OP
OP
hasta_luego

hasta_luego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 T4R TRD Pro, '16 VW GSW
I don't think I could do the Vette. I just think of the targa top cruising, and hitting 0-60 under 4 seconds, and the eye-popping 1.13 Gs on the skidpad, which suggests that it handles like a dream. Will get a couple more test drives in this coming week. I am kinda leaning towards a 2020 BULLITT, at this point. But I'd also like to see more detailed long-term reviews on 2018 and newer GT350's, though.
Sponsored

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
I don't think I could do the Vette. I just think of the targa top cruising, and hitting 0-60 under 4 seconds, and the eye-popping 1.13 Gs on the skidpad, which suggests that it handles like a dream. Will get a couple more test drives in this coming week. I am kinda leaning towards a 2020 BULLITT, at this point. But I'd also like to see more detailed long-term reviews on 2018 and newer GT350's, though.
When I had my GS, one of my favorite things to do was to put the top down after work (get out around midnight) and drive home listening to that sweet sweet dual mode exhaust. If it could fit a baby seat, I would have another one. That car was more fun than my Boss 302 and my Viper combined. Plus it got awesome mileage on road trips. I do not understand why Ford keeps putting 16 gallon tanks in the Mustang. A 19 or 20 would be much better.

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
I think that the Vette is with Porsche of the cars that I'll never own because to me they NEVER look good to me. I'm well aware they perform great, but some reason I have never understood how people think they look good. I mean I love cars, I'm usually even good at telling what is behind me at night just based on teh headlights. But if you stood me in broad daylight next to 3 Porsches I probably would have no idea what is what unless one is clearly a SUV or sedan, or even if they were made in the last 5yrs or not.
I love the way almost ever generation of the Corvette looks and especially Porsches. I don't know how you don't see the difference between the different models and years :D

OP
OP
hasta_luego

hasta_luego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also disagree on that point. I love how the 911 has just ever so slightly changed over the years. It is actually instantly recoginizable for that very reason. I believe it’s been said it’s actually the most recognizable sports car in the world.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
If this car is summer/track only and you don't want to use it in the winter at all, I would lean toward the Corvette. But you will have to drive it and see.

Sponsored

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
Track=GT350 all the way, street=Bullitt, Looks and old school growl=Boss LS. I can't bring myself to get a vette. My buddy tracks a Z06 and its and amazing car but parts are pricey and they are everywhere.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Now, I had it in Sport mode, but it didn’t feel nearly as tied together as I would have liked. For example, my wife’s Golf SportWagen feels more taught and tighter handling. That’s the feeling I’m looking for. Wondering if the Shelby will give me that. I can’t imagine driving the Bullitt in track mode everyday. Maybe there was more adjustment that I could’ve made on the Bullitt.
This is the point of MagneRide. Even in harsher modes, the ride doesn't have to be that harsh and will only start working magic until it needs to. Yes, Track mode is definitely stiffer than Normal mode in a GT350 but it's surprisingly not too punishing. Compliance and control != harsh and grueling.

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
This is the point of MagneRide. Even in harsher modes, the ride doesn't have to be that harsh and will only start working magic until it needs to. Yes, Track mode is definitely stiffer than Normal mode in a GT350 but it's surprisingly not too punishing. Compliance and control != harsh and grueling.
This exactly. I was thrashing on my Bullitt the other day around some tight back roads and didn't notice it being loose at all. It sits higher than the GT350 so I don't have to worry about breaking things so bad.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I think it all depends on where you drive. I don't do strip or track, it's all local twisties. In the past 18 months I've driven a 2013 Boss, 2016 GT350, and $175K 2017 Porsche 911 Turbo, plus I own a 2018 GT PP1. Although I love the looks and concept of the Boss, and how unique they are, it was the least enjoyable to drive. The Recaros were not comfortable, the steering wheel didn't telescope, and the power and handling weren't as good as the 2018 GT. On local roads, my GT and the GT350 feel the same, both power and handling wise, but only because I put GT350 wheels and sway bars on the GT. If I went to the track, the GT350 would be worth the extra money because you could appreciate the additional capabilities over the GT that you can't reach on public roads. The Porsche was a valuable measuring stick for how I appreciate performance cars. On a scale of 1-10 for power and handling, I'd give the Boss a 4, the stock GT PP1 a 5, the GT with GT350 wheels a 6, the GT350 a 7, and the 911 a 10. The 911 is that much better. But it better be for that kind of money. All that said, I paid $34K for the GT and a net cost of about $500 for the GT350 wheels/tires/sway bars after selling my PP1 wheels. For $34.5K I'm very content with the GT.

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
How did you manage to get GT350 wheels on your PP1? That has got to be a TIGHT squeeze.
Just bolted them right on, used the same lug nuts and everything. TPMS immediately sync'd right up. No clearance issues at all but I bet there'd be some rubbing if I lowered it. Had to get a custom alignment to account for the wider front track but the local Ford dealer banged it out in an hour.

OP
OP
hasta_luego

hasta_luego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
At this point, I am waiting until 2020 models year specs get announced. By some accounts, Ford MIGHT be making some tweaks on the 5.2L Voodoo engine for the GT350. That being said, I should be test driving a 2019 GT350 in about a week.

I am dropping the Boss. I'd want a pristine example if buying a 6-year old vehicle, and I can't justify the price tag for that on one of those. It would cost within $6k of a new BULLITT.

I am also dropping the M2 Comp, because, while I know it excels in many areas on paper, the looks don't really do it for me. It's simply not as "special" or as emotional of a vehicle, to me. I want a vehicle that I really look forward to getting out of storage in the Spring, and something I am sad to put away in the fall. Something that's got raw power on the verge of scaring the sh-- out of me. Plus, the M2 Comp being only a couple years now in the making, I'd likely be buying new, and those cars take an immediately HUGE hit on depreciation.

P-cars are still very much in the running. Lots to choose from. $50-70K can get me a 991.1 911 (2012-2014), and a Cayman S (981 with the 6 Cyl) can be had fairly easily under $60k. There's just not a lot of them near me, but I've got my eyes peeled. Finding one with a stick is not an easy feat. Everyone likes to order and buy those with the PDK.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
By some accounts, Ford MIGHT be making some tweaks on the 5.2L Voodoo engine for the GT350.
That whole thing with the GT500 block being "transplanted to the GT350" news? Yeah I wouldn't really care one way or the other. There's stock blocks, albeit sleeved, that are soaking up 1500 RWHP and have zero signs of distress.

OP
OP
hasta_luego

hasta_luego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That whole thing with the GT500 block being "transplanted to the GT350" news? Yeah I wouldn't really care one way or the other. There's stock blocks, albeit sleeved, that are soaking up 1500 RWHP and have zero signs of distress.
No, not sharing the same block as the 500. I don't buy that. Rather, I was reading something about the 350 using the current engine, just reworking the cooling system for it.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
No, not sharing the same block as the 500. I don't buy that. Rather, I was reading something about the 350 using the current engine, just reworking the cooling system for it.
My '16 has never come close to overheating including on autocross with poor airflow well into 90's ambient temps.
Sponsored