on this weekends sale no way you get more power with a warranty and a better system for less!!!
That's all I want at this point...is to drive and enjoy my first new car while I still can...may not be much time for me to do it...
Wow man! Sounds pretty rough. Hopefully all goes well for you. On straight 93, @15psi, it made 750/640@7100. It was holding 19 till 7100 then pulled 2 degrees. We stopped there and drained 93 and added 10 gallons of E85. On E, it made 872/720 still with 15psi. That’s the tune/fuel I have loaded now. Going to track Friday for glory runs then back to 93/Boostane for normal street use

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Wow man! Sounds pretty rough. Hopefully all goes well for you. On straight 93, @15psi, it made 750/640@7100. It was holding 19 till 7100 then pulled 2 degrees. We stopped there and drained 93 and added 10 gallons of E85. On E, it made 872/720 still with 15psi. That’s the tune/fuel I have loaded now. Going to track Friday for glory runs then back to 93/Boostane for normal street use
18 smokin INFO....thanks wow I'm impressed with the 93 and e85 numbers!!!! That's a lot of power to look forward to! I assume the 93 and boostane is to combat that 2 degrees it pulled!!! We get some really good shell Vpower nitroIII they just swapped their tanks over at my local fill up station literally up the road from my house 98% of fill ups there and I keep all my receipts with mileage in case...incredible how junk octane boosters used to he we would be trying to order 5gals of torco at our local sherwin Williams back in the day now you can get REAL stuff!!! I need to figure out where my little funnel is stored in my car haha....
I'll be watching for those results ( no that's not a low key slur I literally cant wait....just making sure I come across right I'm on HIGH powered meds right now haha....)
Sponsored