Lund flex fuel tune for 2018 Mustang GT automatic

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
So, I'm picking up a 2018 Mustang GT premium A10 with 3:55 gears. Very nice one owner car. I was thinking of putting a Whipple or Edelbrock on it, but I'm seeing lots of timeslips in the 11s stock or with a tune only.

Can anyone give me feedback hopefull with a dyno graph, video, etc before and after the flex fuel tune and whether you are using pure E85 or 93 or whatever. Timeslips are also helpful. It's a red one to go with my green Bullitt.

Thanks!
Sponsored

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
So, I'm picking up a 2018 Mustang GT premium A10 with 3:55 gears. Very nice one owner car. I was thinking of putting a Whipple or Edelbrock on it, but I'm seeing lots of timeslips in the 11s stock or with a tune only.

Can anyone give me feedback hopefull with a dyno graph, video, etc before and after the flex fuel tune and whether you are using pure E85 or 93 or whatever. Timeslips are also helpful. It's a red one to go with my green Bullitt.

Thanks!
The only tuning regret I have with mine is the actual tuning device I chose. I stayed with SCT device and software because I had used it on several previous cars and didn't really wanna take the time to learn anything new (datalogging, how to use it, etc). If I did it over, I'd stay with E85 but I'd tune using an ngauge because the SCT device will not give you an alcohol content % reading but the nguage does. Most pump E85 in my area is very good in the warm months, but tends to get more diluted as the cold months take hold. Luckily my car sits protected in the garage in the cold months but alcohol %age's do drop in my area because more and more regular gasoline ends up being "dumped" into the E85 underground tanks diluting it. Its still fairly easy to manually do an alcohol content test with a small test kit, but you are still gonna be handling E85 and likely getting it on your hands as you test. I have a friend who does this in the Spring, and he lets me know when the % gets into the high 70's where it becomes a better quality product once again. I've never had to buy E85 in a barrel or 5 gallon can yet, although I know its alcohol content is much higher, its also much more expensive. My car went 12.5 @ 117 bone stock (base GT A10 3.55's w/the shitty Pirelli P Zero's on black appearance pack wheels). She picked up 40 whp on the dyno after the long tube's for a total of 492 hp measured on a Dynojet. And she went down the 1320 with Nitto 05R drag radials at 22 psi in 11.7 @ 123. Since then I've been able to get her into the super low 11's with suspension, driveshaft change, lots of practice. Most people aren't gonna throw on a drag radial, a tune and go run low 11's, you'll play with tire pressure, your launch RPM and perhaps even different tracks before you'll see low 11's in these cars but it is pretty easy to do in my experience. 20 years ago if you'd have told me I'd have a low 11 second n/a car I'd have laughed my butt off at ya...its amazing what you can do with a 4050 lb car (with my weight added) and close to 500 whp these days. And my only regret is not being willing to learn how to use the ngauge. At some point, I'll likely make that change but for now I still have a couple other things that are gonna cost me some cash to do in my quest to see 10's with this car n/a. Up next for me will be a Circle D stall. On my set up that should be enough to get me from the 11.15 @ 124 which is the cars current best into hopefully a 10.9X or a bit better.

OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
The only tuning regret I have with mine is the actual tuning device I chose. I stayed with SCT device and software because I had used it on several previous cars and didn't really wanna take the time to learn anything new (datalogging, how to use it, etc). If I did it over, I'd stay with E85 but I'd tune using an ngauge because the SCT device will not give you an alcohol content % reading but the nguage does. Most pump E85 in my area is very good in the warm months, but tends to get more diluted as the cold months take hold. Luckily my car sits protected in the garage in the cold months but alcohol %age's do drop in my area because more and more regular gasoline ends up being "dumped" into the E85 underground tanks diluting it. Its still fairly easy to manually do an alcohol content test with a small test kit, but you are still gonna be handling E85 and likely getting it on your hands as you test. I have a friend who does this in the Spring, and he lets me know when the % gets into the high 70's where it becomes a better quality product once again. I've never had to buy E85 in a barrel or 5 gallon can yet, although I know its alcohol content is much higher, its also much more expensive. My car went 12.5 @ 117 bone stock (base GT A10 3.55's w/the shitty Pirelli P Zero's on black appearance pack wheels). She picked up 40 whp on the dyno after the long tube's for a total of 492 hp measured on a Dynojet. And she went down the 1320 with Nitto 05R drag radials at 22 psi in 11.7 @ 123. Since then I've been able to get her into the super low 11's with suspension, driveshaft change, lots of practice. Most people aren't gonna throw on a drag radial, a tune and go run low 11's, you'll play with tire pressure, your launch RPM and perhaps even different tracks before you'll see low 11's in these cars but it is pretty easy to do in my experience. 20 years ago if you'd have told me I'd have a low 11 second n/a car I'd have laughed my butt off at ya...its amazing what you can do with a 4050 lb car (with my weight added) and close to 500 whp these days. And my only regret is not being willing to learn how to use the ngauge. At some point, I'll likely make that change but for now I still have a couple other things that are gonna cost me some cash to do in my quest to see 10's with this car n/a. Up next for me will be a Circle D stall. On my set up that should be enough to get me from the 11.15 @ 124 which is the cars current best into hopefully a 10.9X or a bit better.
Thanks for the response. How is driving in traffic, normal, spirited, etc? Is there any quirkiness to it? I'm saying surging, abrupt shifts, etc? You saw some serious power added with the tune it sounds like.

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
Thanks for the response. How is driving in traffic, normal, spirited, etc? Is there any quirkiness to it? I'm saying surging, abrupt shifts, etc? You saw some serious power added with the tune it sounds like.
I was given plenty of time to data log it. 13 revisions to my E85 tune alone. It has no driveability issues at all. Only thing you have to get used to is the smell E85 gives off, its like a sickly sweet smell from the exhaust, I get a lot of people asking me if I'm running race gas all the time. And I say yeah, kinda. LOL

Sponsored

LethalBlake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F150
Our very own Lethal Performance "Project Goldmember" has been documented from day one of the progress of your build. Here is some information to help give you a look at where are car has is now and what it took to get there. Feel free to shoot me a message if you have any specific questions!

GM-Numbers-Whipple_june2019_blog3.jpg

cat=108&_nc_ohc=-6VdfSU5BCYAQnz5DJohqZiQUuwS6Xf1RPJ8TVUx0E89uE0bCJdhsG51A&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.jpg

RoyalCrimsonGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bong
Vehicle(s)
2018 MGT P, 10R80, PP1, MagneRide, ActiveExhaust
Vehicle Showcase
Where is the N Gauge reading the Ethanol content from?
from the stock wide band 02 sensors. Monitor in on the nGauge with ALCH_PCT% and ALCH_LEARN FLAG.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Only thing you have to get used to is the smell E85 gives off, its like a sickly sweet smell from the exhaust, I get a lot of people asking me if I'm running race gas all the time. And I say yeah, kinda. LOL
Hahaha, I love it. I'll remote start my car with the garage closed, walk out to it, and it's like I walked into a candy shop :D

OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Back to this thread. For those of you that have the flex fuel tune, not the dedicated E85 tune. How is shifting? Especially manually? Any quicker?

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Back to this thread. For those of you that have the flex fuel tune, not the dedicated E85 tune. How is shifting? Especially manually? Any quicker?
My flex tune is through AED. In normal mode it's just that. But as soon as you go track its aggressive, shifts harder / faster, pulls hard up top. Peak hp about the same as straight e85 only real difference is you don't get the instant timing down low with the flex.

Switching to paddles for fun is also a blast. When i switch off to 91 on occasion I definitely miss running e, even the part e we get known as flex fuel / e54.

OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
My flex tune is through AED. In normal mode it's just that. But as soon as you go track its aggressive, shifts harder / faster, pulls hard up top. Peak hp about the same as straight e85 only real difference is you don't get the instant timing down low with the flex.

Switching to paddles for fun is also a blast. When i switch off to 91 on occasion I definitely miss running e, even the part e we get known as flex fuel / e54.
Thanks for your quick response! So, you can run fuel from 91 octane up to E85 without changing injectors or loading a different tune and the cpu will detect the change and make the spark, etc accordingly? Just load the tune onto the SCtx4?
Any other information you can supply will help. Have you run this tune long and are you happy with it? Paddle shifting is also quicker than the canned SCT tune? Thanks again!

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning

Thanks!
Hello Greens550, me or @LethalBlake can take care of you on setting you up with an Ngauge tuner here from @LethalPerformance! If you just want to leave the car mostly stock with minor bolt ons I recommend just getting a regular 93 tune from Lund it will for sure wake your car up!

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
I've ran my flex fuel, E85r, and e54r tunes for 21k now with no issues. Once you go to ethanol you won't want to go back. Highly addictive...

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Thanks for your quick response! So, you can run fuel from 91 octane up to E85 without changing injectors or loading a different tune and the cpu will detect the change and make the spark, etc accordingly? Just load the tune onto the SCtx4?
Any other information you can supply will help. Have you run this tune long and are you happy with it? Paddle shifting is also quicker than the canned SCT tune? Thanks again!
Correct on 18+ dual injection no upgraded injectors required until you go forced induction. Tune adjusts to the content of the fueling , no flash etc. Depending on quality of fuel you can always do a KAM reset as well. Typically though the AFR adjusts with just a little driving (non wot). I use the BDX which is just the next version up from the 4. Would never use the canned SCT tune, only the device as a vessel for real tunes. Definitely paddles shift faster than stock, input and throttle response is great. Have been running this for almost 2 years in a couple months.
Sponsored