Sponsored

lug nuts for 6gr wheels

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
So, essentially with this wheel you will not have the same look and fitment of the GT350R wheels in reference to the wheel studs and lugs. That sucks!!!! thanks for all the info.
Correct... you can see Bosshog's R in a separate thread and see the godawful ugly exposed studs protruding from the center sections front/rear.

I should have a solution coming soon for those willing to do an open lug setup but it will require a change of studs.
Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hear you. There is a very informative thread on this very subject at track mustangs online dot com. Google 6gr and pick it up at pg 13.

I like the look garagelogic has but I probably don't have to double up like he did since my track pack doesn't have the longer studs. However, when my R is delivered in the spring, I'll have to do something similar.

My immediate need is the HPDE I have coming up on 12/09-11. I want some strong ass lugs for the track.

My reference above pretty much covers the topic, I just have to get home for some measurements.
You can have "strong" lugs, but a weak link is what the lugs are clinging to. I haven't heard of any stud failures with aftermarket wheels on the R yet.

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
Correct... you can see Bosshog's R in a separate thread and see the godawful ugly exposed studs protruding from the center sections front/rear.

I should have a solution coming soon for those willing to do an open lug setup but it will require a change of studs.
I'd love to hear about it when you do brother. If you are making a list, slap me on it.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
You can have "strong" lugs, but a weak link is what the lugs are clinging to. I haven't heard of any stud failures with aftermarket wheels on the R yet.
Agreed. For now, I will start with better lugs and down the road, upgrade the studs. I talked to Curtis at MSI Racing about lugs and ordered a complete set. He is including a sample wheel stud with my order. The lugs run a bit less than $4 each and the studs around $11 each.

For street use, something like a black chrome gorilla lug would be just fine.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Agreed. For now, I will start with better lugs and down the road, upgrade the studs. I talked to Curtis at MSI Racing about lugs and ordered a complete set. He is including a sample wheel stud with my order. The lugs run a bit less than $4 each and the studs around $11 each.

For street use, something like a black chrome gorilla lug would be just fine.
I absolutely agree. Lemme know what you think of the MSI products. Curtis is a great guy to talk to and very helpful.

Sponsored

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
I am also in the market for lug studs. ARP offers long as hell studs that are roughly 3.5 inches in length. The R studs are about a half inch shorter and I would be inclined to go with something that length or shorter. If MSI has something off the shelf that fits the bill that would be fantastic.

An inexpensive nut with a nice seat that will fit the narrow holes of the 6gR wheels is the Dorman 611-257. I will be using those with new studs next season.

Bosshog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J-RO
Vehicle(s)
17' 350R // 16' FOCUS RS

Yeah, everyone come take a look at my "godawful ugly" exposed studs! I'll take more pics on request, close ups, with or without girls (semi naked, naked)
Let me know if you want to cringe! :headbang: